cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 bios advice about upgrading from 206 to 211 for Single SSD performance?

Devonkev
Level 7
Hi People . I've finally got a weekend off so I thought I'd do a bit of tinkering with my new toy:rolleyes:
I'm currently on bios 206 . So will I see any real world benefits from upgrading to 211?? Not likely to be going down the raid 0 route anytime soon but just wondered if in everyday use it improves the single SSD performance? :confused:
2 REPLIES 2

TheKnight
Level 7
It should have improvements , that's why they released it but I don't know specific ones. But what I do know is that I've heard tons of people saying that you should upgrade your BIOS, one version after another and not skip a single one ( get 207,then 208, 209 etc. ) . That's what I did and didn't have a single problem. So, I recommend you going down the safe path. P.S. I used WInFlash for this task.

JustinThyme
Level 13
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83061-G752VY-BIOS-211-released-with-AHCI-and-RAID-0&p=5741...

Already been covered. No improvements noted in actual speed. The only thing you gain is the ability disable the raid controller so Samsung software can see the drives. This adds no performance improvements noted by this users benchmarks and he gives a nice step by step how to make the changes. Its a bit confusing the way the BIOS is laid out and worded. You choose AHCI or RAID but it should be labeled RAID on/off.

Its been shown time and again that Samsung drivers add no benefit and that the only thing you gain is the ability to update firmware on the 2.5" SSDs.

So unless you are going the RAID 0 route that offers some improvement in speeds you wont notice any others. If you look a few posts later in the same thread you will see the benchmarks on 512GB single 950 pro that is actually better than the above post running BIOS 208 and Native windows drivers and shows the improvement with RAID 0 that is mostly in write speeds.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83061-G752VY-BIOS-211-released-with-AHCI-and-RAID-0&p=5742...

It would be nice for you to pick your poison and post up your results in the same thread please to keep it in one place.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein