cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with keybot

Bullz2
Level 7
I would like some help with the keybot feature on my maximus VIII Hero, especially the part about booting up the pc using the keyboard...

The info available is very limited, I could only find out that DEL boots directly into bios, that F11 boots and automatically overclocks the computer, and that F12 boots using XMP memory profile...

What I want is just boot the computer normally, just like if I were to push the power button. I have already overclocked the CPU and activated XMP in the bios.

Any way I can do that?

My PC is hooked up to my living room TV but the pc itself is in another room, and I would like to be able to boot the computer without having to go into that other room... Pure lazyness, but hey...

So anyway I can do that without modifying the overclock and XMP setups already in place??
10 REPLIES 10

js2015
Level 7
Hi , try press "Enter" key over 2 secs.

Chino
Level 15
What is the model of your keyboard? And have you connected it to the dedicated keybot port? Also make sure you enable the keybot feature.

Chino wrote:
What is the model of your keyboard? And have you connected it to the dedicated keybot port? Also make sure you enable the keybot feature.

Its a logitech k800

Which port is the keybot port??

In the bios there are 2 options, S4+S5 or just S5, whats is the difference?

Bullz2 wrote:
Its a logitech k800

Which port is the keybot port??

In the bios there are 2 options, S4+S5 or just S5, whats is the difference?

Chino wrote:

Hmm, I'm plugged in the right port but it doesnt work.

Install the KeyBot II software, open KeyBot II and turn the software on.

gosko wrote:
Install the KeyBot II software, open KeyBot II and turn the software on.

It qas my understanding that the software was for added functionality and customization in windows, but that it was not required for the bios functions (F11, F12, DEL, Enter, and CLR)

Bullz2 wrote:
It was my understanding that the software was for added functionality and customization in windows, but that it was not required for the bios functions (F11, F12, DEL, Enter, and CLR)
Enabling Erp S5 or S4+S5 in the MH8 bios menu does not function with KeyBot on my MH8 board with a wired Logitech K300 keyboard, the only way to make it work is by installing the KeyBot software and I also leave the S5 and S4+S5 disabled by optimized MH8 default. I even tried a fresh install of windows 10 and it does not work without the KeyBot software installed.

GotKevlar
Level 7
enable the keybot feature? i have the app installed. the icon in upper right is "on". keyboard is plugged into usb keybot port on mobo. Bios is set to ErP S5 only. i turn machine off completely, but doesnt boot when i hold in enter key. What did i forget?