cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen bleed problem, multiple exchanges... whats normal?

Impfac
Level 7
I bought a ASUS ROG G751JY-WH71(WX) for my wife to replace her G74sx, but the screen bleed was horrendous; exchanged it and got a second one which is significantly worse. It has a huge bright spot in the upper middle of the screen. It makes anything dark very hard to see. So should I keep exchanging and hope someday one doesn't look crappy? Tried playing with brightness and such but that IPS monitor just looks like garbage with anything dark.

Here is a picture of the better of the two, which (bonus!) had an F10 key that broke in days.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/31226544@N03/24713604859/in/dateposted/

Exchange for number 3?
9 REPLIES 9

DeltaActual
Level 12
I'm afraid that's normal for an IPS screen. Same here.
G614JV

pigulici
Level 8
Same here, not sure how normal it is...

JustinThyme
Level 13
None here, guess that make me Abby normal.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Julskey
Level 10
No bleeding if I look at the screen dead center, but if I look from different angles, the upper corners are a bit violet, and bottom corners looks bluish. At center is almost dead black.

Julskey wrote:
No bleeding if I look at the screen dead center, but if I look from different angles, the upper corners are a bit violet, and bottom corners looks bluish. At center is almost dead black.

Well.... that's what i meant.
G614JV

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
same here. once you see it, it will never goes away. Which is very very annoying.

Quality controls, where are you? 😕

JustinThyme
Level 13
My question is how many of you actually see this without doing a blank screen saver and standing on your heads at a 62.6 degree angle while clicking your heels 3 times and chanting show me the blood? I just looked at 3 laptops I have last night and on one of them in pitch black with brightness at 100% at a 67.836 degree viewing angle and squinting my eyes to a precise aperture of 2.8 I could see just a little violet CC 663399 in the bottom right corner without having to stand on my head and click my heels and chant. Never noticed it before and will never notice it again.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
IPS screen very commonly have this problem. As you can see below.

Below are Illegear Custom Notebook with I7 4790K and GTX980M 8GB
http://www.illegear.com/

JustinThyme
Level 13
What I'm seeing is a lot of folks pushing scenarios they will not see during normal use. Honestly who sits around staring at a black screen at max brightness all day from obtuse angles? I see some here and there that have legitimate gripes but those are few and far between.