cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX Windows 7 64 bit Not Genuine PROBLEM!

Jonny
Level 7
I have an ASUS G74SX with Windows 7 Home premium, pre installed by ASUS.

Now to the problem, since last week a Popup window comes up that claims my Windows are not a valid copy!:mad:
And it pops up every 30-60 min........

When i check my Windows validation i "System" i stands Windows is "Activated"

What can i do about this issue...?
10 REPLIES 10

Julskey
Level 10
factory restore

Hi thanks for advice! I tried the Asus License Restorer, and it accepted my CD-Key and i rebooted..
the problem is still there:mad:

i dont get this, it just popped out from nowhere! My G74 has worked like charm all these years:D

Is there any more fixes for this?

/Jonny

Julskey
Level 10
Have you upgraded by any chance to Windows 10? Maybe your license for Win 7 was cancelled when you upgraded to Win 10 and trial time for returning to win7 (should you want to revert to Win7) has expired. Not really sure about this though.

Julskey wrote:
Have you upgraded by any chance to Windows 10? Maybe your license for Win 7 was cancelled when you upgraded to Win 10 and trial time for returning to win7 (should you want to revert to Win7) has expired. Not really sure about this though.

No i have not upgraded to Win10... and will not do that, before Bill forces me:p

Jonny wrote:
No i have not upgraded to Win10... and will not do that, before Bill forces me:p

Well my old laptop is also a G74SX-BBK7 (bestbuy ed). I have upgraded since December 2015. I just restored to factory image, removed programs I don't like and upgraded to Win10. Then created a backup image of the new Win10 complete with drivers. No problems encountered so far. Installed Tomb Raider(previous one), Dota2, NFS Rivals, etc.

Weird! Now Windows say that i have 27 days left.....:rolleyes: before activation.

Well well.....

C4RN1
Level 9