cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aquaero 6xt

drop4205
Level 12
I am looking at the aquaero for fan control for now and later to hook up pumps to for watercooling. I have a few questions to those that are using this
1) Is the 24 pin adapter to the stand by and also a relay tied into the on off switch needed and if so what for?
2)To connect d5 pumps to the 6xt where would the connect and what is aquabus connection on back of controller?
thanks
3) Where it is connected to motherboard, would the software from them read any fans attached to motherboard headers also?
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hello drop4205

The aquaero 6 xt is the most advanced fan/pump controller, it can control two pwm pumps separately as well as fans. It is expandable up to 12 channels with poweradjusts but depending how many fans/pumps you're going to use you may not need to expand it.

If you're connecting two pumps you would connect power with molex to your psu and the pwm cables to a fan header, this will leave 2 channels for your fans, it's 30w per channel so you could easily do ten 120mm fans per channel. If you're using flow meters for each pump you'd connect one to the flow header and configure channel 1 as a flow meter, channel 1 is the only channel that can be used as a flow meter.

The 24pin stand by/emergency shut off and relay is not needed.

It connects to the motherboard to a usb 2.0 header with the supplied 5 pin usb 2.0 cable, this is how the motherboard sees the aquaero and works with the aquasuite software.

You could go with the aqauro 6 pro, the only difference is the xt comes with a remote and soft touch buttons on the front. There are a lot of accessories you can get for it and one is a passive heatsink.

I may not be too clear on some things so I strongly recommend you read the manual for a day or two, it's available by .pdf file. 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
Hello drop4205

Can aquaero 6 pro usb connnect to my asus rampager V motherboard extreme. The motherboard has USB 2.0 connectors (10-1pin USB1112+5VP14-,P14+, GND; USB1314 +5V,P12-,P12+). Can I connect aquero 6Usb 5 pinconnector to one row of this connector on mobo, USB 1112 or USB1114 ? Or Can aquaero 6 can not beconnected at all w this asus motherboard. I have aquaero 6 power but my pwm fans run only at full speed- cannot see how to change fan speed using aquaero front panel up and down buttons. Fan rpm is displayed but no way to change pwm fan speed with aquaero. Software is only in German, I know only english. Please help

drop4205
Level 12
lol thanks Nate. I havent got one but looking at a long term setup that I can expand later on.
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

kkn
Level 14
for the controll you just connect the controller to the USB onboard header.
you controll it tru a OS witch you can download for free.

aquabus is more of a puls thingy so to say.
it can be used on flow meters or aquacomputer's own pumps to communicate beetwean each others.

the controller have PWM fan headers so you can use 4 pin fans on it compare to the 5 series who mainly ha 3 pins headers.

heres a "few" pics of how aquasuite can look like, theres a mix of old and new version of the program on it in this search.
https://www.google.com/search?q=aquasuite&safe=off&biw=1963&bih=984&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0a...

i used to have a inline temp on my loop and connect it to the controller and controll the fans by temp so when it did go past a certan temp the controller would start ramping up the fans to cool it down and when below that temp it slowed them down.

drop4205
Level 12
I guess I am a little confused on setting this up. I f I were to have the usb pump from them and say add a PA3 to it I need to connect all units to usb to the motherboard to get the address of each unit for the aquasuite. Can I just plug them all into a hub along with the 6xt and one connection to the motherboard to connect all to the aquasuite software? Or do I connect the usb from the 6xt to the motherboard and connect each other usb for the first time and then disconnect them and daisy chain to aquabus? or keep all connected usb and daisy chain thru aquabus ?

Nate152
You shouldn't need to use the aquabus or optional poweradjusts. You would connect the 5-pin usb 2.0 cable to a usb 2.0 header on the motherboard then connect power to the pumps with molex from your psu and connect each pwm cable to channels 1 and 2 on the aquaero. So a fan header for each pump, that lets you two channels for your fans. The pumps should run at 100% until you get them configured with the aquasuite software.

kkn
Level 14
the software is in english too.
you need to instal the software for it to work ( the fan controller )