cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q code 00

jaggerwild
Level 7
Posting this here for people experiencing the "00" upon boot. DO NOT start an RMA, first try flashing the bios as on MOST high end Asus boards
a bios flash will bring the board back.....................:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI-zGV8SLho
Asus X79 DELUXE
3930K WATER
2X Intel 520 Raid o
2X GTX 780ti DCII OC WATER
16 GB G skill 2133
Corsiar AX1200
Acer 24" 1080
Swiftech MCP655 Vari
HWlabs 3/120
Asus DVD

BLIND BIOS FLASH LINK http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12749-RIVE-BIOS-FlashBack
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
I see you're trying to redeem yourself from posting in the thread I helped a member with, saying I have 9000+ posts and don't know what I'm talking about doesn't say a whole lot about your character as iamacows problem was a bad cpu. As you can probably tell with 9000 posts I spend a lot of time here on the forum and actually do some reading and I guarantee you I know more about these boards than you because of it.

I'm not here to start a war but I would like to point a few things out. When you post in someones thread to ridicule rather than post helpful/useful information, you won't gain any respect here.

Code 00 is not only caused by a bad cpu or motherboard but since iamacow posted detailed information about his problem and did some testing it was easy for me to see where the problem was, obviously you don't have a clue as much as you'd like to think.

It's not just one particular thing that can cause code 00 and can be tough to narrow down because the motherboard manual states code 00 is not used.

Code 00 can also be caused by:

1) a short somewhere
2) bent cpu socket pins
3) a faulty psu
4) dead cpu
5) a faulty motherboard
6) incompatible cpu
7) 8-pin cpu power cable not connected
😎 corrupted bios

There may be more things that cause code 00 but that's all I can think of off hand, if you have anything to add to the list besides a bios update that causes code 00 please feel free to add it.

The next time you come in someones thread how about posting some useful information instead of ridiculing someone that actually helps.

Have a great day 🙂

Nate152

Recently I saw a blue screen with a message that Windows was shutting down because of an unstable PS and then it went off. When I tried to restart there was no power. I replaced the PS with a new one and the power button turned on but it didn't post. I double checked all connections, I tried swapping the RAM out using 1 stick at a time, I removed the battery and dd the jumper thing. NADA the q code stayed on 00. I flashed the BIOS and the LED blinked 3 times and stayed green. I got a new BIOS chip and replaced it and tried the flash again. This time the LED blinked several times over about a minute then went out. q code still showed 00 and still wouldn't post. I'm thinking either the MB is shorted out OR the CPU is dead. I don't have another MB so I can't test the CPU. Currently on a A88X-PRO MB with an A10 5700 . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nate152 wrote:
I see you're trying to redeem yourself from posting in the thread I helped a member with, saying I have 9000+ posts and don't know what I'm talking about doesn't say a whole lot about your character as iamacows problem was a bad cpu. As you can probably tell with 9000 posts I spend a lot of time here on the forum and actually do some reading and I guarantee you I know more about these boards than you because of it.

I'm not here to start a war but I would like to point a few things out. When you post in someones thread to ridicule rather than post helpful/useful information, you won't gain any respect here.

Code 00 is not only caused by a bad cpu or motherboard but since iamacow posted detailed information about his problem and did some testing it was easy for me to see where the problem was, obviously you don't have a clue as much as you'd like to think.

It's not just one particular thing that can cause code 00 and can be tough to narrow down because the motherboard manual states code 00 is not used.

Code 00 can also be caused by:

1) a short somewhere
2) bent cpu socket pins
3) a faulty psu
4) dead cpu
5) a faulty motherboard
6) incompatible cpu
7) 8-pin cpu power cable not connected
😎 corrupted bios

There may be more things that cause code 00 but that's all I can think of off hand, if you have anything to add to the list besides a bios update that causes code 00 please feel free to add it.

The next time you come in someones thread how about posting some useful information instead of ridiculing someone that actually helps.

Have a great day 🙂

Nate152

Man you are are bitter