cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g751jt bios chipset tab unlock questions

warryabel
Level 7
i ve found a tutorial (dreamonics forum) about unlock chipsettab in bios.
hm,all seems to do but as the point where i must search for a hexstring in hexeditor i have issue to find that string. it seems that 010100010101 is not in the provided subfolder.
my question is has someone succesfully unlocked this tab and can give a how to on newest 211 on g751jt?
29 REPLIES 29

Dreamonic
Level 12
I believe you may have missed a detail in one of the steps somewhere since it works with BIOS 202 - 211 versions just fine.

Dreamonic wrote:
I believe you may have missed a detail in one of the steps somewhere since it works with BIOS 202 - 211 versions just fine.

@Dreamonic - the 211 of G751JT bios is APTIO IV not V right ?
if so... why you break your head with binary, AFAIK Aptio IV and V ( at least with asus bios's ) there is some CRC checkup - so manual HEX edit is dangerous.
1. Are you familiar with this linked tool ?
Also - i haven't yet to fully understand whether you need to so another operation after producing a modded bios though the mentioned tool.
during the time I wrote this post, i've just discovered that even if you got Aptio V there is a newer version of the tools i mentioned above.

2. what about flashing modded bios ? do you have to use AFO ?
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
@Dreamonic - the 211 of G751JT bios is APTIO IV not V right ?
if so... why you break your head with binary, AFAIK Aptio IV and V ( at least with asus bios's ) there is some CRC checkup - so manual HEX edit is dangerous.
1. Are you familiar with this linked tool ?
Also - i haven't yet to fully understand whether you need to so another operation after producing a modded bios though the mentioned tool.
during the time I wrote this post, i've just discovered that even if you got Aptio V there is a newer version of the tools i mentioned above.

2. what about flashing modded bios ? do you have to use AFO ?

The Chipset tab cannot be shown any other way other than through a hex edit, and its APTIO IV. Once the hex edit is done, then you can unlock the options via AMIBCP or through UEFITool > Setup.ffs if you want.

You can force it through EasyFlash or with AFUWIN64.

Dreamonic wrote:
The Chipset tab cannot be shown any other way other than through a hex edit, and its APTIO IV. Once the hex edit is done, then you can unlock the options via AMIBCP or through UEFITool > Setup.ffs if you want.

You can force it through EasyFlash or with AFUWIN64.

Big thanks ! 😮
1. Do you please mind upload the successfull modded BIOS based on 211 for the G751JT
( or a link to YOUR forum's specific thread with the file ? )

2 . From your experience, What parameters can be changed that can really improve our G751JT ?
( beside CPU & GPU overclocking ( which I know is close to your heart, and for that I know to go to your own excellent forum ) )
I mean... there are like 200 parameters in an fully unlocked bios by looking at AMIBCP.

3. not long ago i've seen a thread about thunderbolt, in which I told the ppl there that modded bios might solve their problems.
I wonder if you got external TB ssd and can test out these changes i've stated in that post.

4. lastly, it is important for me to know how to use "crashfree"-like feature.... I mean - how to restore to orig bios if something somewrong... what should I rename the BIOS file, and whether to put it on root of C drive or external USB ?
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
Big thanks ! 😮
1. Do you please mind upload the successfull modded BIOS based on 211 for the G751JT
( or a link to YOUR forum's specific thread with the file ? )

2 . From your experience, What parameters can be changed that can really improve our G751JT ?
( beside CPU & GPU overclocking ( which I know is close to your heart, and for that I know to go to your own excellent forum ) )
I mean... there are like 200 parameters in an fully unlocked bios by looking at AMIBCP.

3. not long ago i've seen a thread about thunderbolt, in which I told the ppl there that modded bios might solve their problems.
I wonder if you got external TB ssd and can test out these changes i've stated in that post.

4. lastly, it is important for me to know how to use "crashfree"-like feature.... I mean - how to restore to orig bios if something somewrong... what should I rename the BIOS file, and whether to put it on root of C drive or external USB ?

Hoping you've made a backup before flashing modified. Not that you can't just take one off the support page for your model on the ASUS site.

I've mostly used the BIOS EasyFlash recovery procedure by just using a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and using the .BIN extension of the same version of modified BIOS, but using the original of course. The filename is a hit and miss thing. I found it doesn't really matter other than for distinguishing it yourself. Like for example, with a G751JY model, you'd use G751JY.BIN - You can but it's not required.

There has been times with the USB ports aren't recognized so some people throw in another HDD/SSD and put their original ROM or another one there and that usually works. You'd know it was working too, even with a black screen because of the way the activity light is dimly blinking and at what point in the process the EasyFlash procedure is at. It'll shutdown itself and that's how you'll know. DO NOT force a restart if you are using this procedure with a black screen because you could be restarting when it's flashing. I usually give a 2min buffer time before doing so in case it didn't load into the right boot device.

With the system powered down, USB flash drive inserted with original BIOS in the .BIN extension and CTRL+HOME keys down. Then PRESS the power button and remain holding only the CTRL+HOME keys down until the EasyFlash recovery screen appears. After flashing is complete, it'll shutdown the system. First boot and you're back to working order again.

EDIT: I've also used this procedure to go from 211 to 202 and any version really for my model (upgrade and downgrade).

Dreamonic wrote:
Hoping you've made a backup before flashing modified. Not that you can't just take one off the support page for your model on the ASUS site.

I've mostly used the BIOS EasyFlash recovery procedure by just using a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and using the .BIN extension of the same version of modified BIOS, but using the original of course. The filename is a hit and miss thing. I found it doesn't really matter other than for distinguishing it yourself. Like for example, with a G751JY model, you'd use G751JY.BIN - You can but it's not required.

There has been times with the USB ports aren't recognized so some people throw in another HDD/SSD and put their original ROM or another one there and that usually works. You'd know it was working too, even with a black screen because of the way the activity light is dimly blinking and at what point in the process the EasyFlash procedure is at. It'll shutdown itself and that's how you'll know. DO NOT force a restart if you are using this procedure with a black screen because you could be restarting when it's flashing. I usually give a 2min buffer time before doing so in case it didn't load into the right boot device.

With the system powered down, USB flash drive inserted with original BIOS in the .BIN extension and CTRL+HOME keys down. Then PRESS the power button and remain holding only the CTRL+HOME keys down until the EasyFlash recovery screen appears. After flashing is complete, it'll shutdown the system. First boot and you're back to working order again.

Great tuto man! Really, Everything worked great on my g751JT..

Can't wait to more stuff like this on your forum!

Dreamonic
Level 12

warryabel
Level 7
the detail was what? cant it figure out! i came exact to the point where the hex is no found. can only see yuo run 202 in picture and you have g751jy.

warryabel wrote:
the detail was what? cant it figure out! i came exact to the point where the hex is no found. can only see yuo run 202 in picture and you have g751jy.

Does not matter, I can download the G751JT BIOS off ASUS support page and produce the same file and screenshot it for you.

Like I said, you are missing a detail in the steps I provided. Here's proof:

EDIT: Most likely, the step you are missing is in Step 4. of my GUIDE and I bet you anything it's the file you've extracted or it's the datatype you've selected in the hex editor for searching it. The datatype has to be in HEX values.