cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX Touchpad buttons don't work!! Need help with Drivers

BuLaXa
Level 7
Hi everyone.

I've been having this problem since I updated the drivers on my laptop. My touchpad buttons don't work, no matter what drivers I try to install. Everything else worked, and I had resigned to the fact that this was never going to work (mostly because I usually use a mouse and when I'm not I can tap the pad with one finger for LMB or tap with two fingers for RMB), but recently I tried to fix this problem by looking for updated drivers.

Big mistake. After trying to fix it, the FN+F9 problem came back and it took me a day of trying to find a driver that would solve this. Now I finally found one, since I moved to another country and don't have the original drivers CD with me; but it's a different (older?) driver and I now have different animations when using different FN buttons. Example:
when using the volume up and down I get this: http://i.imgur.com/VxCYPYV.jpg
When using the disable touchpad I get this: http://i.imgur.com/xxgHdKj.jpg

Which as you can imagine is very annoying. It doesn't help that the Asus website drivers pages seems to be either down for maintenance or not working at all so I can't get any drivers from there.

Anyway, I still couldn't find any drivers that made my touchpad buttons work, and I'm beginning to think that this could be a hardware issue.
Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm using windows 10, 64bits
I'm have a Smart Gesture touchpad, not Elan.

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi... You're my only hope.
Asus G75VX-T4022P
Processor: Intel i7 3630QM
Memory: 32GB (4*8GB 1600Mhz)
Storage: 256GB SSD + 750GB 7200rpm
Screen: Matte 17.3" LED FHD / NG
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX670MX, GDDR5 3Gb
Wireless: 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0
2 REPLIES 2

Miliano
Level 9
your TP buttons should definately be working, regardless if the ATK driver and/or TP drivers are installed or not, as windows (especially win 10) will install its own driver for this, so this maybe be a hardware issue.

And the images you provided in regards to volume and TP disable are from the older style ATK driver package (Win 7-8.1).
By rights, you should be able to download and install a newer version of the ATK package, even if its from a newer ASUS ROG gaming laptop that was released with WIN 10,
example

I am using the ATK driver (Version 1.0.0039) from G750JM found here
on my G74sx (which is older than yours) with Win 10 pro. all is working fine.

Head to "Programs and Features" (WinKey + x) then F key will open it,
Uninstall the Current ATK package first, then reboot.
Once rebooted, install new downloaded package and reboot again.

You should be able to do the same with ASUS Smart Gesture TP drivers too if the newer laptops use that TP, but from what im seeing, on asus, your laptop uses Synaptics TP, so you should try Synaptics drivers.

To check which TP is used,
1.Open Device Manager (WinKey + X) then M key
2. expand "Mice and other Pointing Devices"
right click on ps/2 port conpatible TP (if your using an external mouse you might have 2 options) and choose properties/details
in the drop down menu, you will see "Device instance path" and "hardware ID's" and "Compatible ID's".

if you see "SYN" in any of those, you are using a Synaptics TP.
Alternatively you can copy the value from "Device Instance Path" and search the NET to see what if comes back for that ID.

Unfortunately ASUS has dropped Synaptics TP from their G series line so no more updates to the drivers, latest from ASUS for G75vw is v16.XXX.
so the best/latest Synaptic driver i could get working on my sys is version 17.0.18.0, they have v19+ now, but Synaptics have been really slack with their drivers, not signing them properly etc.

IF you do have the Synaptics TP, and cant find the 17.0.18 driver on the NET (not on ASUS, or Synaptics Websites unfortunately) PM me and i will upload to Google Drive for you.
and it was hard to find, just keep digging.

Hope this helps.

See how you go.

Miliano
Level 9
BuLaXa wrote:
Hi everyone.
I've been having this problem since I updated the drivers on my laptop.

Ps i would also look at reinstalling the audio driver.