Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Don't think it is the fact that it is IPS that leads itself to bleed but more that it is a cutting edge panel that AUO seem to have cut some corners on. A lot of times I see people conflate IPS glow with BLB while they are two completely different things.

Given jp0209s experience I would look to holding on to what you get for a couple of weeks and see if it improves and then return it if there is no change. too bad about his uniformity though.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Janne-71 PC Specs
    Janne-71 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog maximus hero viii
    ProcessorIntel skylake i5 6600k @ 4.6ghz
    Memory (part number)g.skill tridentz 2x8gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 980ti gaming g1
    MonitorAsus pg279q 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung evo 850 ssd 500gb
    Storage #2Western digital 1tb hdd
    CPU CoolerCooler master hyper 212 evo
    CasePhanteks enthoo evolv atx
    Power SupplySeasonic 760-p
    Keyboard Corsair k95 mechanical
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Akg k550
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z623 200w
    OS Windows 10 home

Quote Originally Posted by Kylis View Post
    Don't think it is the fact that it is IPS that leads itself to bleed but more that it is a cutting edge panel that AUO seem to have cut some corners on. A lot of times I see people conflate IPS glow with BLB while they are two completely different things.

Given jp0209s experience I would look to holding on to what you get for a couple of weeks and see if it improves and then return it if there is no change. too bad about his uniformity though.
    And how can you tell ips glow from backlight bleed then?

ROG Enthusiast Array

IPS glow would be the general lightness on the blacks, its the light blue you see in some of the pictures, the yellow around the edges is BLB thats from the backlight leaking around the edges. All panels can have BLB, IPS glow is unique to IPS and IPS type panels.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Janne-71 PC Specs
    Janne-71 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog maximus hero viii
    ProcessorIntel skylake i5 6600k @ 4.6ghz
    Memory (part number)g.skill tridentz 2x8gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 980ti gaming g1
    MonitorAsus pg279q 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung evo 850 ssd 500gb
    Storage #2Western digital 1tb hdd
    CPU CoolerCooler master hyper 212 evo
    CasePhanteks enthoo evolv atx
    Power SupplySeasonic 760-p
    Keyboard Corsair k95 mechanical
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Akg k550
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z623 200w
    OS Windows 10 home

I found this from internet:

"To make it easier to tell the differences between those 2:
    Backlightbleed is independent from viewing angle and distance.
    IPS glow is dependent from viewing angle and distance.
    "

I only see those lighter areas looking directly to monitor, if i look at them from angle they disappear. Does it mean it is ips glow instead of blb because it is dependent of angle?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z97 Wifi-Pro
    ProcessorI7-4790k
    Memory (part number)32GB G-Skills
    Graphics Card #1MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1Samsumg 951 Pro m.2 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    Power Supply1600W 80 Platinum
    OS Win10

Legolas- theTN panel sales rep extraordinaire! and also My opinion on this matter

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Hi Shine,
    You can get PG278Q and get 1ms refresh rate and 2560x1440 resolution. It does not have IPS, so minimum backlight bleed.
    I feel like every post I have seen you make is telling someone to buy the PG278Q...its completely different technology. In my opinion if you are buying a 2k or 4k resolution monitor TN panels are not the way to go at this time. with the ASUS and ACER failure of shipping out this AU optronics panel, there will be someone (dell, or other) that is going to make sure they get a good panel and it will be the same price as these are but they work. What I have done is return all four of my bad Asus PG279Q's and 1 of the Acer equivalent, and bought a $250 1080p Asus 144hz TN panel monitor while I wait for the "not broken" version of the IPS 144hz(165z) panels. The difference you will see with the resolution increase will only bring down your frame rates while you wish you could have an IPS panel that was good. so just save yourself the extra $$$ and buy a short term solution that will satisfy you until the new IPS panels are out.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Crashcourse316 View Post
    I feel like every post I have seen you make is telling someone to buy the PG278Q...its completely different technology. In my opinion if you are buying a 2k or 4k resolution monitor TN panels are not the way to go at this time. with the ASUS and ACER failure of shipping out this AU optronics panel, there will be someone (dell, or other) that is going to make sure they get a good panel and it will be the same price as these are but they work. What I have done is return all four of my bad Asus PG279Q's and 1 of the Acer equivalent, and bought a $250 1080p Asus 144hz TN panel monitor while I wait for the "not broken" version of the IPS 144hz(165z) panels. The difference you will see with the resolution increase will only bring down your frame rates while you wish you could have an IPS panel that was good. so just save yourself the extra $$$ and buy a short term solution that will satisfy you until the new IPS panels are out.
    The EIZO Foris is shipping with AU optronics panels as well, also 144hz... These monitors are not plagued by these issues.
    I'm almost convinced that the issues are related to the design of the casing/frame of the PG279Q. Asus is using a special version of the panel to enable this super slim bezel.
    Last edited by JronMasteR; 03-18-2016 at 03:32 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3