cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 vibration feeling while touching metal back

lukadjanelidze
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I've recently bought G751JY-WH71 (WX), and while charging i noticed that the metal back on laptop is kind of vibrating when i touch it. i use adapter for 3 pin plug (american one) to 2 pin (europian) plug. can this be a problem?

thanks in advance for any help.
34 REPLIES 34

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
lukadjanelidze wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've recently bought G751JY-WH71 (WX), and while charging i noticed that the metal back on laptop is kind of vibrating when i touch it. i use adapter for 3 pin plug (american one) to 2 pin (europian) plug. can this be a problem?

thanks in advance for any help.

This is the problem when the power plug are not grounded. Must use 3 pin plug for equipment safety in long-term purpose.
Use 3 pin plug please.

Dr4g0n36
Level 10
You could easily Exchange terminal cable with one EU with 3 pin. check also if you power strip (eventually if you have one) has 3 pin and not 2 or the problem is just a little more down.

Dr4g0n36 wrote:
You could easily Exchange terminal cable with one EU with 3 pin. check also if you power strip (eventually if you have one) has 3 pin and not 2 or the problem is just a little more down.

Sorry, but this one is Type L and it's used almost exclusively in Italy and Chile.
If the 2 pin plug is Type F (used anywhere in Europe and Russia) then it is a grounded one.

EttoreA wrote:
Sorry, but this one is Type L and it's used almost exclusively in Italy and Chile.
If the 2 pin plug is Type F (used anywhere in Europe and Russia) then it is a grounded one.

oh you mean schuko adapter (german type). this plug has 2 normal pin for electricity and 2 sided terminals that is ground cable. So is already 3 pin plug type.

Dr4g0n36 wrote:
oh you mean schuko adapter (german type). this plug has 2 normal pin for electricity and 2 sided terminals that is ground cable. So is already 3 pin plug type.

i live in georgia(not state) and we have these types of sockets and plugs here, and i wonder if there are some kind of adapter to also ground.

lukadjanelidze wrote:
i live in georgia(not state) and we have these types of sockets and plugs here, and i wonder if there are some kind of adapter to also ground.

According to your photo you don't have ground cable in the wall. The 2 ways are to replace wall plug or buy an UPS .

Dr4g0n36 wrote:
According to your photo you don't have ground cable in the wall. The 2 ways are to replace wall plug or buy an UPS .

thanks a lot for advice.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Flip the plug 180 in the socket, you have reversed polarity, hot where neutral should be and vice versa.

Three prongs on laptop power supplies is a relatively new thing. I still have a bunch laying around without it. Couldnt find a schematic with the ground but penciled it in, you can see where the buzz comes from, Top input shoud be hot and bottom neutral.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Flip the plug 180 in the socket, you have reversed polarity, hot where neutral should be and vice versa.

Three prongs on laptop power supplies is a relatively new thing. I still have a bunch laying around without it. Couldnt find a schematic with the ground but penciled it in, you can see where the buzz comes from, Top input shoud be hot and bottom neutral.

thanks you very much. besides that, can this buzzing cause any serious problem for laptop? i was running laptop for 3 days before i noticed this problem and nothing seems to happened except probably cpu temp hitting 86C max.