cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realbench 2.43 issues

Qwinn
Level 11
I figured this forum was more appropriate for the issues discussed in this thread:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83109-Problem-with-Realbench-leaderboards

The gist:

The current Realbench 2.43 is wildly different from previous versions. In older versions, I was never able to get a decent Image Editing score. Best I could ever get was approximately 119000 for Image Editing, taking about 95 seconds to run it. Now, I can break 200000 finishing it in 25 seconds. My total score has gone from the 111,000 to 162,000.

Unfortunately, the benchmark now also crashes (reboots) as soon as the score is produced, 2 out of 3 tries so far. This is with an overclock that has previously passed 10 hours of OCCT, and could run prior versions of the benchmark 10 times consecutively. I'm trying to figure out if there's a common factor to the crashes. I actually got a 166,000 on one try but the reboot made me lose it.

Oh, also, my current 162000 score (the only time I was able to run it that didn't cause a reboot, and therefore was able to upload) isn't showing up on the leaderboard unless I do "Show all scores" like snafup suggests. Apparently it considers my 111,000 score from the previous versions to be higher than my 162,000 under the new version (which is plausible if some sort of conversion is being made, given that the 111000 was with a 4.5Ghz OC and the 162,000 was with 4.4Ghz).
8 REPLIES 8

Qwinn
Level 11
Okay, so, I experimented some more. I ran 2.43 again and it caused a reboot several more times, once in the middle of the tests rather than at the very end.

So I ran 2.42 again. It passed the benchmark 5 consecutive times again.

Note that this was under an OC that has previously passed over 10 hours of OCCT, 10 consecutive 2.42 Realbench benchmarks, 450% coverage on 12 sessions of HCI Memtest, and 8 hours of Heaven Benchmark in 3D Vision on max 1440p settings. It's run countless hours of Witcher 3 and Tomb Raider 2013, again in 1440p 3D which should tax the system more than 4K.

But Realbench benchmark 2.43 causes crashes in minutes. It causes my UPS to scream in agony, btw, with repeated warnings that I have less than 5 minutes of runtime available.

So I went to stock settings, and ran it 3 individual times with no issues (or UPS warnings). In fact, looking at my UPS while it was running, it never went over 650 watts. I'm going to try it again with my OC and watch the power draw.

Anyway, the only thing I can figure at this point is that either 2.43 can suss out instability that virtually nothing else in the universe can, or under my OC it can actually draw so much power (more than 10 hours of OCCT) that it crushes my power supply.

Just damn.

Qwinn
Level 11
Ok, that's just bizarre. Reloaded my OC and ran 2.43 five times consecutively with no issues. No idea what the heck was going on, but I can't duplicate it now. Very strange. Sorry for posting about... well, whatever that was... but seems to be resolved. Somehow. ?.

Menthol
Level 14
lol Qwinn
I have not noticed it being any more stressful than any other version, only the scoring has changed, where do you place the RB folder once you unzip it?
You can also re-download RB maybe you have a slightly corrupted file or something, is there one specific place during the benchmark that this happens every time, do you run Windows power plan in performance mode, this may help crashing after run is completed
I typically place the RB folder in my user folder on the OS drive or just on C drive, create a desktop link, select properties and check run as administrator

Menthol
Level 14
lol Qwinn
I have not noticed it being any more stressful than any other version, only the scoring has changed, where do you place the RB folder once you unzip it?
You can also re-download RB maybe you have a slightly corrupted file or something, is there one specific place during the benchmark that this happens every time, do you run Windows power plan in performance mode, this may help crashing after run is completed
I typically place the RB folder in my user folder on the OS drive or just on C drive, create a desktop link, select properties and check run as administrator

Menthol wrote:
lol Qwinn

I can't get it to crash now, and I didn't reinstall it. So strange. I was playing with the Tweaker's Paradise settings last night (BCLK amplitude, PCIe amplitude to higher, and trying the 3 Gen Presets) but I'm 98% sure I set them back to auto at the end of the night. Either I'm just wrong, or some effect of those settings "stuck" even after I fixed the settings and it took going back to stock and then reapplying the OC to fix it. Guess I'll never know 😕

AkaNe0
Level 10
Maybe an option that you enable or disabled that made the thing crashed. If the issue cannot be replicated that mean everything is good now 😄
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Qwinn
Level 11
"Maybe an option that you enable or disabled that made the thing crashed."

I could've sworn I had reloaded my stable OC settings after playing around yesterday. The only explanation at this point is that I'm wrong about that (even though I was pretty certain I had, and when I loaded defaults to test the program at stock I looked at the list of changed settings and it all looked like what I expected). I was getting the failures on what I think was my stable OC, then I loaded stock default BIOS settings, ran fine, reloaded my stable OC, ran fine. Nothing else changed.

Ah well. You're right, all's fine now. Just weird.

Nodens
Level 16
When you are tinkering with BCLK you must know that sometimes instability can cause the board to have residual issues until it is fully discharged of power. This is why every guide mentions that you better not touch BCLK unless you know exactly what you're doing as it's an entirely different game (and far more difficult) compared to multiplier overclocking.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.