cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT-CH71 Nvidia Driver Crash Issues, 0x1000007e error

kelso1108
Level 7
Hello,

I own a G751JT-CH71 and I've been using Nvidia Driver 353.84 ever since I migrated to Windows 10 last year. I migrated in July, but I had to download and install the driver provided by ASUS on their website because the version of the driver that Windows 10 installed automatically was acting strange and was producing some visual issues (some random horizontal lines appear on the screen). Ever since I reinstalled the driver, the visual issues have not been occurring, but from time to time, the driver crashes, resulting in a BSOD. The crash almost always has the bug check code 0x1000007e, with the bug check string "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". The crash is always triggered by nvlddmkm.sys.

The crashing does not happen all that often, but it does happen and it's been annoying me, so I decided I'd jump and do a clean install of the new Game Ready Driver (361.91) being suggested by GeForce Experience. Less than a day after I installed the driver, I encountered a BSOD triggered by ntoskrnl.exe: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" (0x0000009f). It also made waking my computer up from sleep problematic (I'd had to do a couple of hard resets).

I decided to go back to my old driver (uninstalled 361.91, did a clean install of 353.84). It fixed the waking up problems for the most part, but sure enough, the 0x1000007e error is back. Again, it doesn't happen all the time, but the fact that it happens at all just bothers me. I've tried the fix suggested by http://bit.ly/1QFNfIa but it didn't work.

I'm also having problems with sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth. This forum I read (http://bit.ly/1QFNwKX) suggested it could have something to do with an Nvidia driver, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt for now.

Is anyone else having this issue? Also, does anyone know how to fix this?

P.S. I used BlueScreenView to see info about my minidump files. If you need more information, please let me know.
1 REPLY 1

patrickkelley33
Level 7
install Nvidia driver 361.91,
im running this driver and so far rock solid,
operating System: Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
DirectX version: 12.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 970M
Driver version: 361.91
Direct3D API version: 12
Direct3D feature level: 12_1
CUDA Cores: 1280
Core clock: 924 MHz
Memory data rate: 5010 MHz
Memory interface: 192-bit
Memory bandwidth: 120.24 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 19430 MB
Dedicated video memory: 3072 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 16358 MB
Video BIOS version: 84.04.2B.00.16
IRQ: Not used
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen3

I am running 32 gb ram, my system runs most games in ultra or high with no problems and high frame rates
hope that helps