cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is why I hate windows 10 and why I hate the g20aj

BootlessDynamic
Level 7
So when I start up my pc for the first time in the day all those ****ing process'es from windows ****ing makes my disk run at 100% for 20 to 25 minutes another thing I saw to day was windows defender when I started up was writing 20mb per second to my desk and I have noticed this before. Someone them are needed by wtf does microsoft needed but not all are needed. I should be able to uninstall windows defender because it is the most useless **** program ever then there is the fact that windows 10 is made for a tablet but all this leads back to the rog g20aj for not letting me downgrade to the last great windows windows 7 and that is why I hate windows 10 and the rog g20aj
21 REPLIES 21

Chino
Level 15

Of course I would be on the latest version this again is another point I hate about windows 10 it ****ing updates without your permission which I hate

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Seems you are not able to make a post without forcing the swear filter to work overtime. Future posts requiring the need for the filter will be removed.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Seems you are not able to make a post without forcing the swear filter to work overtime. Future posts requiring the need for the filter will be removed.

Hello Praz,
Kudos on Ambassador-like fashion

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
BootlessDynamic wrote:
So when I start up my pc for the first time in the day all those ****ing process'es from windows ****ing makes my disk run at 100% for 20 to 25 minutes another thing I saw to day was windows defender when I started up was writing 20mb per second to my desk and I have noticed this before. Someone them are needed by wtf does microsoft needed but not all are needed. I should be able to uninstall windows defender because it is the most useless **** program ever then there is the fact that windows 10 is made for a tablet but all this leads back to the rog g20aj for not letting me downgrade to the last great windows windows 7 and that is why I hate windows 10 and the rog g20aj

If your disk is working that hard for that long, then there are a few things you ought to make sure are being done.

1. Make sure you are running Disk Cleanup Wizard and Drive Optimization periodically. I'm neurotic about it, so I run that stuff weekly (my system volume is on a RAID array of spinning platter drives).

2. The NTFS file system really does require you have at least 30% of your system drive free for file redistribution and optimization.

3. Open your Task Manager, and in the Start-Up tab, DISABLE any program start options you don't want. Play with this, and find an setup you like.

About Windows Update, what version are you running? There are ways to adjust many of the settings in Windows 8, 8.1, and 10, without fighting with the GUI.

Get back with some information, calm down, and work on a solution.

Z

EDIT: Unless you plan to use another anti-virus, and there's not really a reason to do so, you can easily disable Windows Defender. I say it's not necessary, because I have used nothing more than Windows Defender (and, before that, MS Security Essential) since the turn of the century.

I do use other anti virus still doesn't make windows 10 good its 8 all over again

What ever the latest version is I am most likely running it because you can not postpone updates in windows 10 it just updates without your permission

BootlessDynamic wrote:
What ever the latest version is I am most likely running it because you can not postpone updates in windows 10 it just updates without your permission

Perhaps I wasn't specific enough. Are you running Win10 Home, Professional, or Enterprise?

Please press and hold the Windows logo key, and then press "R" while holding the Windows logo key. You will be presented the "Run" command window. Type "winver", and report back here the "Version" and "Build" information that is given in the pop-up window.

Also, please read my earlier post again, and edit the start up options to eliminate programs you don't need to start.

Report back here with your updates.

Z

EDIT: Your problems are very solvable, but you have to work with me.

BootlessDynamic
Level 7
Microsoft Windows
Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.104)
Home copy everything is disable expect the windows process's and the asus stuff