cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G60JX sound card

Zanetti
Level 7
Hi ,

i bought an ASUS G60JX (i5) laptop. But i noticed that laptop has a realtek sound card instead creative audigy hd.

So, ASUS G60JX has realtek or creative sound card? According to ASUS website, it should be a CREATIVE AUDIGY HD.

If someone could elucidate me....

Thank you.
27 REPLIES 27

Retired
Not applicable
the G60jx has a realtek codec not creative audigy hd codec(sound card), all of our G series has however creative's EAX 4.0 software package.

if it helps you make it clear, a creative audigy hd soundcard comprises of both hardware (the creative codec chip or the sound card) and software the EAX package that creative uses to make their soundcards take advantage of EAX title games.

G60 uses a realtek codec with the eax package. just a different high quality sound card with the same software package.

Hi Brian and thank you for your attention.

i have downloaded cretive audigy win7 software package from ASUS website (from ASUS G60JX section)... but when i try to install this package it throws me an error and it says that cannot find a creative sound card.

1) why ASUS put a driver package on his website which is not compatible with ASUS laptops?
2) where i can download EAX package that you told me?
3) EAX feature will not working if i have not installed EAX package?

Best regards,
Dan

Retired
Not applicable
Zanetti wrote:
Hi Brian and thank you for your attention.

i have downloaded cretive audigy win7 software package from ASUS website (from ASUS G60JX section)... but when i try to install this package it throws me an error and it says that cannot find a creative sound card.

1) why ASUS put a driver package on his website which is not compatible with ASUS laptops?
2) where i can download EAX package that you told me?
3) EAX feature will not working if i have not installed EAX package?

Best regards,
Dan

same questions in here need answer because when i install EAX package from Asus website it is not compatible with the card 😞

Retired
Not applicable
hey guys, first question is, did your system originally come with EAX pre installed? There could be several reasons to why it is not compatible. The EAX feature is a software package that we partnered up with creative on. it was only offered to the units that supported/bundled with EAX4.0 This means that the serial key is embedded in the codec and bios to confirm that EAX is pre bundled and supported on that notebook. otherwise anyone can just download the package and install it on their audio card for free. globally there many be some units that came with EAX and some that may not have. you should double check to see if your system originally came with EAX. If so, we have a different problem on our hands.

Retired
Not applicable
Same problem with me. i just got my refurbish G60jx.
i DONT CARE WHATS inside Creative or Realtek soundcard.
my concern is how to make the sound better.
my cellphone has better audio than this laptop.

yes, my system come with win 7 preinstalled and obviously wiht EAX package,right?
but i have installed my own win 7 professional... so, in this situattion, how can i install EAX package?

i mention that i have upgraded BIOS to the latest version. is this affecting somehow serial key for EAX package?

Retired
Not applicable
well you need to first check if your system even came with or supported EAX. like i said some models came with it, some models didnt. the EAX serial key is embedded in the bios and the codec on the hardware level, so if your g60 did not originally come with EAX, it will not support it.

now if it did come with it, and you updated your bios, i dont think it should affect it, because as long as the codec recognizes it, it should work.

Retired
Not applicable
whats the model number on your unit?

Retired
Not applicable
theres a big sticker that says EAX advanced HD on the laptop. that aside I Uninstalled the creative software to try to clear up some issues on steam. . It didnt help so I tried to reinstall no luck. I tried a system restore, still did not find any creative programs exept volume panel which will not load. lastly I went to the ASUS website and dwnloaded the drivers for my laptop but got an error message saying there is no supported hardware.it worked fine until I uninstalled it (obviously) but now I cannot reinstall. My laptop is an ASUS g60jx best buy model i5 gts360m.
also now certain games and dvds require much fiddleing with before I can get any sound, Thank you!