cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY-T7004T Weird Specs? (Italian e-shops)

Lyer
Level 7
Hallo everybody,

as mentioned in the object I'm looking forward to buying a new G752VY here in Italy. Apparently all the e-shops here are selling the
T7004T version and I'm slightly confused about the specs these shops claim for this particular version. All these shops display the
following specs for the T7004T and they're unable to either deny or confirm them:

- 16GB of RAM installed and NO free slots for further RAM upgrades

- no G-SYNC mentioned

- no 3.1 USB / type-C USB mentioned

I've browsed the Internet for additional infos about T7004T; the problem is that while some official technical sheets do mention
these feats (e.g. confirming that the RAM is upgradable to 64) other similarly official sheets do not.

I'd like to know whether someone has solid infos about this specific VY version before buying, thanks in advance and ciao from Italy 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

warryabel
Level 7
Lyer wrote:
Hallo everybody,

as mentioned in the object I'm looking forward to buying a new G752VY here in Italy. Apparently all the e-shops here are selling the
T7004T version and I'm slightly confused about the specs these shops claim for this particular version. All these shops display the
following specs for the T7004T and they're unable to either deny or confirm them:

- 16GB of RAM installed and NO free slots for further RAM upgrades

- no G-SYNC mentioned

- no 3.1 USB / type-C USB mentioned

I've browsed the Internet for additional infos about T7004T; the problem is that while some official technical sheets do mention
these feats (e.g. confirming that the RAM is upgradable to 64) other similarly official sheets do not.

I'd like to know whether someone has solid infos about this specific VY version before buying, thanks in advance and ciao from Italy 🙂

http://www.asustore.it/gaming-rog-asus/1806-notebook-gaming-asus-rog-g752vy-t7004t.html

Otot
Level 7
All G752 Models have 4 slots for max 64GB RAM, G-Sync and 1x 3.1 USB Type-C Port.

Otot wrote:
All G752 Models have 4 slots for max 64GB RAM, G-Sync and 1x 3.1 USB Type-C Port.

I've been looking at the g752vt t7002t and sites in the UK say it doesn't have g sync even though asus advertises all models do have it.so I contacted asus and the guy said that some models dont have it but to contact the vendor which I did and they Confirmed it doesn't.

Yes the letter number extension beyond VY VT etc are vendor specific where as the vendor purchase G752 spec'd out to their contracted specification. BB Best Tiger Direct, and different countries, etc. you really have to check out the units that each vendor is selling.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Mrtea_32 wrote:
I've been looking at the g752vt t7002t and sites in the UK say it doesn't have g sync even though asus advertises all models do have it.so I contacted asus and the guy said that some models dont have it but to contact the vendor which I did and they Confirmed it doesn't.

that's my problem too; for example in this italian link that was posted here: http://www.asustore.it/gaming-rog-asus/1806-notebook-gaming-asus-rog-g752vy-t7004t.html G-SYNC is not mentioned 😞

Lyer wrote:
that's my problem too; for example in this italian link that was posted here: http://www.asustore.it/gaming-rog-asus/1806-notebook-gaming-asus-rog-g752vy-t7004t.html G-SYNC is not mentioned 😞

I can confirm that G752VY-T7004T does support G-SYNC.

EttoreA wrote:
I can confirm that G752VY-T7004T does support G-SYNC.

Hi Ettore and thanks for your reply 🙂 Can you confirm me also that it supports up to 64gb of RAM and it features a 3.1 usb port?
thanks!

Mrtea_32
Level 7
It's abit of a weird one as I've contacted two vendors here in the UK, Scan and overclockers and both advertising same specs and no g sync though when I've Contacted them overclockers said it doesn't have g sync whilst Scan have said it does so I'll be going with them

JustinThyme
Level 13
While I can see some different offering of specs I dont see them changing the display or motherboards. The USB 3.1 should be uniform and I can guarantee you that the RAM support will max out at 64GB. Problem is what does it have now? If its 16GB as in 2x8GB sticks installed in the non serviceable area you will only be able to go to 32GB without opening the machine up to get to the non serviceable area. If its a single 16GB stick then you can go to 48GB without opening it up. Most users will not use the 64GB of ram. You will see zero improvement with it unless you are compiling video edits or batch processing a lot of large photos, two things that are very memory intensive applications. Gaming and every day use wont use more than 16GB.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein