cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Information on KeyBot II Software for Maximus VIII Series Motherboards

Bahz
Level 12
We wanted to take the time to share some additional information regarding KeyBot II. For those unfamiliar with our KeyBot II software, it’s a software that works in combination with the built-in custom IC chip on our Maximus VIII series motherboards. KeyBot II allows a user to be able to perform macro and other multimedia functions through their standard keyboard. The non-standard keyboards like certain gaming keyboards which have their own firmware, software, and macro functions will likely not work with KeyBot II.

Below is a summary of important points we want to share with everyone:

• The KeyBot button no longer exists on the motherboards, you have to enable or disable the KeyBot II functionality through the KeyBot II software.
  • For S5 mode, you need to press and hold down the corresponding key for 2 seconds to activate it.

F11: OC
F12: XMP
Del: Directly enter into BIOS
C+L+R: Clear CMOS (new feature on KeyBot II)
Enter: Power on (new feature on KeyBot II)

• When KeyBot II is turned off, you can wake up your PC by pushing any key on your keyboard for S4 power state. When KeyBot II is turned on, you can only wake your PC through pressing the S5 hotkeys.
  • The and key on the numpad will not work under S5 mode.
11 REPLIES 11

Nate152
Hey thanks for this Bahz,

I never used keybot and I have a question about pressing Enter to power on, will this work from a cold boot?

Bahz
Level 12
Hey Nate,

It should work for S5 power state but I'll confirm this with our KeyBot software team

Bahz wrote:

It should work for S5 power state but I'll confirm this with our KeyBot software team

Were you able to confirm if pressing enter for 2 seconds would work to power on from a cold boot?

I'm unable to get this to work.

Yeah boot from s5 state is not working at all

gosko
Level 7
This function does not work with S5 or S4+S5 power states enabled, the only way I got it to work was by installing the KeyBot software in windows.

My USB stick and mouse not working on keyboot usb port, is it normally?

skybone
Level 7
Can someone on the ROG / ASUS team look into mechanical keyboards not being detected on boot with the Maximus VIII hero board?
I've had to unplug and plug my keyboard back in on boot since last year...

I don't want my machine lit up when powered off so ya. s4 + s5

skybone wrote:
Can someone on the ROG / ASUS team look into mechanical keyboards not being detected on boot with the Maximus VIII hero board?
I've had to unplug and plug my keyboard back in on boot since last year...

I don't want my machine lit up when powered off so ya. s4 + s5

I think you're posting in the wrong topic as this question doesn't seem to be related to this topic. Did you already test all the USB ports? Which keyboard are you using as it's probably most likely just this keyboard and not other keyboards as we had the M8H in our studio with a mechanical keyboard (Strix Tactic Pro) connected and it was working fine and didn't have the issue you mentioned about.

Please ask the software team to debug this issue.

Fresh install Windows 10 64bit
Razer DeathAdder Chroma Wired Mouse w/Razer Synapse Software v2.20.
Latest KeyBotII V1.01.02 installed as per ASUS website but in off state.

Issue:
Switch ON KeyBotII and mouse now only lives on edge of screen.
Only solution is to uninstall the software.

Additional detail:
The default ON state of this software on ASUS DVD supplied with the Motherboard means after install you can no longer use the mouse.