32GB Dominator
AX1500i PSU
Samsung 950 512GB SSD
2 x 3TB WD Black Cav HDD's
3 x Titan X SC GPU's
Lotsa fans
3 x Sony Bravia 4K LCD's
OC Panel

Now, my problem is regarding resolution of the 3 displays. I can get 4K on 2 of them but the 3rd is always locked to 1080P. After
many hours on Live Chat with Nvidia reinstalling driver, reconfiguring settings, checking on connections etc I've narrowed it down to the first GPU PCIe lane on the motherboard.
I did this by removing the other GPU's and checking each one in the first lane, turning the PC back on then checking the
resolution. Unfortunately each card was locked at 1080P. The cards accept 4K with no problems in the other to PCIe lanes.

Can anyone come up with an idea why this is happening? BIOS changes needed maybe? Bear in mind I'm a total newbie as this is my first build and PC I've done/had.
Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6

JuSiZ1
Level 10
Can you get 2 lcds working 4k if you put only 2 titans?
I don't think those problem is pcie related? I gues NVIDIA drivers/os mess something!
What os you use? You are connected all monitors to first card?

I can change the resolution with 2 displays to 4K but 1 display is still zoomed in quite a bit. The display changes to a bigger tile on
Display Settings.
I was thinking drivers or OS at first. I've removed and re-installed Nvidia drivers several times.
I use Windows 10 and at this I've tried both all connected to 1 card and each display connected to each card as the Nvidia system
requirements page suggests.
I've been at this for 3 days now, starting to melt my brain

I'm using display port to HDMI adapter on GPU to HDMI on TV mate.

SGMRock
Level 9
Most current DP to HDMI adapters on the market do not support HDMI 2.0 which you need to hit the 4k res on those displays. I have a Sony Bravia 4K TV also but I could not get it to 4k on current adapters. Recently AMD updated their drivers to support new dongles that convert DP 1.2a to HDMI 2.0 and allow 4K display. Here is one for instance that I ordered, but they have been out of stock so my order is still pending, though lots of reviews say they got it to work with np. I know there are more of them out there now but it is a fairly new product. I'm kind of disappointed that the last gen of graphics cards release didn't have HDMI 2.0 native support on the cards for at least 1 port. I like my Fury X as they have 3 DP ports which I use and one HDMI I could have run to my 4k tv if it was native 2.0 but it isn't.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0194F1MY4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01
Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex 2002 BIOS / Intel i9-7900X / G.Skill TridentZ RBG F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 17-17-17-37
LG 38" 38GL950G-B Ultrawide / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid/ Sound Blaster AE-5
Corsair H115i Pro CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2 / Corsair Arctic White T780 Case

Yup, spot on. So it worked out to be a dodgy cable in the end. I went with the 'every cable is the same' information that I've been reading and thought nothing more of it.
In the end I got 3 Alogic 4K DisplayPort to HDMI cables.
Thanks all for the responses....