Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 229
  1. #131
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    37
    Posts
    140

    Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    In brief consider it a sort of fine-tuning for your nVidia driver/HW architecture. Optimizes some OS/drivers functions to gain the best performance (ever!). You can't expect a +10 fps in demanding games but will possibly notice a more responsive, snappy, a bit quicker (with some badly optimized games) performances.
    Nothing outstanding probably, but... hey! Why not squeezing out a bit more software-side this time if possible?

    @nab
    Just for curiosity... what's your ASUS config? You got a G751JY?
    Don't have any Asus config since while (over year), I'm only working with a Macbook+bootcamp (use to have an Alienware but gone).
    Unfortunately I have a limited budget, so I can't take back an Asus. I had my hand on an Asus desktop for a limiting time to resolve
    some Rog spark issues with desktop GPU.

  2. #132
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    9
    Posts
    100

    Quote Originally Posted by nab View Post
    Don't have any Asus config since while (over year), I'm only working with a Macbook+bootcamp (use to have an Alienware but gone).
    Unfortunately I have a limited budget, so I can't take back an Asus. I had my hand on an Asus desktop for a limiting time to resolve
    some Rog spark issues with desktop GPU.
    Why not start a donation thing to try and raise some money for a ROG laptop from people who like your work?

  3. #133
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    37
    Posts
    140

    Quote Originally Posted by Exostenza View Post
    Why not start a donation thing to try and raise some money for a ROG laptop from people who like your work?
    I don't do that, it is better this way, I never ask donation and if you want to really donate, do to someone who need to eat or find a trusting charity.
    I'm surely really far from being rich, even more in my position but I will always try to adapt myself and live with that, I can't accept any donation, because I don't know how to deal with that.

    There is other alternative, I will check the option I have, if I don't have any options, well I can try to contact some of people I know to provide sample or something (off course if a company are willing to provide me materials to help maybe), well see how it goes at the moment, it will help my work and the time I spend on that, for sure but I'm not a person that take advantage of the situation, if you know what I mean.

  4. #134
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array silverjoel07 PC Specs
    silverjoel07 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JT
    MotherboardG751J
    ProcessorI7 HQ4710 HASWEL
    Memory (part number)16 GB DDR3 1600MHZ
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 970M 3GB

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    9
    Posts
    76

    hey nab, one question...
    how can you make a tool for a specific system if you said, you don't have a ROG system "Alienware or macbook"
    I mean, how can you make this tools less deficient for our system using those laptops?

    I think you should work under a ROG platform...

  5. #135
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    37
    Posts
    140

    Quote Originally Posted by silverjoel07 View Post
    hey nab, one question...
    how can you make a tool for a specific system if you said, you don't have a ROG system "Alienware or macbook"
    I mean, how can you make this tools less deficient for our system using those laptops?

    I think you should work under a ROG platform...
    I made a mistake, I should be way more precise, when I said specific system for more efficiency, it was mainly about NVIDIA/INTEL based system, sinceI used to have an G751/Alienware that are completely different (one is optimus, the other one not) I could figure out how to improve both platform opposite platform (Optimus/Non Optimus) after testing Rog Spark on other different platform with the help of contacts that tested beta one (non rog asus, clevo, msi) and after everyone confirm me that it was enough stable, I abandonned the idea that it only for on Rog Laptop, I just added more optimization for Rog Laptop based on my previous work on the G751, this is mostly about adapting the tool to perform equally with each platform but still add more gain on Rog Laptop, non rog laptop work with Rog Spark and more recently I add the desktop support after putting my hand into a Asus G20 that add a Desktop GPU, so I could fix certain issues with GPU desktop, reason why I limited the usage of Rog Spark to Rog laptop (first revision), second one offer way more and the third will be different, this was mainly made for the Asus community, because I appreciate the support. That's why I called Rog Spark and you should know about that for having an access to the blog.

    Now the tool become more efficient because I know exactly where to look for each platform and where I can resolve issue, I just needed more time, starting with small platform and go big. It won't be deficient because like I said, it is mostly about the GPU/CPU (NVIDIA GPU, INTEL CPU/GPU) and OS System (Windows) for example the Macbook did help me to resolve certain issues on Kepler based GPU for Rog or Non Rog (that have Kepler GPU).
    Hopefully you understand what I mean.

    Also let's say that an Alienware, Clevo, MSI, Asus that share the exact same GPU arch (I can work on a MSI and provide improvement to other platform that have the same GPU arch)

    Now if I will work mostly on Rog laptop specific revision, it will only help me to understand how the entire system perform (chipset/bios/etc...) but here's is not the point, because I mainly focusing my work on GPU/CPU/OS communication/instructions.
    Last edited by nab; 03-16-2016 at 04:40 PM.

  6. #136
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array silverjoel07 PC Specs
    silverjoel07 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JT
    MotherboardG751J
    ProcessorI7 HQ4710 HASWEL
    Memory (part number)16 GB DDR3 1600MHZ
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 970M 3GB

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    9
    Posts
    76

    excellent!!! you were so clear and precise...
    thanks for your hard work.

  7. #137
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    37
    Posts
    140

    Not teasing anything, just keep you updated.
    Since Rog Spark 1.0 I was working on reducing temp, latency and not waste your GPU usage.
    From Rog Spark 1.0 to 2.0 the added value make the system more stable, more responsive, faster.
    Rog Spark 3.0 will add new refine values (since the modern GPU are way more programmable in term of computing, you can assign a little bit more
    task that will help the reduce the use of the CPU, so it can focus on different instructions)
    Also other integration, remember when they said that DX12 make cross-sli possible, this was already done before on DX10/DX11
    somehow abandonned, during this time I was working on a Hybrid Cross/SLI usage, even use the Intel GPU + AMD GPU + NVIDIA GPU
    here's I just did a fast hand graph how it work.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graph.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	56421

    Crossfire (master and slave) basically the data from the master was shared to the slave and back to the master (master do the composition and send
    to display)
    SLI (was mainly that the data was cut in half, one do the work and the second one do the same thing, you could do at the same time or
    one do the job, the other one do the other job, etc...)
    They said it is not possible to make the AMD work with NVIDIA, actually it is but it is a little complex and the game engine need to be able
    to do it.
    You see the graph, let's take example of a NVIDIA GPU + a Intel GPU, basically we say to the faster GPU to start to work, intel GPU
    only support this one, since NVIDIA is faster, it will finish the work but is going to finish this one faster than without help
    so NVIDIA start and end, let's say that the AMD could be faster, so we start with the faster GPU, data -> AMD -> INTEL help -> NVIDIA help -> AMD finish
    Basically we share a common work, so what's going after, postprocessing and go display.
    There is not problem of using this is that you need to have a deep control of each GPU and respect the kernel execution time, also engine to be able
    to do that,
    In more common called a workgroup, each GPU will need to have a specific schedule, so it won't make a conflict/fail.

    Rog Spark 3.0 will include lot of different new call that will really your system to run more and more better.
    I really need to focus on few stuff before sharing a beta of it, for now on, only experimenting something on the macbook+bootcamp and kepler
    GPU.

  8. #138
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array antoine52200 PC Specs
    antoine52200 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JT
    MotherboardASUS
    Processori7-4720HQ OC at 3.8Ghz
    Memory (part number)16Go 1600Mhz OC
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 970M OC
    OS Win10 64bits
    antoine52200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    241

    Quote Originally Posted by nab View Post
    Not teasing anything, just keep you updated.
    Since Rog Spark 1.0 I was working on reducing temp, latency and not waste your GPU usage.
    From Rog Spark 1.0 to 2.0 the added value make the system more stable, more responsive, faster.
    Rog Spark 3.0 will add new refine values (since the modern GPU are way more programmable in term of computing, you can assign a little bit more
    task that will help the reduce the use of the CPU, so it can focus on different instructions)
    Also other integration, remember when they said that DX12 make cross-sli possible, this was already done before on DX10/DX11
    somehow abandonned, during this time I was working on a Hybrid Cross/SLI usage, even use the Intel GPU + AMD GPU + NVIDIA GPU
    here's I just did a fast hand graph how it work.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graph.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	56421

    Crossfire (master and slave) basically the data from the master was shared to the slave and back to the master (master do the composition and send
    to display)
    SLI (was mainly that the data was cut in half, one do the work and the second one do the same thing, you could do at the same time or
    one do the job, the other one do the other job, etc...)
    They said it is not possible to make the AMD work with NVIDIA, actually it is but it is a little complex and the game engine need to be able
    to do it.
    You see the graph, let's take example of a NVIDIA GPU + a Intel GPU, basically we say to the faster GPU to start to work, intel GPU
    only support this one, since NVIDIA is faster, it will finish the work but is going to finish this one faster than without help
    so NVIDIA start and end, let's say that the AMD could be faster, so we start with the faster GPU, data -> AMD -> INTEL help -> NVIDIA help -> AMD finish
    Basically we share a common work, so what's going after, postprocessing and go display.
    There is not problem of using this is that you need to have a deep control of each GPU and respect the kernel execution time, also engine to be able
    to do that,
    In more common called a workgroup, each GPU will need to have a specific schedule, so it won't make a conflict/fail.

    Rog Spark 3.0 will include lot of different new call that will really your system to run more and more better.
    I really need to focus on few stuff before sharing a beta of it, for now on, only experimenting something on the macbook+bootcamp and kepler
    GPU.
    Really interesting and happy to see you going further with Rog Spark! 2.0 is working great so far but still testing every night after work!

    Will try 3.0 when available

    Thanks for sharing

  9. #139
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    492

    Okay. So I came back with a feedback...in the end.

    Two days ago I installed RoG Spark version 2.0 and the latest NVIdia Drivers 364.51. Right before doing this I cleaned/fixed/defragmented all my registries, then I ran a system integrity check with "sfc /scannow" (google this out if your interested) to be sure everything is fine. The OS had some trouble but "sfc /scannow" repaired the files and the integrity was ok in the end.
    After that, I installed RoG Spark and everything was alright. Ran the "sfc /scannow" once again and windows didn't find any integrity problems. Therefore the program doesn't mess up anything in the OS. I wrote this just to reassure some people that might have doubts about the RoG Spark Tool.


    Going on to the testing part:

    Laptop Model: RoG G751JY Model 2014 - No G-Sync, Windows 10, 4710HQ, GTX980M, 8GB Samsung RAM, SSD 250GB Samsung EVO 850

    1) Far Cry 3 : Successfully ran on 2560x1440 DSR with everything cranked up to high/ultra. No AA needed due to DSR. + I'm using NVidia Quality Upscaling in NVidia Control Panel in order to improve the DSR experience (this is what Nab said).
    The game actually seemed a little bit more responsive and it seems more fluent. I used to have some FPS drops from time to time, like a micro stutter and I didn't notice them anymore after installing RoG Spark. It might be just a placebo but I am going to verify this by using HWInfo+MSI Afterburner and some tool to interpret HWInfo's results into diagrams. But it might take some time cause I'm quite busy right now.


    2) GTA V: Successfully ran on 1920x1080 native resolution with most settings set to very high. For this one I can't say that I saw an improvement. I still have some FPS drops from 60 to like 50 in certain areas, but this is mostly something related to the game itself and not to how well the GPU performs. I will also check the difference With and Without RoG Spark for GTA V when I have the time.


    Conclusion: I had no issues with RoG Spark until now and it seems to have a positive effect. I will look more into this and hopefully I can come up with some tangible results from my comparisons.

    PS: I will not look for any FPS increase as I run most of my games on 60FPS cap. But I will look for CPU/GPU Usage percentage, temperatures, FPS drops or FPS stability (like the ones from GTA V) and this is mostly what I could think of when coming to RoG Spark Improvements.

    Thanks nab once again !
    Last edited by NitroX; 03-17-2016 at 08:02 PM.

  10. #140
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    i noticed a 10 fps gain in h1z1 .. not in the good area , its the same , but when i walk into big city , i have fps drops like crazy .. from 65 fps to down low 35 fps .. now it never dip under 45 ... didnt noticed anything else so far . but still good i guess !!

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •