cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use both headphones & speakers at the same time

Messerschmitt
Level 7
Hello, I have the Asus Z87A motherboard. I have been trying everything possible to get to use my headphones & speakers at the same time.

On my older motherboard, I went to the generic realtek software and there was an option to "disable front pannel detection". When that happened, sound would come through both headphones and headsets at the same time.

I want to do the same now. How can I do that?

There also seem to be no stereo mix option, which I used extensively to record whatever comes through the speakers.

I have installed the latest:
Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7023 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
1 REPLY 1

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Your system only outputs audio through one source (default source) so of course in your case it's your onboard audio but normally you can only output either through your speaker or headset and usually not both (unless you go into properties and enable listen to this device).

Anyways you probably just need to enable listen to this device for the stereo mix (recording tab). Make sure to right click and show disabled devices to show the stereo mix and inside the properties just enabled listen to this device and for the drop down for playback to through this device, choose the headset that's connected. Also make sure your onboard audio (speakers) are the default audio selected for both playback and recording.