Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BIOS 1504

reupens
Level 7
At least for the Hero:

MAXIMUS VIII HERO BIOS 1504
Improve system stability.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_VIII_HERO/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ASUS-1504.zip
52 REPLIES 52

rickytuk
Level 10
I wish they would make a BIOS update to address the slow boot times.

baggio2121
Level 7
Does Someone test it ?

Woodmansee
Level 7
I've just installed it, so far so good. Wish it would save profiles after updating 😞

Hi. I've been wondering why tools like CPU-Z and hardware only report Core VID and not Vcore. It seems you have the same issue.

What's with these ROG boards and why won't these tools allow accurate Vcore measurements inside the O/S???

rickytuk wrote:
Hi. I've been wondering why tools like CPU-Z and hardware only report Core VID and not Vcore. It seems you have the same issue.

What's with these ROG boards and why won't these tools allow accurate Vcore measurements inside the O/S???

Try HWiNFO64, it will give you readings for the vcore and the VID. http://www.hwinfo.com/

I don't know what version of CPU-Z you're using but mine displays vcore accurately no problem. I'm using version 1.75 x64 RoG.

So, does this fix XMP profiles or do we still need to wait for that?

Lauri wrote:
So, does this fix XMP profiles or do we still need to wait for that?

XMP profiles have always, and still do work fine for me so I have no idea, sorry.

illogik wrote:
XMP profiles have always, and still do work fine for me so I have no idea, sorry.

I'd had problems with the XMP profile with my Corsair LPX 16GB at 2666Mhz, Very often, after a restart or boot up, it showed me Q-Code 55
or the typical "Overclocking Failed!"
With this new BIOS, my PC booted and started right away! y tried restarting and also a cold boot.
It seems that finally the XMP problems are Fixed!! :o:o:o

dan93xd wrote:
I'd had problems with the XMP profile with my Corsair LPX 16GB at 2666Mhz, Very often, after a restart or boot up, it showed me Q-Code 55
or the typical "Overclocking Failed!"
With this new BIOS, my PC booted and started right away! y tried restarting and also a cold boot.
It seems that finally the XMP problems are Fixed!! :o:o:o

Not for everyone. This update is the first one that made my system unbootable. After flashing this new bios, i had to use "Memory OK" button to make it boot properly, and then, enable XMP on my HyperX Fury 2400Mhz. So, not all XMP problems are fixed...