cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS V GENE - RAM only working on one channel

Mongoose87
Level 7
Hi guys I new here hope you can help,

I recently purchased x2 8gb kits of CML8GX3M2A1600C9, however they seem to only work when installed individually, 1 slot occupied (4gb) or in pairs 2 slots occupied (8gb) however they will not work all together 4 slots occupied (16gb). CPU-z shows 16gb and all present, however Windows 10 only shows 8gb and slots 1 and 3 empty even though it is clearly installed. The BIOS also only shows 8gb but also weirdly shows all dimms present in all slots? The RAM so far has been tested and is not showing any faults either. I've re-seated the CPU and can't find any bent pins or damage. 😞

My PC Specs are as follows.

Asus Maximus V Gene 1903 bios
Intel i7 2700K
Windows 10 64 bit
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hello Mongoose87

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Unfortunately combining two kits of the same specs isn't guaranteed to work and it seems that's what you're experiencing.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don’t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-over...

That explains it. 😞 Wish I saw that earlier... oh well! lesson learned :cool: Thanks Nate!

Nate152
You're welcome

You could try setting them up manually and playing with the voltages and maybe loosen the timings a bit, that might get them working together.