cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery question about " plugged in , not charging " message

tomugetsu
Level 7
good day to you all ! I just have a question. is it bad that I'm not reading the " plugged in , not charging " when I hover my cursor to the battery icon ? will it damage my battery because of suspected overcharging ?
14 REPLIES 14

EttoreA
Level 7
What are you actually reading then ?
Is your power brick connected to the mains and battery icon shows correctly this status ?

You didn't specify what ROG series you have got. On my G752 things works this way: battery is connected but not charging until below 95% then charge begins until 100% and then cycle repeats. This is done to improve battery life and prevents overcharging.

Julskey
Level 10
On my G752 Win10, it just says 100% fully charged or xx min to full charge. Unlike my G74sx which says xx% charging or xx% available, plugged in not charging.

JustinThyme
Level 13
tomugetsu wrote:
good day to you all ! I just have a question. is it bad that I'm not reading the " plugged in , not charging " when I hover my cursor to the battery icon ? will it damage my battery because of suspected overcharging ?

This is perfectly normal and will not cause damage. It will not indicate charging until you drop down to around 95% then it will initiate a charge cycle by design. This is to avoid cooking the batteries.

here is mine ATM

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
This is perfectly normal and will not cause damage. It will not indicate charging until you drop down to around 95% then it will initiate a charge cycle by design. This is to avoid cooking the batteries.

here is mine ATM

here is my wearlevel 56075 hate undetouchable batterys...

warryabel wrote:
here is my wearlevel 56075 hate undetouchable batterys...

is this built into windows or a 3rd party app?
GL552VW-DH71 Win 10
Intel Core i7 6700HQ
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

dansan wrote:
is this built into windows or a 3rd party app?
hwinfo app (3rd)

tomugetsu
Level 7

It looks just like this . is there something wrong ? " plugged in , not charging " at 100% , if possible , is understandable . but im not sure with this one . maybe it's still supplying current in the battery . is it still supplying to the battery or not ?

mine's GL552JX

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
tomugetsu wrote:

It looks just like this . is there something wrong ? " plugged in , not charging " at 100% , if possible , is understandable . but im not sure with this one . maybe it's still supplying current in the battery . is it still supplying to the battery or not ?

fyi.

It should apply to other models too and there may be more to it, but found this FAQ on the ASUS website for the G751JT if you want to take a look.

http://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1003960/

so you mean to say , it's perfectly okay and won't damage my battery at all ?