cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound out of sync on MAXIMUS VIII RANGER

Orici
Level 7
I have just recently build a system and notices that the sound is slightly out of sync with videos and cut scenes in-game.

I have installed all drivers and flashed BIOS to 1402 (newest).

What can i do to fix this? Maybe a new soundcard can fix this?

I have:
Asus Maximus VIII Ranger
Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti Strix Gaming DirectCU III OC HDMI 3xDP 6GB
Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
Intel Core i7 6700K 4,0GHz Socket 1151
Samsung 950 Pro Series MZ-V5P512BW 512GB (M.2 NVme)
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 PC21300/2666MHz CL16 2x8GB
97 REPLIES 97

Chino wrote:
Have you tried in different games?

No but i will and report back. Thanks for the reply.

Chino wrote:
Have you tried in different games?

Looks like the newest driver version for nvidia graphics cards cause this. i used latencymon and after installing the previous driver the DPC dropped around 10 fold.

While its good for now, i want to be able to install new drivers...

Nate152
Hello Orici

I do a custom/advanced install of the NVidia driver and uncheck everything except the graphics driver and the PhysX driver, then check the box that says perform a clean installation. I don't care for Geforce experience I like to set the game settings myself.

Chino wrote:
Try using the Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.7.4.1

Nate152 wrote:
Hello Orici

I do a custom/advanced install of the NVidia driver and uncheck everything except the graphics driver and the PhysX driver, then check the box that says perform a clean installation. I don't care for Geforce experience I like to set the game settings myself.

I do that too but i install geforce experience.

Atm i can get DPC routine execution time as high as 700 us, whitch is lower than before but still high.

Highest DPC count is: rspLLL64.sys, nvddmkm.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, afd.sys, dxkrnl.sys, Wdf01000.sys.

However they have execution time below 0,1 ms. So maybe its okey?

Orici
Level 7

Orici
Level 7
link to galler with full pics: http://imgur.com/a/lKqSW

Nate152
It looks good except for the high hard page fault count, I don't know if it's normal to be that high but here is an interesting article I found on using latencymon. It talks about hard page faults and how to avoid them.

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon_using