Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    James Cheek

ok update

reinstalleverything i could but no EAX or cmss. strange, do i need these. Sorry I dont mean to threadjack here.

James Cheek
    ok i guess there is a reason this site is a freakin ghost town. thanx

locorogue

yup

Quote Originally Posted by James Cheek View Post
    ok i guess there is a reason this site is a freakin ghost town. thanx
    I have the exact laptop as you, and was having the same issues...not anymore

-Try this...download the Realtek Audio Driver from the ASUS site...

*Bonus(to me), the missing Realtek Equalizer (now "non-supported"), follow these instructions: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...ndows-7-vista/

**worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by James Cheek View Post
    reinstalleverything i could but no EAX or cmss. strange, do i need these. Sorry I dont mean to threadjack here.
    I will request for this to be looked into by R&D, I will also try to recreate this issue if i can get my hands on a G60

I left ASUS, please contact cl-scott Array

Hopefully this will help a lot of you having the issue regarding "no supported hardware" error when trying to install the Creative package with EAX. A lot of people make the mistake of not installing the Realtek audio driver for the laptop after doing a clean install of Win7. Unlike WinXP, after you complete an install of Win7, you will automatically have the High Definition Auto default driver and you should be able to get basic sound. However, this does not mean that your Realtek audio drivers are installed. So, before installing the Creative Audigy drivers you want to make sure that you properly installed the Realtek Audio drivers.

Also, you should download the Realtek Audio drivers from our support site rather than getting them directly from Realtek.

Once the Realtek Audio drivers are installed, you should then be able to install the Creative Audigy drivers also from our support site and be able to use EAX.

http://support.asus.com/download

kyoshi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason@ASUS View Post
    Hopefully this will help a lot of you having the issue regarding "no supported hardware" error when trying to install the Creative package with EAX. A lot of people make the mistake of not installing the Realtek audio driver for the laptop after doing a clean install of Win7. Unlike WinXP, after you complete an install of Win7, you will automatically have the High Definition Auto default driver and you should be able to get basic sound. However, this does not mean that your Realtek audio drivers are installed. So, before installing the Creative Audigy drivers you want to make sure that you properly installed the Realtek Audio drivers.

Also, you should download the Realtek Audio drivers from our support site rather than getting them directly from Realtek.

Once the Realtek Audio drivers are installed, you should then be able to install the Creative Audigy drivers also from our support site and be able to use EAX.

http://support.asus.com/download
    it doesnt works

James Cheek
    Ok im abit confused here. I never uninstalled any Realtek stuff . i have the Realtek HD audio Manager. its the creative stuff thats gone and wont reinstall . namely the EAX 4.0 Advanced HD and the CMSS wont reinstall it says hardware not supported when i try. is the eax4.0 and cmss installed with the realtek drivers from asus's site ??

James Cheek
    Installed the latest Realtek drivers from the link. Did some searching and found out it is a problem on Asus laptops. When i pull up the Creative Audio Center there is a speaker icon and a mixer icon but no EAX or CMSS 3d sound Icon. Someone on another site installed creative X-FI and got the EAX and 3D sound back but it is $30 or a 30 day free trial. All I want is to reinstall the Cmss and EAX4.0 for gaming. thanks all

James Cheek
    uninstalled everything reinstalled everything from the asus site and i still get an error message saying that setup could not detect a supported product

Brian@ASUS
    james im looking at the download support site, you installed both realtek and the audigy driver? or one?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast