cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain problem on ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH74 , is this normal?

oukns
Level 7
Hello everyone, I bought ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH74 brand new few days ago,
it's pretty cool and fine, except for one thing that is bothering me, I'm not sure if this is normal or
not but my battery keeps drain when the computer is turned , and I did try to remove it and it still drains,
I'm also aware it does not have connected standby. is this normal or should I ask for a replacement battery?
10 REPLIES 10

JustinThyme
Level 13
If your battey is draining out of the machine it is definitely defective. It's one thing for it to drop a little sitting for several weeks but you should not notice a difference over several days.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks for your reply, I wish it was few days , I notice the drain within few hours , its brand new to.
I will see if I can exchange it.

I have this issue with my ROG asus GL552vw, when I turn it off with 100% battery, after 8-10hrs, it drains down to 92%, is this normal?

I too have the same issue of battery dropping down by around 10% within 18 hours of Windows being shut down the usual way of clicking Shut Down in the Windows menu. I have guessed it to be due to Windows being in Hibernation instead of the conventional shut down. I'll disable Fast Boot, to check & update here.
ASUS RoG GL552VW-CN430T
Intel i7 6300HQ
16 GiB DDR4
128 GiB SSD + 1 TiB 7200 RPM HDD
NVIDIS 960M 4 GiB
Windows 10 64-bit

Hi! Is is the same for you that battery drains like hell in sleeping mode?
Any suggestions how this can be solved?

mihaistati wrote:
Hi! Is is the same for you that battery drains like hell in sleeping mode?
Any suggestions how this can be solved?

There's a Windows setting in Power Management that goes something like hybrid sleep... Check Google to disable it. After I did this, the battery drain issue got resolved. Got the battery replaced FTW anyway.
ASUS RoG GL552VW-CN430T
Intel i7 6300HQ
16 GiB DDR4
128 GiB SSD + 1 TiB 7200 RPM HDD
NVIDIS 960M 4 GiB
Windows 10 64-bit

same battery drain problem on my ROG GL552vw-CN574T, around 10% in 5 to 8 hours drain in sleep mode. plus hybrid sleep is already off.

Did anyone manage to solve this issue? I am seriously getting frustrated. I am using an GL552VW for work and when I close the lid and open the laptop on the next day I am at 3%.... From 100% to 3% in 1 day with a closed lid in my backpack... that's insane... I am even clicking the off button so I know it has gone to sleep..

hunter18 wrote:
I have this issue with my ROG asus GL552vw, when I turn it off with 100% battery, after 8-10hrs, it drains down to 92%, is this normal?

I posted awhile back when I got my GL552vw. I noticed that every time I would plug it in, it would start charging. It would report 93% on startup. I let it charge to 100%, then turned it off and unplugged laptop. I plugged it back in like 5 minutes later, and the orange charging light came on, so I turned it on, and it showed 93% charging. I would also remove the battery, and got the same results, so I hope its just a bios issue. I exchanged it, and the new laptop does the same thing. I leave the battery out most of the time, so I haven't tested it with either of the bios updates, but it probably still does it. If you can, see if yours acts the same way.