Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: I got a PG348Q

ROG Enthusiast Array

the VESA screws are behind the quick release disc on the stand.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kylis View Post
    the VESA screws are behind the quick release disc on the stand.
    Probably but I never checked there.

New ROGer Array IBAzzckcr PC Specs
    IBAzzckcr PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 5930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator 32GB 3000Mhz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 980
    Graphics Card #2ASUS GTX 980
    MonitorROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 850
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    CaseCorsair 780T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech 700S
    Headset Corsair 1500
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500
    OS Windows 10

Gaming on this Beast

I've got this monitor as well and as far as gaming on this beast...it's been a blast. I've had no issues with the 100Hz and some minor BLB in the upper left corner. Not noticeable during gaming anyway. I've been getting back into Dirt Rally lately and playing a lot of The Division. Both games are meant for this type of monitor. I've always played Dirt in third person but with this monitor I've started playing in cockpit view and WOW!! It's such an immersive experience that the first time I rolled the car I almost got sick. My equilibrium got completely discombobulated! Playing the Division is great as well in that you can see so much more of the world that you don't have to pan side to side. I love this monitor! Well worth the wait!

New ROGer Array

This is a big monitor so get yourself ready with appropriate desk.
    After some fiddling with the stand, I had in on my desk, on and setup in less than 5 min. Menus are straight forward and easy to understand and use.
    I have OC to 85Hz only, due to reading user histories and not willing to drive it to the limit from day 1. I haven't heard any funny noises and definetely haven't seen any artifacts with lines, etc.
    My old screen was the PG278. Honestly, while playing my favorite games (BF4 and DCS) I couldn't notice any difference between the 1ms and 144Hz of the old screen and the new PG348 running at 85Hz.
    Maybe I'm not too picky but hey, who cares, gaming is a blast, I can see wide (those sneaky enemies with knives will be surprised).

I noticed a slight drop in FPS while playing DCS and maxed out Nevada map, but nothing major. Running this screen on an EVGA Titan X...
    All in all major improvement and happy with the purchase.

New ROGer Array

Those of you who already have this monitor are any of you in the US and if so where did you buy the monitor? I've only been able to see it as part of a custom computer build from a number of custom PC companies - can't seem to find it to buy just the monitor through the usual channels ie. Amazon.com, Newegg.com, etc.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array toronto699 PC Specs
    toronto699 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752-VY-DH78K , G751-JYDH72X
    MotherboardRog Tytan G30AB
    Processori7-4770K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Gold20th GTX980Ti
    Sound CardDell X-Fi Audigy SoundBlaster
    Monitor3 Acer K272HL
    Storage #1118 GB/OS
    Storage #22.72 TB
    CPU CoolerIntegrated Liquid-Cooled CPU
    CaseG30AB
    Power SupplyAsus 700 Watt
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Diamond Back
    Headset Sony Studio Professional , Razer Seiren Mic
    Mouse Pad Razer FireFly
    Headset/Speakers Logittech 5.1 Z-5500
    OS W 10
    Network RouterSagemon Fast 5250 Hub 2000

ncix.com had some , but ran out of stock, I ordered from ncix.com but they cancelled my order due to stock shortage , said they will be getting more soon how soon who knows they have some now in USA

New ROGer Array

X34

I did try 3 of the acer X34 and all of them did have a coil whine ! I would not mind the backlight bleed so much but the buzzing makes me mad! Did You have any problems with it on PG348Q? Have just order one and hope i will not have any problems like with the predator

ROG Enthusiast Array

I picked one up from Micro Center Friday. No whine, no scan lines that I noticed. But there's a stripe about the width of my finger running the entire width of the panel just below the top edge that's just a bit dimmer than the rest of the screen. It's not visible in red, a little visible in green, but quite visible in blue. It's visible while gaming so it's a loser. I traded it in on Saturday but the replacement has the same band, although it's not quite as bad, so I guess this one is going back as well.

New ROGer Array

So finaly i also got mine.
    No dead pixel.
    No scanlines.
    Minor backlight bleeding.

So far so good. But i have two issues - maybe someone can help me.

1. How can i switch on or off the logo projecton on the bottom. It was on when i turned on the monitor first, but now it is off. Found nothing in the description.

2. When the monitor switches into stand by mode. It doesn't shut down, but starts to switch several colors (red, green, white.....)(

Anyone knows how i can change these things?

Regards

D

ROG Enthusiast Array

The projected logo is the "Light in Motion" menu setting. Don't know why it's called that since it doesn't move, but there you have it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast