Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Atef View Post
    Thank you for your help.

I told you over and over again. All my contacts has been directly through the vip line with customer service teams not with shops at all.

Thanks again.
    Please go back and read your posts, this is contradictory.

Your original post made no mention of the VIP service only the "Egypt Team" and the "UK Team" that are not ASUS.
    I cant speak about who has access to their service database bout I would imagine that vendors would have to be able to access it to get your information and be able to contact you and close the tickerts.

Im not saying in anyway that what the Egypt shop did was not deplorable. If thats what they did then they certainly should be evaluated.

BTW Contacting Bahz wont help, he is not with the service dept.
    CL-Albert has helped some folks with RMAs.

Regardless complaining to one independent shop about another does not take care of anything.

You haven't reported if the UK shop repaired you machine or not and simply dwell on the Egyptian shops short comings. What I'm reading into this is you are looking for financial compensation in some form of punitive damages from the shop in Egypt or ASUS for having your laptop and not fixing it in a time frame that is suitable for you. Your own posts say you have been offered to be refunded the cost of the machine by both Amazon (the first day you reported an issue) and ASUS later on and you declined them both. I'm afraid you wont do any better than that. Further you will never get more than what you paid for the machine. If you got it at a discount that's all are going to offer and all they are obligated to offer. I dont know what the laws are in Egypt where your problem arose but here in the US you first have to prove there was a financial impact caused by the party you are filing to get a judgement of punitive damages. Even with that said you should read the disclaimer in the ASUS warranty.

Except as provided in this warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by law, ASUS is not
    responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any breach of
    warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory, including but not limited to loss of use; loss of
    revenue; loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts); loss of the use of
    money; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill; loss of
    reputation; loss of, damage to or corruption of data; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage
    whatsoever caused including the replacement of equipment and property, any costs of recovering or
    reproducing any data stored on or used with the Product. The foregoing limitation shall not apply to
    death or personal injury claims, or any statutory liability for intentional and gross negligent acts and/or
    omissions by ASUS. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or
    consequential damages.

So in the end their obligation is to repair, replace or refund the actual purchase price of a laptop due to defect in manufacture or hardware failure that is not a result of misuse or neglect.

ROG Member Array

I refused the refund because I needed the laptop fixed not my money back. The refund that Asus offered was the same one amazon offered but I bought the laptop at 30% discount from Amazon. If Asus is giving me a refund four whole months afetr I submitted my laptop to them, they should have given me back the original price of the unit.

I did not ask for any extra compensation or penalties. I made Asus aware through the vip line (UK Asus) from the first day that I can return the laptop to Amazon but they said no we can fix it you need to submit it to the Raya shop in Egypt. Then I was referred to the Egypt team (Asus Egypt or whatever they are called). After that, the fiasco started. Offering the same thing as Amazon but after four months and several fraud schemes is just not right.

I appreciate your replies as you work in these kind of services but you should not make assumption about my case or how disgruntle I am towards the company. Also, if you are intending to help, there is always a kind and simple way to approach people without antagonizing them. My point, to be clear, is that you know absolutely nothing about Egypt and how such companies are run here. Asus should not have directed me to Raya unless they have certain measures to prevent fraudulent behavior. I would have gone to Raya unless they have told me to do so because they are renowned for such activities here in Egypt.

Thanks again for your concern with my problem

ROG Enthusiast Array

Within 6 months of usage you will get a full refund of what you paid for, no more.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I would have gone to Raya unless they have told me to do so because they are renowned for such activities here in Egypt.
    This sounds like the problem. I doubt anyone would look into where warranty work would go when researching a laptop for purchase. It just sounds like your only option Asus gave was one you knew wouldn't turn out well. Its just your location which seems to be an issue. You have to understand that Asus being an international company, has 3rd parties who do warranty work for them all over the world. It just seems like in your case, that 3rd party is not a very reputable one.

Sorry to hear about your problems with RMA work. It sounds like a refund would be your best bet at this point. I would then look for a laptop that has better support in your area.

EDIT: You can also always file a complaint with Asus support about your ordeal. You could even give them the address to this thread. Just like anything else the more negative response they get regarding a certain repair facility, the less likely they will keep them in the long term.
    Last edited by MrRuckus; 03-03-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
    SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K
    RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72
    RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71
    RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

I refused the refund because I needed the laptop fixed not my money back. The refund that Asus offered was the same one amazon offered but I bought the laptop at 30% discount from Amazon. If Asus is giving me a refund four whole months afetr I submitted my laptop to them, they should have given me back the original price of the unit.

I did not ask for any extra compensation or penalties. I made Asus aware through the vip line (UK Asus) from the first day that I can return the laptop to Amazon but they said no we can fix it you need to submit it to the Raya shop in Egypt. Then I was referred to the Egypt team (Asus Egypt or whatever they are called). After that, the fiasco started. Offering the same thing as Amazon but after four months and several fraud schemes is just not right.

I appreciate your replies as you work in these kind of services but you should not make assumption about my case or how disgruntle I am towards the company. Also, if you are intending to help, there is always a kind and simple way to approach people without antagonizing them. My point, to be clear, is that you know absolutely nothing about Egypt and how such companies are run here. Asus should not have directed me to Raya unless they have certain measures to prevent fraudulent behavior. I would have gone to Raya unless they have told me to do so because they are renowned for such activities here in Egypt.

Thanks again for your concern with my problem
    Sorry Friend but you are wrong on multiple counts. I have done extensive work in Egypt both at Alexandria University and I was the principal electrical engineer on the Dam control package retrofit for High Damn East in Aswan that wrapped up about 15 years ago and was in country for that project for over a year. I know well how things work and I know people. The clear route here if you had issues with shops in Egypt would have been to return the laptop and get another. To insist that the manufacturer refund you more than you paid is what is silly. I'm sorry that you are not well versed with how global companies operate and as I've stated multiple times you can file a complaint with ASUS and I'm sure they will take into consideration any steps necessary to ensure their service providers treat their customers well.

You still have not stated whether or not the UK shop fixed your machine or if its still broken. ASUS has offered to do what they are obligated to do and it was refused.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2