cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nvidia GT540m problem

kevin92
Level 7
Hy.
I have an Asus K53SV with GT540m 2gb installed. It also has 8 gb of ram and a i7 2630qm CPU.
The problem is, when i run something with the High performance graphic card i get the BSOD, with the error code (STOP: 0x00000116, nvlddmkm.sys).
So i checked the temperatures of the GPU and i saw it rapidly rises from 50 degrees to 110 and over within 10 seconds. 5 min ago it reached over 130 degrees. I hope that this is not the real temperature
Even when i play old games, it crashes. Everything is also full of lag and the value of the FPS is normaly under 15.
The PC is not overclocked in any way and the drivers are up to date.
The irony is it works better on the integrated graphic card, then with the gt540m. Ive thought about replacing it with something stronger, but im not sure if
its possible.
Ive tried almost everything. It is also dust free and always on a flat surface.
So, if anyone has an idea of what could cause the problem, it would be awesome if you could help me 🙂

Thanks and sorry for my bad english 🙂

Edit: my friend just runned 3dmark vantage on my pc. We forced it to use the graphic card GT540M, the average FPS rate was 2-3 on the GPU test...
18 REPLIES 18

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

Which program do you use to check your temps ?

How old are your notebook btw? If it's 6 months or so, I would recommend to blow some compressed air into the fan and see if a lot of dust is coming out.

Also which version of your graphic driver do you have?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Hy...

I have to tell you, the laptop just died... It turns on, but there is no picture, also i cant "hear" it to boot up. And it is getting very hot (in like 2 minutes) in the midle of the keybord. It was 3 days old, and a Cristmas present for my little sister (as you can see, a very nice one). The graphic driver was the newest one from the asus page. It is funny, because i bought it in Germany, and this is like 500 km from my home. And in my county, they dont want to take it in warranty, to repair or replace it, so i will have to drive back to Germany.

As it was out of box, it was dust free. I used 3 programs for temperature (everest, the sidebar gadget, and the name of the third one i forgot, but it was posted on these forum).

I hope, they will repair/replace it.

Thank you for your help. As i use a ROG asus on my own, i hope this was something it hapened only once, so i can have ASUS for my favorite brand forever 🙂 🙂

As i said in the first post, sorry for my bad english 😉

Hi

It's bad to hear this 😞

But you could try one thing before you go back for an exchange or repair.

Take out one ram at the time and see if it boots up then, if it does then you can isolate which ram is bad and you may want to buy a new one.

I also love asus notebooks, Asus G73SW is my third notebook from them 🙂

kevin92 wrote:

Thank you for your help. As i use a ROG asus on my own, i hope this was something it hapened only once, so i can have ASUS for my favorite brand forever 🙂 🙂

(Y)
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

I just came home from a computer shop, because i dont want to open it on myself. I said to him, he should check the ram... They are both in a perfect condition...

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hmm, could he tell what the problem could be?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

He said, it could be the motherboard, the interated graphic card or the CPU.... without disassembling it, it is not possible to determine the problem. He also said it must be a factory failure, because the charger, and everything else is ok...

I really dont know what to think about it... Probably going to Germany tomorow :mad:

fuzon1337
Level 10
Ahh, I hope you get this fixed and do not get any issues with replacing it with the resellers. I would say that their is no need to repair that notebook since it's a DOA-issue.

Good luck!
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

i have to tell you, that i called asus support today. They were very professional and understanding. I sent the pc,
to the asus central in germany. As they said, it will be repaired or replaced in 10-14 days.

fuzon1337
Level 10
It's good to hear that your problem gets fixed! 😄

Give a sound about what the work place did with your notebook soon 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205