cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G752VT, will it support XG Station 2?

TheSwede86
Level 7
Hi!

Really considering the G752VT but I would really like to buy the XG Station 2 when it comes out.
As I understand Asus is currently evaluating whether to go with USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt 3.0 (using USB 3.1 Type-C) and the XG Station 2 would require (?) ports. I'm guessing it will either be 1x Thunderbolt 3 via USB Type-C for charging (since USB 3.0 can't provide that power output) and 1x USB 3.0 for bandwidth or 2x Thunderbolt 3 via USB Type-C?

The G752VT only has 1x USB 3.1 Type-C / Thunderbolt 3 so if they go with 2x USB 3.1 Type-C / Thunderbolt 3 I'm guessing this laptop won't be supported?

This is really something I would like to know before purchasing. Any ideas or official information?

Best Regards - TheSwede86
2 REPLIES 2

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
fyi.

Hopefully Bahz can provide more info, but you may also want to check this thread below about the G501JW and XG2 Station. Thanks.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82202-Will-XG2-external-GC-dock-work-on-G501vw-jw

BoutTime01
Level 7
Old thread I know but I'm interested in this dock to plug into my G752VT. Asus have just announced the dock uses the TB3 port plus the option of a USB 3.0 for extra performance. But so far the G752VT is not on the compatibility list.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk