cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse Lag/Stutter G750JS under Windows 10 x64 (with intel HD4600 drivers)

kny8mare
Level 7
Hi

I own a ROG G750JS with intel HD4600 integrated graphics and Nvidia 870M dedicated graphics. Recently I upgraded to windows 10 64 bit. Windows 10 by default updated and supported all of the drivers. I only had to update a few from ROG's driver download site (namely the ATK package, and audio drivers). One problem that I am facing is with the integrated graphics drivers for intel HD4600. Windows automatically updates the drivers, as the existing ones are not compatible with windows 10. It is updated to the latest version available from intel's site ( https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- ). Unfortunately as soon as the update occurs, I am facing micro stutters with my mouse pointer. This usually happens when i am lauching chrome, or maybe changing the desktop background, or opening microsoft word or some other app. The mouse pointer will stutter for sometime and then fix itself. I have tried resintalling clean Windows 10, and found that with the default windows driver (generic driver) the mouse stuttering problem is not there (though other problems are there for example, asus splendid wont work). It reoccurs as soon as windows updates to the intel's latest drivers.

Other than this problem windows 10 seems to work fine with G750JS. Games run fine (when running on the NVIDIA GPU).
Since Asus has not released a intel gpu driver for windows 10, I am not sure what I can do to fix this issue. Any help is appreciated 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

redduc900
Level 9
The driverset I have installed is v10.18.15.4256 (dated 7/15/2015) for the 4600, a newer version than those originally installed by Win10 (upgraded from Win8.1). I updated them manually via the Driver tab under the 4600 Properties window in Device Manager. I don't experience any stuttering, and the Asus Splendid utility works fine. If I try to update the current drivers via the same method, Win10 doesn't find anything newer.
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

redduc900 wrote:
The driverset I have installed is v10.18.15.4256 (dated 7/15/2015) for the 4600, a newer version than those originally installed by Win10 (upgraded from Win8.1). I updated them manually via the Driver tab under the 4600 Properties window in Device Manager. I don't experience any stuttering, and the Asus Splendid utility works fine. If I try to update the current drivers via the same method, Win10 doesn't find anything newer.

Thanks, I'll try with v10.18.15.4256 and get back with the results 🙂

redduc900 wrote:

Could you tell me where you downloaded the v10.18.15.4256 driver from ? intel's website doesnt have a driver corresponding to that version number for windows 10 (nor one released on 7/15/2015) .
Thanks in advance 🙂

Edit:
I guess you are referring to the v15.40.4.64.4256 on intel's website. In my case i remember uninstalling the driver (installed by windows update) and installing this one, but it didn't help. I had the mouse stutters as soon as i restarted (maybe windows updated to the latest one automatically ? ) Just to make sure, you are using NVIDIA's drivers from their website along with intel's v10.18.15.425 driver right ? and it doesnt cause random freeze/stutter ?

Edit:
just getting back. Installing the v15.40.4.64.4256 driver from Intel's website does not solve this problem.
I am still getting mouse/input freeze/stutters from time to time. This occurs only after installing Intel's drivers
(and not on the generic drivers).

baulaergrungim
Level 8
I have similar problem, though it happens only on usb mouse, I think touchpad is not affected. Also, my video and sound stutters. The crazy thing is, the later issue goes away for a while after reboot (fast reboot, not really 'cooling' the rig). I have driver 10.18.15.4256 and I can't update in any way - intel's installers and updaters say I have rig-specified drivers or that the drivers I try to install were not tested and don't let me proceed.