cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog g20aj will not let me downgrade to windows 7 from 10

BootlessDynamic
Level 7
I keep getting the bios not fully acpi compliant after loading windows file I have tried everything turned on csm legacy mode disabled secure boot disabled fast boot etc nothing works if I can not downgrade this will be the last pc or laptop I ever buy from asus because this is not the first thing that was wrong with it the others were easy to fix but now I can not downgrade
8 REPLIES 8

dianebrat
Level 9
Are you also not going to buy it if you can't run Windows 98? or Windows 3.1?
Windows 7 is the past, and while from a corporate standpoint you may want to stick with an older OS you shouldn't expect a machine designed around Win 8.x to support you going back to Win7, or Vista, or XP..

dianebrat wrote:
Are you also not going to buy it if you can't run Windows 98? or Windows 3.1?
Windows 7 is the past, and while from a corporate standpoint you may want to stick with an older OS you shouldn't expect a machine designed around Win 8.x to support you going back to Win7, or Vista, or XP..

Windows 10 is ****ing **** so was windows 8

toronto699
Level 13
if u want the looks and feel of W7 but the speed of Windows 10 install Windows Classic Shell install that way u have the best of both
http://classicshell.net/

toronto699 wrote:
if u want the looks and feel of W7 but the speed of Windows 10 install Windows Classic Shell install that way u have the best of both
http://classicshell.net/

Classic shell does not turn windows 10 to windows 7 which windows 7 is the last great windows os

BootlessDynamic wrote:
Classic shell does not turn windows 10 to windows 7 which windows 7 is the last great windows os
Then I'd suggest buying a machine that supports it our building your own, asking Asus to support previous OS's on a new machine is just silly.
Also as far as Win 7 being "the last great OS" plenty of people said the same for 98, and then XP, Win8.x and Win10 are both perfectly sound OS's and 10 is as fast as 7 on most of the same hardware that ran 7 just fine.

Obviously there's no way you'll change your mind, but there are plenty of us doing just fine on actual current operating systems.

dianebrat wrote:
Then I'd suggest buying a machine that supports it our building your own, asking Asus to support previous OS's on a new machine is just silly.
Also as far as Win 7 being "the last great OS" plenty of people said the same for 98, and then XP, Win8.x and Win10 are both perfectly sound OS's and 10 is as fast as 7 on most of the same hardware that ran 7 just fine.

Obviously there's no way you'll change your mind, but there are plenty of us doing just fine on actual current operating systems.

So you like your ****ty tablet os then ok then... I guess I'll be switching to linux mint or arch linux and use windows 10 as a gaming
partition because I can not stand using windows 10 as my daily driver get a new machine **** no this pc costed me 650 dollars I expect to be able to load old os's but no windows 8 and windows 10 just had to **** it all right up with UEFI Bios

Amen brother. Windows 7 64-bit does run fine on modern hardware, but it is a chore to get all the drivers initially. Are you installing to a new partition? That is the way to go. You should be able to phone MS to get the Win 7 registered once installed (see link below). Just be sure to image the Win10 partition before you start just in case you ever want to go back (I used Acronis True Image 2016-Win10 image was not recognized so beware). Better yet, get a new hard drive altogether and leave the Win10 installation alone and remove it altogether when setting up Windows 7.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/seven-perfectly-legal-ways-to-get-windows-7-cheap-or-even-free/

rottnpup
Level 8
I believe Windows 7 sp1 x64 should be able to install on UEFI bios.