Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RealBench Hwbot Edition - Insights and Discussion

AkaNe0
Level 10
45 REPLIES 45

AkaNe0
Level 10
We've been working with Nodens and Hwbot to create an additional edition of RealBench called "RealBench Hwbot Edition".

The new features are:

• Login with Hwbot.org account
  • RealBench leaderboard on Hwbot.org
  • See current competitions running on Hwbot.org

To have more info regarding the benchmark, have a look at the Guide and Insights article.

This version is in Beta and we will have a Beta competition running from March 4th to April 11th.

If you have any bugs to report or suggestions, don't hesitate to share it here.

Have Fun!
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Could I make a suggestion. When you select the stress test or the benchmark the selected option is dark and the other highlighted in red...which seems counter intuitive...at least to me....would think this was better the other way round?

Noted for next version improvement, it make sense!
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Nate152
Hello Akane@Asus

I just installed Realbench Hwbot Edition and when I try to run it I get this message.

Edit: After clicking more info and run anyway I didn't get the message again. Realbench is telling me I need to enable HTEP to upload my score and asks me to log in with my user name and password. I enabled HTEP and it won't let me upload my score. Is this because it's in beta and the competition hasn't started yet and do I have to make a separate account for HWBOT?

mirzet1976
Level 7
By me this version crashes, when it finished all benches and I click with mouse on Upload it crashes.
And this "normal" version V2 2.43 works perfect. http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=11979
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nate152 wrote:
Hello Akane@Asus

I just installed Realbench Hwbot Edition and when I try to run it I get this message.

Edit: After clicking more info and run anyway I didn't get the message again. Realbench is telling me I need to enable HTEP to upload my score and asks me to log in with my user name and password. I enabled HTEP and it won't let me upload my score. Is this because it's in beta and the competition hasn't started yet and do I have to make a separate account for HWBOT?

That's just Smartscreen being as useless as it is 😛 RB has some anticheating protections that may trigger false positives to bad security software that use the silly rule of "if the executable is encrypted and I can't analyze it, it's malware unless I've whitelisted it". Nothing to worry about, we had false possitives with a couple of AV software before and they whitelisted it eventually.

Now regarding HPET, it is a rule of HWBOT that due to the RTC clock bug with Windows versions 8+, in order to submit any score with those Windows versions the timer used to time the benchmark must be HPET as it's not affected by the bug. This is why this version of RB, checks for that and informs you how to enable it. If it still doesn't let you upload after you enabled HPET it means that it's not really enabled.
Did you follow the directions it gave you to the letter?
Namely:
a) Make sure HPET is enabled in the UEFI
b) Run this command in a command prompt with ADMIN access: "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true"
c) Reboot.

If you did all that and it still gives you that message, open an admin prompt again and do "bcdedit /enum"
It will show you something like this:

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {current}
device partition=C:
path \WINDOWS\system32\winload.efi
description Windows 10
locale en-US
inherit {bootloadersettings}
recoverysequence {3b09a8d8-5301-11e3-80aa-c8600017ecb3}
recoveryenabled Yes
isolatedcontext Yes
flightsigning Yes
allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075
osdevice partition=C:
systemroot \WINDOWS
resumeobject {3b09a8d6-5301-11e3-80aa-c8600017ecb3}
nx OptIn
bootmenupolicy Standard
useplatformclock Yes

Notice the "useplatformclock" value, it must be "Yes". On the "Windows Boot Loader" section where its "identifier" field has value {current}. That means it's the one currently booted as you may have more than one if you're dual booting or have done upgrade installations-sometimes the windows installer messes up)

mirzet1976 wrote:
By me this version crashes, when it finished all benches and I click with mouse on Upload it crashes.
And this "normal" version V2 2.43 works perfect. http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=11979

I need more information. A screenshot for starters 🙂
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:

I need more information. A screenshot for starters 🙂

Here, two screen shots one from this not modified ver 2.43 and this is uploaded to RealBench Leaderboard - and second HWBOT 2.43 screen but not uploaded because crashes when I click on the menu, and I'm registered on HWBOT http://hwbot.org/user/mirzet1976/

Version for RealBench and uploaded - http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=11979

HWBOT version but can't upload

CPU and GPU is under water.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you Nodens

It probably didn't let me upload my score because I haven't signed up for HWBOT or created an account. Anyway I just want to say HPET was enabled, I used the command prompt to enable it like it said to do. I didn't think much of it at the time but later on I went to play far cry 4 and performance was bad, very stuttery and cpu usage went up to 50% and I didn't know why. I reinstalled the game and NVidia drivers and it didn't help. Reinstalling windows fixed it (HPET is disabled by default) and as I was reinstalling windows it dawned on me that enabling HPET is what caused the bad performance. So just a little word of caution to anyone who enables HPET, be sure to disable it before playing any games. 🙂

Well that does not stand for every game. It depends a lot on the game engine and hardware configuration. The majority of games perform better under HPET because it offers higher resolution timer. Still some engines do not like it though as it really depends on what and how they're using timing code. In any case you can always disable it after benchmarking via "bcdedit /set useplatformclock false" 🙂

mirzet1976 wrote:
Here, two screen shots one from this not modified ver 2.43 and this is uploaded to RealBench Leaderboard - and second HWBOT 2.43 screen but not uploaded because crashes when I click on the menu, and I'm registered on HWBOT http://hwbot.org/user/mirzet1976/

Unfortunately neither of those are of any use to me. I only need one screenshot, of the HWBOT version, exactly the moment it has crashed for you.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nate152
Thank you Nodens

It probably didn't let me upload my score because I haven't signed up for HWBOT or created an account. Anyway I just want to say HPET was enabled, I used the command prompt to enable it like it said to do. I didn't think much of it at the time but later on I went to play far cry 4 and performance was bad, very stuttery and cpu usage went up to 50% and I didn't know why. I reinstalled the game and NVidia drivers and it didn't help. Reinstalling windows fixed it (HPET is disabled by default) and as I was reinstalling windows it dawned on me that enabling HPET is what caused the bad performance. So just a little word of caution to anyone who enables HPET, be sure to disable it before playing any games. 🙂