cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First single run 98k! Second run...

BarneyC
Level 8
Been trying to get a stable o/c for a few days now. After several aborted AIS3 attempts I followed some vids and cranked the synced cores to 100.0x46 and turned on XMP for my 2666MHz RAM.

I wasn't at all unhappy with a ROGBench of 98k but it looks like several others with 6600K + GTX970 combos pushed that a little more. So fans to max, give the Strix a wee push and I set off for a 3 run attempt.

Run 1 was about 96k, but runs 2 & 3 hit 23k+ and that is where I think I need to stop fiddling.

I see several others exceed this by a margin but honestly is it worth it (other than for kudos)? Also The CPU core voltage now sitting on auto hovers around 1.456V - whilst I know not if this is good or bad it does seem a fair bit higher than the 1.35V AIS3 was setting it to.

Thoughts on that?
2 REPLIES 2

Chino
Level 15
1.456V is ok for quick benchmark runs. I wouldn't use that for 24/7 usage though. Also take into consideration that some users tweak their system to get higher results. There should be a sticky in this forum for ROG Realbench tweaks and tips. 😉

Chino wrote:
1.456V is ok for quick benchmark runs. I wouldn't use that for 24/7 usage though.

Yeah I thought 1.456V was a bit steep but that was what AI Suite 3 was selecting. Is there any sort of guideline for where to (almost) detune the tuning to?