Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Problem with Asus Support: Corrupt Support Team (ROG 751)

Hi,
    I would like to ask your help to get in contact with someone who can investigate what happened with me. I need to buy a new laptop. I want to buy Asus again but I will not choose Asus again till I get my rights.
    I will leave you with a copy of my last email to them. Their reply to me was that the UK team cannot compensate me for a mistake the Egypt team made but it sounds unfair to me. The Egypt team as you would see in the mail are fraudelant to say the least.

Copy of the mail.

Hello,
    My laptop speaker malfunctioned. I submitted it to be fixed in a service center in Egypt. From the first while I felt like I was dealing with a punch of thugs. They asked me for money in order to look at my laptop although this is a warranty covered device. I refused so they took it to fix it anyway! I waited three months for my laptop with no response from them. I files many complaints. I even had a case initiated through this very page. I had to go back to the UK for my studies without my laptop which is the cornerstone of my student life. I waited three weeks to get a response from the support team but I got none. I offered that one of my friends could pick up the laptop from the service center to get into the UK. I got the message you see in the picture that I will not be compensated for all the time the Egypt team depleted on my laptop so I refused.
    Many incidents happened that made it clear to me that you have a punch of bandits operating in Egypt. I received a call from the hotline in Egypt. They told we cannot fix your laptop come pick it up then ship it to anyone you know abroad to fix for you. I told them no problem just send me an official mail from an Asus email. I bluffed that I recorded the conversation. The person on the phone freaked out. He told me I would get a response in 48 hours. This happened two weeks ago. I got no response.

This means that your team in Egypt actively and purposefully tried to fraud me out of my rights.

All of that was reported to the UK team. Up till this moment, they offered no resolution. They only said we are looking into the issue. When I offered to pick the laptop, they said what you can see in the message in the picture. They are passively watching while I am being extorted by the team in Egypt. I tried everything I could but I failed. Each time I send you an email, call you or chat online, I get zero benefit.
    There are almost 20 complaints issued through your website by me through the last 90 days. None of them was met with a resolution.
    Another fact about your team in Egypt. They ignored any complaints that I filed while I was in Egypt. You can look that up in your records. I hope that you notice that I am in the UK not Egypt anymore. I was contacted today by your buyback team offering to pay the price I paid for the laptop. This is not acceptable. After three months you offer to pay me back the money I paid for the laptop?! Something that Amazon already offered to do for me from the first day I ever contacted them! Where is the reimbursement in that offer? You are even paying me the discount price I paid not the real price of the laptop which is silly given the circumstances.

This cannot be called a reimbursement by any means of the word.

WTM20151109110337801
    WTM20151116011606692
    WTM20151123225830994
    WTM20151123225850167
    WTM20151123225904597
    WTM20151130224941475
    WTM20151126193853587
    WTM20151202160211212
    WTM20151206110703791
    WTM20151210064004025
    WTM20151210064743462
    WTM20151214190142680
    WTM20151218091934817
    Case: *N151259313*
    WTM20160101035415268
    TM20160104201028
    WTM20160113073753017
    WTM20160120003520615
    TM20160119203626
    RTM20160119203626
    RTM20160121204694
    TM20160127202346
    TM20160127203096
    TM20160127203116

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Before you go any further you need to realize this is not an ASUS support site. This is a members site where owners help eachother. No one here can investigate service vendors or even tell you if the one you used is legit. My guess is they are not as any laptop that is under warranty can be repaired or replaced.

Next is you must question if you were even at an authorized ASUS service Center. There are 3 in Egypt.

ECS
    14 Al Atebaa, Ad Doqi, Giza

Metra
    30 Wady El Nil St.، MOHANDESEEN، Giza

RAYA
    1 Abdel Hamid Loutfy St, Makram Ebeid, Nasr city

If it was not one of these then you were definitely getting your leg pulled.

Another thing you must realize is there is a difference between an authorized service center and ASUS. There are no ASUS shops in Egypt period. These are all third party companies that have an agreement with ASUS. If you went directly to any of them without filing a ticket with ASUS first and being directed to send or drop it to one of these locations then you do so at your own peril and expense. If it is under warranty ASUS will take care of it and it may not be at any of these places in Egypt.

If your laptop was registered to activate the warranty then you simply log into your ASUS account and submit a ticket there. If it was not registered to activate the warranty then you are on your own.

https://www.asus.com/support

ROG Member Array

The laptop was submitted to the Raya in Nasr City (Makram Ebid) after I have issued a ticket online that directed me to Raya.
    Thank you for your reply but the laptop is in fact with in Asus warranty and was submitted to a service center to which they directed me.
    One more thing, people who tried to fraud me has official Asus emails and has access to the messaging system on the Asus website. Actually, ome of them ,namely Ahmed Zahed, was one of the people who replied to me on the inquiry box on Asus's website. The same person told me that we could not fix your laptop because there are no spare parts for it so please come pick it up and ship it (on my expense) to a friend another country to fix it!!! The UK team is well aware of all these details but they said that the egypt team is not under our authority so we cannot compensate you for a mistake they made and we cannot hold them accountable for what they have tried to do. What kind of company is that? Putting some people in charge of the aftersale services then say we cannot compensate you or even hold them accountable. I appreciate your help but I followed the proper steps. I know this is not a support forum but I am just trying to get any help that people here may offer.

JustinThyme PC Specs
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    OS Win10 Pro 1809

if you have a trail of correspondence with ASUS you should be able to get this remedied. Go back to opening a dialog with ASUS support and tell them what happened. If they view it as going too far they may pull that's shops eligibility as an authorized service center. Saying they cannot fix it because they don't have parts is not acceptable unless you put a time restriction on them. All they have to do is put in a requisition with ASUS to get the parts.

One point I think you are missing is none of these shops are owned or operated by ASUS. They are all contracted individually owned shops and not under the control of ASUS. Like I said if you have all the correspondence the best you can do is report their actions and ASUS may choose to no longer use them for repair services.

ROG Member Array

I did indeed tell the UK team about everything that happened. They told me it is none of our business what the Egypt team did as I previously illustrated.
    If none of these shops is operated by Asus, they should not have given them access to the vip link. They should have also put some mechanism to make sure these shops do not step out of line.
    As a customer, it is not relevant to me who operates the shop as long as it is listed on the Asus website and I was directed there by a reply on the vip link.

JustinThyme PC Specs
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    OS Win10 Pro 1809

Again, you are totally missing the point that the shops in the UK have nothing to do with those in Egypt or even another shop across town in the UK, They are all independent businesses and not part of any ASUS team.
    There are many companies that subcontract work to third parties. Happens all the time and all over the planet.

You asked for help, I'm trying to give it to you. Go back straight to ASUS not a repair shop in the UK or Egypt or any other country, ONLY ASUS DIRECT

As to whether the shop in Egypt stepped out of line, that's a matter of opinion and also we are only getting the side of a story from a disgruntled customer that are often inflated for drama purposes.

Perhaps you should apply for the repair management position for ASUS. The job would require you relocate to Taiwan though. Then you can totally revamp their system and put all the safeguards you wish and even cancel all the contracts and just have people send their machines to Taiwan at the factory for repair and eat all the shipping costs going back and forth.

As a customer everything is relevant to me in how business is done. To complain about it then say its not relevant is extremely contradictory.
    I will offer no further advice, again this is a USER FORUM not ASUS SUPPORT.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Please contact Bahz. Perhaps he can put you in contact with the right people to have a look at your case.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Again, you are totally missing the point that the shops in the UK have nothing to do with those in Egypt or even another shop across town in the UK, They are all independent businesses and not part of any ASUS team.
    There are many companies that subcontract work to third parties. Happens all the time and all over the planet.

You asked for help, I'm trying to give it to you. Go back straight to ASUS not a repair shop in the UK or Egypt or any other country, ONLY ASUS DIRECT

As to whether the shop in Egypt stepped out of line, that's a matter of opinion and also we are only getting the side of a story from a disgruntled customer that are often inflated for drama purposes.

Perhaps you should apply for the repair management position for ASUS. The job would require you relocate to Taiwan though. Then you can totally revamp their system and put all the safeguards you wish and even cancel all the contracts and just have people send their machines to Taiwan at the factory for repair and eat all the shipping costs going back and forth.

As a customer everything is relevant to me in how business is done. To complain about it then say its not relevant is extremely contradictory.
    Thank you for your help.

I told you over and over again. All my contacts has been directly through the vip line with customer service teams not with shops at all.

Thanks again.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array antoine52200 PC Specs
    antoine52200 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JT
    MotherboardASUS
    Processori7-4720HQ OC at 3.8Ghz
    Memory (part number)16Go 1600Mhz OC
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 970M OC
    OS Win10 64bits

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post

Dude, you're making somes good points, but funny how you're always coming to ASUS rescue.. Anyway, The situation of Mohamed is unrealistic and ASUS should take responsablity! period! he seems to have contacted ASUS through correct channels and ASUS needs to close theses centers or fix it. it's their responsability!

PS: please don't take this as an offense! it's not! no need to write back a novel...
    Last edited by antoine52200; 03-02-2016 at 08:06 PM.

JustinThyme PC Specs
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    OS Win10 Pro 1809

Quote Originally Posted by antoine52200 View Post
    Dude, you're making somes good points, but funny how you're always coming to ASUS rescue.. Anyway, The situation of Mohamed is unrealistic and ASUS should take responsablity! period! he seems to have contacted ASUS through correct channels and ASUS needs to close theses centers or fix it. it's their responsability!

PS: please don't take this as an offense! it's not! no need to write back a novel...
    Perhaps I misunderstood what he was saying as all I got was one contact to ASUS though the VIP portal then everything following through 3rd party repairs shops asking a shop in the UK that is not in any way affiliated with a shop in Egypt to do something about what the Egypt shop is doing. By reading his posts he didnt contact ASUS after the initial ticket and they sent him to a shop in Egypt. I certainly expect that ASUS should handle the issue but they cant if the channels are not being followed. Its clear that the OP is unaware of the structure by the posts.

I don't come to ASUS's rescue. I work in the service industry and I'm accustomed to people jumping to conclusions and throwing the Manufacturer under the BUS without due cause, such as this post. I would say the same for any other service related business. I know what its like to have vendors that you have contracted fall short in their responsibilities and have the customer take that out on you. Bottom line is you cant do anything about it if the proper channels are not followed. Seems the OP is not the only one that does not understand that the repair shops in Egypt and the UK are not owned or operated by ASUS so they cannot close them. The only thing they can do is log the event if it is reported and re-evaluate their contract.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast