cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a PG348Q

bajs1988
Level 7
So I created this topic to help answer questions regarding this product. So far early impressions, great screen, no dead pixels, some back light bleed on the top right and top left corners, and overclocks to 100hz without issues.

Edit: just a heads up, the scan line issue that Acer X34 monitors experience is present with this monitor as well, not surprised since they both use the same panel. However it doesn't bother me as its only noticeable against single solid colored backgrounds i.e. Blue skies and you also have to look for it to see it. Easy to loose them during actual gaming. Jus thought I would warn potential buyers who were holding off hoping this issue would be resolved.

56 REPLIES 56

jadedzero
Level 7
Well that is very exciting! Did you have to perform any rituals at midnight with people dressed in cloaks and was there chanting?

Just kidding. What kinds of FPS are you getting on Tomb Raider with all settings maxed? What's your PC specs? Looks like I am seeing water cooling!

jadedzero
Level 7
Well that is very exciting! Did you have to perform any rituals at midnight with people dressed in cloaks and was there chanting?

Just kidding. What kinds of FPS are you getting on Tomb Raider with all settings maxed? What's your PC specs? Looks like I am seeing water cooling!

jadedzero wrote:

Lol you have no idea! I was so happy I didn't see a single dead pixel I almost cried.

As for my PC, I got 3 Titan x's overclocked to 1443mhz on the gpu, memory is on stock clocks.

CPU is a 4930k overclocked to 4.5ghz

My fps is anywhere from high 90s to mid 40s depending on the area, in the beginning of the game fps is fine but later in certain areas the game has performance issues sadly many have brought it up on the steam community forums. I'm running everything on max with the exception of AA which is on FXAA.

Chino wrote:
Congratulations!

That's one sick monitor. 😮

Thanks! I was hoping for questions lol I don't want this topic to seem like I'm gloating or anything.

bajs1988 wrote:
Thanks! I was hoping for questions lol I don't want this topic to seem like I'm gloating or anything.

Hey bajs1988,

Congratulations on your new monitor.:cool: I may not have questions at this time as they seem to be already answered.
But I'm watching your post closely and I'm sure many others are/will be watching as well. You,ll see by the views your post gets.

I'll be getting a new monitor myself before long and this monitor is one of a few I'm considering. Customer/owner reviews is what I'm counting on to make the best pick.

Please keep us posted on your experience with this awesome monitor.

Ntwlf wrote:
Hey bajs1988,

Congratulations on your new monitor.:cool: I may not have questions at this time as they seem to be already answered.
But I'm watching your post closely and I'm sure many others are/will be watching as well. You,ll see by the views your post gets.

I'll be getting a new monitor myself before long and this monitor is one of a few I'm considering. Customer/owner reviews is what I'm counting on to make the best pick.

Please keep us posted on your experience with this awesome monitor.

Will do! If any issues pop up I'll be sure to update the thread.

jadedzero
Level 7
Okay!! Questions time:

Can you take a picture in the complete darkness with a black screen so that we can see the backlight bleed you do get?

Do you feel that the curve improves the monitor, makes it worse, or doesn't do anything?

I know you haven't had the monitor long, but I'd love to know how it performs under a long heavy gaming session. Can you let me know how it holds up after 8 hours of playing games?

jadedzero wrote:
Okay!! Questions time:

Can you take a picture in the complete darkness with a black screen so that we can see the backlight bleed you do get?

Do you feel that the curve improves the monitor, makes it worse, or doesn't do anything?

I know you haven't had the monitor long, but I'd love to know how it performs under a long heavy gaming session. Can you let me know how it holds up after 8 hours of playing games?

Give me a couple of days and I'll update you on how it handles long gaming sessions. As for the curve I honestly don't feel like it's a major difference or adds any advantage to gaming.

Here is a pic of the BLB with the lights in my room off its much less noticeable than what's shown in the picture I tried to get the exposure of the iPhone camera as close to what I am seeing in real life as possible.