cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Asus Support: Corrupt Support Team (ROG 751)

Mohamed_Atef
Level 7
Hi,
I would like to ask your help to get in contact with someone who can investigate what happened with me. I need to buy a new laptop. I want to buy Asus again but I will not choose Asus again till I get my rights.
I will leave you with a copy of my last email to them. Their reply to me was that the UK team cannot compensate me for a mistake the Egypt team made but it sounds unfair to me. The Egypt team as you would see in the mail are fraudelant to say the least.

Copy of the mail.

Hello,
My laptop speaker malfunctioned. I submitted it to be fixed in a service center in Egypt. From the first while I felt like I was dealing with a punch of thugs. They asked me for money in order to look at my laptop although this is a warranty covered device. I refused so they took it to fix it anyway! I waited three months for my laptop with no response from them. I files many complaints. I even had a case initiated through this very page. I had to go back to the UK for my studies without my laptop which is the cornerstone of my student life. I waited three weeks to get a response from the support team but I got none. I offered that one of my friends could pick up the laptop from the service center to get into the UK. I got the message you see in the picture that I will not be compensated for all the time the Egypt team depleted on my laptop so I refused.
Many incidents happened that made it clear to me that you have a punch of bandits operating in Egypt. I received a call from the hotline in Egypt. They told we cannot fix your laptop come pick it up then ship it to anyone you know abroad to fix for you. I told them no problem just send me an official mail from an Asus email. I bluffed that I recorded the conversation. The person on the phone freaked out. He told me I would get a response in 48 hours. This happened two weeks ago. I got no response.

This means that your team in Egypt actively and purposefully tried to fraud me out of my rights.

All of that was reported to the UK team. Up till this moment, they offered no resolution. They only said we are looking into the issue. When I offered to pick the laptop, they said what you can see in the message in the picture. They are passively watching while I am being extorted by the team in Egypt. I tried everything I could but I failed. Each time I send you an email, call you or chat online, I get zero benefit.
There are almost 20 complaints issued through your website by me through the last 90 days. None of them was met with a resolution.
Another fact about your team in Egypt. They ignored any complaints that I filed while I was in Egypt. You can look that up in your records. I hope that you notice that I am in the UK not Egypt anymore. I was contacted today by your buyback team offering to pay the price I paid for the laptop. This is not acceptable. After three months you offer to pay me back the money I paid for the laptop?! Something that Amazon already offered to do for me from the first day I ever contacted them! Where is the reimbursement in that offer? You are even paying me the discount price I paid not the real price of the laptop which is silly given the circumstances.

This cannot be called a reimbursement by any means of the word.

WTM20151109110337801
WTM20151116011606692
WTM20151123225830994
WTM20151123225850167
WTM20151123225904597
WTM20151130224941475
WTM20151126193853587
WTM20151202160211212
WTM20151206110703791
WTM20151210064004025
WTM20151210064743462
WTM20151214190142680
WTM20151218091934817
Case: *N151259313*
WTM20160101035415268
TM20160104201028
WTM20160113073753017
WTM20160120003520615
TM20160119203626
RTM20160119203626
RTM20160121204694
TM20160127202346
TM20160127203096
TM20160127203116
15 REPLIES 15

JustinThyme
Level 13
Before you go any further you need to realize this is not an ASUS support site. This is a members site where owners help eachother. No one here can investigate service vendors or even tell you if the one you used is legit. My guess is they are not as any laptop that is under warranty can be repaired or replaced.

Next is you must question if you were even at an authorized ASUS service Center. There are 3 in Egypt.

ECS
14 Al Atebaa, Ad Doqi, Giza

Metra
30 Wady El Nil St.، MOHANDESEEN، Giza

RAYA
1 Abdel Hamid Loutfy St, Makram Ebeid, Nasr city

If it was not one of these then you were definitely getting your leg pulled.

Another thing you must realize is there is a difference between an authorized service center and ASUS. There are no ASUS shops in Egypt period. These are all third party companies that have an agreement with ASUS. If you went directly to any of them without filing a ticket with ASUS first and being directed to send or drop it to one of these locations then you do so at your own peril and expense. If it is under warranty ASUS will take care of it and it may not be at any of these places in Egypt.

If your laptop was registered to activate the warranty then you simply log into your ASUS account and submit a ticket there. If it was not registered to activate the warranty then you are on your own.

https://www.asus.com/support

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

The laptop was submitted to the Raya in Nasr City (Makram Ebid) after I have issued a ticket online that directed me to Raya.
Thank you for your reply but the laptop is in fact with in Asus warranty and was submitted to a service center to which they directed me.
One more thing, people who tried to fraud me has official Asus emails and has access to the messaging system on the Asus website. Actually, ome of them ,namely Ahmed Zahed, was one of the people who replied to me on the inquiry box on Asus's website. The same person told me that we could not fix your laptop because there are no spare parts for it so please come pick it up and ship it (on my expense) to a friend another country to fix it!!! The UK team is well aware of all these details but they said that the egypt team is not under our authority so we cannot compensate you for a mistake they made and we cannot hold them accountable for what they have tried to do. What kind of company is that? Putting some people in charge of the aftersale services then say we cannot compensate you or even hold them accountable. I appreciate your help but I followed the proper steps. I know this is not a support forum but I am just trying to get any help that people here may offer.

JustinThyme
Level 13
if you have a trail of correspondence with ASUS you should be able to get this remedied. Go back to opening a dialog with ASUS support and tell them what happened. If they view it as going too far they may pull that's shops eligibility as an authorized service center. Saying they cannot fix it because they don't have parts is not acceptable unless you put a time restriction on them. All they have to do is put in a requisition with ASUS to get the parts.

One point I think you are missing is none of these shops are owned or operated by ASUS. They are all contracted individually owned shops and not under the control of ASUS. Like I said if you have all the correspondence the best you can do is report their actions and ASUS may choose to no longer use them for repair services.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I did indeed tell the UK team about everything that happened. They told me it is none of our business what the Egypt team did as I previously illustrated.
If none of these shops is operated by Asus, they should not have given them access to the vip link. They should have also put some mechanism to make sure these shops do not step out of line.
As a customer, it is not relevant to me who operates the shop as long as it is listed on the Asus website and I was directed there by a reply on the vip link.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Again, you are totally missing the point that the shops in the UK have nothing to do with those in Egypt or even another shop across town in the UK, They are all independent businesses and not part of any ASUS team.
There are many companies that subcontract work to third parties. Happens all the time and all over the planet.

You asked for help, I'm trying to give it to you. Go back straight to ASUS not a repair shop in the UK or Egypt or any other country, ONLY ASUS DIRECT

As to whether the shop in Egypt stepped out of line, that's a matter of opinion and also we are only getting the side of a story from a disgruntled customer that are often inflated for drama purposes.

Perhaps you should apply for the repair management position for ASUS. The job would require you relocate to Taiwan though. Then you can totally revamp their system and put all the safeguards you wish and even cancel all the contracts and just have people send their machines to Taiwan at the factory for repair and eat all the shipping costs going back and forth.

As a customer everything is relevant to me in how business is done. To complain about it then say its not relevant is extremely contradictory.
I will offer no further advice, again this is a USER FORUM not ASUS SUPPORT.

JustinThyme wrote:
Again, you are totally missing the point that the shops in the UK have nothing to do with those in Egypt or even another shop across town in the UK, They are all independent businesses and not part of any ASUS team.
There are many companies that subcontract work to third parties. Happens all the time and all over the planet.

You asked for help, I'm trying to give it to you. Go back straight to ASUS not a repair shop in the UK or Egypt or any other country, ONLY ASUS DIRECT

As to whether the shop in Egypt stepped out of line, that's a matter of opinion and also we are only getting the side of a story from a disgruntled customer that are often inflated for drama purposes.

Perhaps you should apply for the repair management position for ASUS. The job would require you relocate to Taiwan though. Then you can totally revamp their system and put all the safeguards you wish and even cancel all the contracts and just have people send their machines to Taiwan at the factory for repair and eat all the shipping costs going back and forth.

As a customer everything is relevant to me in how business is done. To complain about it then say its not relevant is extremely contradictory.
I will offer no further advice, again this is a USER FORUM not ASUS SUPPORT.

Thank you for your help.

I told you over and over again. All my contacts has been directly through the vip line with customer service teams not with shops at all.

Thanks again.

Mohamed Atef wrote:
Thank you for your help.

I told you over and over again. All my contacts has been directly through the vip line with customer service teams not with shops at all.

Thanks again.

Please go back and read your posts, this is contradictory.

Your original post made no mention of the VIP service only the "Egypt Team" and the "UK Team" that are not ASUS.
I cant speak about who has access to their service database bout I would imagine that vendors would have to be able to access it to get your information and be able to contact you and close the tickerts.

Im not saying in anyway that what the Egypt shop did was not deplorable. If thats what they did then they certainly should be evaluated.

BTW Contacting Bahz wont help, he is not with the service dept.
CL-Albert has helped some folks with RMAs.

Regardless complaining to one independent shop about another does not take care of anything.

You haven't reported if the UK shop repaired you machine or not and simply dwell on the Egyptian shops short comings. What I'm reading into this is you are looking for financial compensation in some form of punitive damages from the shop in Egypt or ASUS for having your laptop and not fixing it in a time frame that is suitable for you. Your own posts say you have been offered to be refunded the cost of the machine by both Amazon (the first day you reported an issue) and ASUS later on and you declined them both. I'm afraid you wont do any better than that. Further you will never get more than what you paid for the machine. If you got it at a discount that's all are going to offer and all they are obligated to offer. I dont know what the laws are in Egypt where your problem arose but here in the US you first have to prove there was a financial impact caused by the party you are filing to get a judgement of punitive damages. Even with that said you should read the disclaimer in the ASUS warranty.

Except as provided in this warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by law, ASUS is not
responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any breach of
warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory, including but not limited to loss of use; loss of
revenue; loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts); loss of the use of
money; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill; loss of
reputation; loss of, damage to or corruption of data; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage
whatsoever caused including the replacement of equipment and property, any costs of recovering or
reproducing any data stored on or used with the Product. The foregoing limitation shall not apply to
death or personal injury claims, or any statutory liability for intentional and gross negligent acts and/or
omissions by ASUS. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or
consequential damages.

So in the end their obligation is to repair, replace or refund the actual purchase price of a laptop due to defect in manufacture or hardware failure that is not a result of misuse or neglect.

I refused the refund because I needed the laptop fixed not my money back. The refund that Asus offered was the same one amazon offered but I bought the laptop at 30% discount from Amazon. If Asus is giving me a refund four whole months afetr I submitted my laptop to them, they should have given me back the original price of the unit.

I did not ask for any extra compensation or penalties. I made Asus aware through the vip line (UK Asus) from the first day that I can return the laptop to Amazon but they said no we can fix it you need to submit it to the Raya shop in Egypt. Then I was referred to the Egypt team (Asus Egypt or whatever they are called). After that, the fiasco started. Offering the same thing as Amazon but after four months and several fraud schemes is just not right.

I appreciate your replies as you work in these kind of services but you should not make assumption about my case or how disgruntle I am towards the company. Also, if you are intending to help, there is always a kind and simple way to approach people without antagonizing them. My point, to be clear, is that you know absolutely nothing about Egypt and how such companies are run here. Asus should not have directed me to Raya unless they have certain measures to prevent fraudulent behavior. I would have gone to Raya unless they have told me to do so because they are renowned for such activities here in Egypt.

Thanks again for your concern with my problem

Mohamed Atef wrote:
I would have gone to Raya unless they have told me to do so because they are renowned for such activities here in Egypt.

This sounds like the problem. I doubt anyone would look into where warranty work would go when researching a laptop for purchase. It just sounds like your only option Asus gave was one you knew wouldn't turn out well. Its just your location which seems to be an issue. You have to understand that Asus being an international company, has 3rd parties who do warranty work for them all over the world. It just seems like in your case, that 3rd party is not a very reputable one.

Sorry to hear about your problems with RMA work. It sounds like a refund would be your best bet at this point. I would then look for a laptop that has better support in your area.

EDIT: You can also always file a complaint with Asus support about your ordeal. You could even give them the address to this thread. Just like anything else the more negative response they get regarding a certain repair facility, the less likely they will keep them in the long term.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72