cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G73 RBBX05 Refurbished Covered Under the ASUS ADW? This is asus recertified

Retired
Not applicable
I am going to buy this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220821

In approx 2 days and was wondering if it was covered under the ADW? it is recertified so i am guessing it is? I am i rite?

Thanks In Advance i am new to these forums! Say hi to your next owner of a G73!
15 REPLIES 15

Retired
Not applicable
Hey man welcome. Im new here as well, and I actually got my recertified g73 from newegg. I was fortunate enough to basically have no real issues with mine. The laptop itself came with no damages, not even scratches and everything worked 100%. The only thing was a missing rubber feet but thats easily replaced. PLUS, Dragon Age was left in the optical drive so yea free game for me!

Anyway heres a tip. I wouldnt count on it being on stock on the 30th. I was waiting for it to be on stock on the 15th and it was randomly in stock on the 12th..and it lasted for 10 mins. I bought mine then. Ive been randomly checking that page out and i guarantee you they restock it randomly. Ive seen maybe 5-6 restocks in the past 10 days at the most random times and they last maybe 15mins on average. When i did check it out on the 15th (after buying mine on the 12th), i refreshed the page practically all day and not once was it in stock. Also that auto notify sucks..it notified me 10pm on the 15th lol

My advice is to just keep checking the page out and have your account info ready. Make a newegg account w/ your card info now so you dont waste precious time when it is actually in stock. Best of luck.

Retired
Not applicable
j00zl33t wrote:
Hey man welcome. Im new here as well, and I actually got my recertified g73 from newegg. I was fortunate enough to basically have no real issues with mine. The laptop itself came with no damages, not even scratches and everything worked 100%. The only thing was a missing rubber feet but thats easily replaced. PLUS, Dragon Age was left in the optical drive so yea free game for me!

Anyway heres a tip. I wouldnt count on it being on stock on the 30th. I was waiting for it to be on stock on the 15th and it was randomly in stock on the 12th..and it lasted for 10 mins. I bought mine then. Ive been randomly checking that page out and i guarantee you they restock it randomly. Ive seen maybe 5-6 restocks in the past 10 days at the most random times and they last maybe 15mins on average. When i did check it out on the 15th (after buying mine on the 12th), i refreshed the page practically all day and not once was it in stock. Also that auto notify sucks..it notified me 10pm on the 15th lol

My advice is to just keep checking the page out and have your account info ready. Make a newegg account w/ your card info now so you dont waste precious time when it is actually in stock. Best of luck.

Thanks man! Thats useful info and also did you try to signup for ADW? If not try! PLEASE? Ill tell you how if you dont know how. Yeah i have been waiting for a very long time for this maybe 20 days

Retired
Not applicable
j00zl33t wrote:
Hey man welcome. Im new here as well, and I actually got my recertified g73 from newegg. I was fortunate enough to basically have no real issues with mine. The laptop itself came with no damages, not even scratches and everything worked 100%. The only thing was a missing rubber feet but thats easily replaced. PLUS, Dragon Age was left in the optical drive so yea free game for me!.

Hi, would you please tell me where did you find the replace from the missing rubber??

Two of mine have come off. 😞

Retired
Not applicable
sure give me the instructions

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks Here's the link Type in your SN and your D of P

http://adw.asus.com/content/adp/default.aspx

Retired
Not applicable
wow... looks like the rubber feet are crap? XD

Retired
Not applicable
Nope sorry man not covered by ADW. 😞 SUcks for the both of us...but we are still covered by Neweggs warranty, but only for 90 days.

Anyway for the rubber feet I just went and got something similar to this from frys;
http://www.crazypc.com/products/laptop-lifts-5331.html

...and yes the stock rubber feet are crap. No real biggie though as the (powerful) fans are in the back of the laptop. I used my laptop strictly for gaming for about 2 weeks straight before i got the replacement rubber feet and i had no issues then. After 6-8 hours straight of playing (thanks BLops multiplayer..) the underside of the laptop remained relatively cool. Basically you dont have to worry about the heat build up underneath it. Just make sure the vent/fans arent blocked and you'll have no issues.

Retired
Not applicable
Also this is the link you bought from right?

Retired
Not applicable
Mark Dano wrote:
Also this is the link you bought from right?

yup. exact same link. I still have it saved on my bookmarks and i check it once in a while..dont know why really lol just a habit i guess. Im gonna write a review in about a week or two.

also the rubber feet i bought cost $4.50 on Frys. Maybe a cheaper material than the one in the link i posted but its great..but as i said its really unnecessary.