cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Hero: Instv2 has stopped working

alpha_99
Level 7
Hi guys,

Do you have any advice about how to run the driver DVD?
I always have the following crash report on Windows 10 (Eng 64-bit):

Unfortunately the local ASUS support is clueless. The DVD was created July 2015.
Thanks,

alpha
17 REPLIES 17

brkkab123
Level 7
Don't use the driver's from the Asus dvd. They're old. Get them from this link instead: http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/ The link is for Windows 10 x64. Also download the newer Asus software from the same link.

brkkab123 wrote:
Don't use the driver's from the Asus dvd. They're old. Get them from this link instead: http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/ The link is for Windows 10 x64. Also download the newer Asus software from the same link.

I know there are driver updates on ASUS site. I just wanted to see the original software menu on the DVD and what kind of utilities and drivers they offer. This is also part of the product and actually it is not working.

So any workaround?

brkkab123
Level 7
The only software to use from the disk would be the SonicStudio/SonicRadar stuff and Kaspersky Antivirus (free year w/mobo purchase). The rest and all other drivers get from the link I gave you.
Also, Windows 10 has no dvd playback codecs. Download the free VLC Player for that.

brkkab123
Level 7
I have the same mobo. Mine will be done in April, 2 more part's to get. PSU next month and case in April. On permanent disability, so can't afford over $250.00 a month in part's.

brkkab123
Level 7
I forgot about this in my previous post. If you have the original Maximus VIII Hero mobo, like I do, it doesn't support the newer NVME M.2 ssd's. If you want to use one of the newer NVME M.2 ssd's you'll need to contact Asus support for a adaptor.
Also, if you put a PCIE based ssd in, you need to put it in PCIe x16 slot 3 (bottom one) and set it in the uefi to PCIe x4 speed for that slot or it won't work.

Menthol
Level 14
I don't know why this is happening, is this a retail version of Win 10? If you can download and install motherboard drivers, it may then read the disk
There is absolutely no reason not to install drivers off the included disk, yes there may be updated drivers available but the driver disk does a great job of installing drivers and they can be updated later
All Hero 8 boards released do support nvme M.2 drives without any issues that is a false statement, I say this from personnel experiance

Menthol wrote:
I don't know why this is happening, is this a retail version of Win 10? If you can download and install motherboard drivers, it may then read the disk
There is absolutely no reason not to install drivers off the included disk, yes there may be updated drivers available but the driver disk does a great job of installing drivers and they can be updated later
All Hero 8 boards released do support nvme M.2 drives without any issues that is a false statement, I say this from personnel experiance

This is a legal version. It must be a compatibility issue with Windows 10, with my anti-virus software or it is a missing component.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Try copying the entire DVD into a folder on your desktop and running it from there.

Same result. It must be a software problem in the installer. I tried to execute as Administrator and in Windows 8 compatibility mode. None of them helped.