cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G752- 2 weeks old, After pressing power button takes 15-20secs to display anythin

hacksign27
Level 7
Hi guys,

I've owned a G73, G74,G75,G750 and now I just bought a G752VY. I've owned the laptop for about 2 weeks now and I noticed that when I press the power button it takes about 15-20 seconds before it displays the bios logo and begins to boot up. The light on the power button lights up immediately.

I've never had this with any of the previous laptops.

Any suggestions? Is this something I should worry will develop into a more serious problem in the future?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

MrRuckus
Level 10
Anything in the CDROM/BR Drive? Anything else plugged into it. Sounds like a peripheral maybe trying to initialize and possibly boot on. Maybe go into the Bios and make sure secureboot is enabled and fastboot is enabled?
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

MrRuckus wrote:
Anything in the CDROM/BR Drive? Anything else plugged into it. Sounds like a peripheral maybe trying to initialize and possibly boot on. Maybe go into the Bios and make sure secureboot is enabled and fastboot is enabled?

Nothing plugged into it except the AC adapter, nothing in the BR Drive.

They are both enabled.

I was reading a post that someone else left and it seems to be a similar issue apparently being caused by the new BIOS update (208)

Im at work so I cant watch the youtube video to see if its the same thing but from the description I would imagine that it is.

Thanks for your help BTW!

When I confirm it is/isn't, I will let you know

hacksign27 wrote:
Nothing plugged into it except the AC adapter, nothing in the BR Drive.

They are both enabled.

I was reading a post that someone else left and it seems to be a similar issue apparently being caused by the new BIOS update (208)

Im at work so I cant watch the youtube video to see if its the same thing but from the description I would imagine that it is.

Thanks for your help BTW!

When I confirm it is/isn't, I will let you know

Same issues here, G752VY-CG192T. Whats your model?

JustinThyme
Level 13