cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g752vt sound card crackling noise after return from standby

fixxi_net
Level 7
Note: the issue is not coming from the sub-woofer per se, rather from the sound card itself since the crackle can be heard via the headphones ( bypassing the notebook's sub-woofer )

Issue Description:
===========
I am often getting the sound card producing crackling noise after it has been resumed from standby. It happens daily. Not after every resume but after 2 -3 resumes it will start crackling.

When this occurs you can hear crackling noise coming from the subwoofer when low-tone music is playing, It is well audible and will crackle louder or quiter in accordance to what the volume setting is. The crackling noise will come out through either the speakers or a headphone if one is connected ...

I do have the registry entry implemented where the Subwoofer never goes into sleep in order to avoid its annoying constant on and off power saving again crackle-kind of noise. ( as discussed in related thread here )

Are other people experincing this ? Is disconneting the subwoofer all together an option as it is nearly useless anyway. ?
7 REPLIES 7

Kidfisto
Level 7
I get this sound when my laptop enters sleep mode, guess it is normal. Why does it happen? I dont know but it would have to do with lack of power/signal from the laptop which enters sleep mode.

fixxi_net
Level 7
has any one claimed this under warranty ? Or are other people experiencing this ?

Julskey
Level 10
I also have a G752VT, but I do not experience this. What soundchip do you have? Mine is Realtek with driver version 6.0.1.7599 dated 9-1-2015

Julskey wrote:
I also have a G752VT, but I do not experience this. What soundchip do you have? Mine is Realtek with driver version 6.0.1.7599 dated 9-1-2015

It is also realtek. Do you have the registry key implemented which removes the power-save crackle from the sub-woofer ?

fixxi.net wrote:
It is also realtek. Do you have the registry key implemented which removes the power-save crackle from the sub-woofer ?

Nothing implemented, and never updated sound drivers since I received my unit last December 2015.

nab
Level 11
Could be few reasons

1-Disable all the sound effect of Windows.
2-Try remove third party software that control your audio (application like Sonic Radar)
3-If you have Windows 10, this issue is a know one on Windows 10 with Realtek SoundCard or delete the audio driver from Realtek and use the one from the Windows 10 update.
4-Disable all enchancements audio
5-You can also disable the Sub

nab wrote:
Could be few reasons

1-Disable all the sound effect of Windows.
2-Try remove third party software that control your audio (application like Sonic Radar)
3-If you have Windows 10, this issue is a know one on Windows 10 with Realtek SoundCard or delete the audio driver from Realtek and use the one from the Windows 10 update.
4-Disable all enchancements audio
5-You can also disable the Sub

Thanks I will try these. How do you disable the sub ? plug off its cable ?