cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Asus z170 and water pump header

malempic
Level 7
I have a serious problem with the work of Asus Z170 motherboard with water cooler Cooler Master Nepton 240M.

How many times a day during the war in computers, water pump header suddenly interrupted function and turn off the water pump.

This leads to overheating of the CPU and the overthrow of the system during operation.

This is a serious problem. I bought this motherboard only for "water pump header".

Whether the board is defective or there is an error in the firmware and BIOS of motherboard.

This frustrates me and I feel fraudulent.
10 REPLIES 10

Chino
Level 15

Asus Z170-A, on the motherboard are switch on XMP and TPU II
BIOS is 1602, I updated on 1702 tonight
i5 6600K - 4,4 Ghz - Automatic overclock via TPU II
8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666Mhz - work on 3000Mhz,
SSD 250 GB samsung 850 EVO + 1TB HDD
750W EVGA G2 Supernova PS
I haven't VGA card,
CM Nepton 240M is connecting via CPU fan header (2x120mm fans) and via water pump header (water pump).

Chino
Level 15
Please confirm that your pump is connected to the Water Pump header and the 2 fans are connected to the CPU fan header.

Yes, my pump is connected to the Water Pump header and the 2 fans are connected to the CPU fan header.

Chino
Level 15

When the water pump header is turned off, the CPU temperature starts to rise and the fans of cooling faster turning and make noise.
I have installed Al Suite3. When the water pump stopped, In AL Suite3 I see that the speed of water pump is 0 rpm. When the pump shuts down, and I run AIDA64 and if I go into the “sensors”, I see that there is no Header too.
I have immediately to turn off the computer, and so return to the water pump.
This happens and when a long stay in the BIOS, the water pump header is turned off.
At the beginning, everything was nice. This did not happen.
For the first time this problem happens, when I am in programu "AI SUITE3 (Fan Xpert3)" switched option "AUTO-FAN STOP" when I setting the chassis fans .
Since then he has a permanent problem, even though I repeatedly to installation and uninstallation "Al Suite3"
The only way to turn the water pump restart PC.
A few hours ago I have a new BIOS update, ver 1702. I will see how it will behave water pump. For now, everything is working OK, since I new BIOS updated.

malempic wrote:
When the pump shuts down, and I run AIDA64 and if I go into the “sensors”, I see that there is no Header too.

Hello

The header will disappear from AIDA when there seems to be no pump connected. Need to be checking the pump itself.

The pump is a right, not a problem in the pump. Remind, the problems started to happen when I was in the "AI SUITE (XpertFan3)" and set up "auto fan stop", since then the problems started. I have the impression, as there is a problem in the BIOS, as if they were setting in the Fan Xpert 3 changed something in the BIOS, which is why the water pump header off automatically. Very strange ???
Yesterday I upgraded BIOS, since then the problem with the water pump header was gone.
Tonight I'm going to test my PC. I will follow what happens, so I'll answer.
For now I keep Al Suite 3.