Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

hexaae

First l'm going to remind everybody that there is no virus, trojan, mineblabla, etc...on Rog Spark, I don't see the point of doing this
    and a lot of people count me for that, I also use my real name, again I don't see the point and I think this is stupid.

Second there is many reason why NVIDIA doesn't document certain functions, I won't argue on that, I just tell you that
    you shouldn't mess with them, this is not only registry keys as you say, this are also important call functions. If you think
    they do nothing more, you have really no idea, the fact that those call function are crippled inside the drivers itself and that
    there all of them complex process, you can't just look at them like normal settings, they are not settings, again this is
    low-level call function.

Basically the kernel will read the value name that come with a defaultvalue and invoke the linked function and say that you need to work like that.
    Again you better not mess with them, there is a reason why I defined specific values for them and why I don't use some of them, most of them
    are undocumented, even some of the closest dev to NVIDIA don't know them, take a look at the nouveau drivers on Linux, you will find that NVIDIA
    doesn't help them and that most of the nouveau drivers was build around reverse engineering of the NVIDIA drivers
    This is not an experimentation, this is not finding the best benign config, this is not playing around, I take my time on this because I push Rog Spark to offer the best stability/performance possible, this include understand each of call function, for that I need to have a deeper look at different process, like I said they are complex, I need to monitor how the kernel drivers/kernel subsystem deal together (ping pong), what it exactly affect, etc... it is a lot of work for a one man, but I use to work like that, learn 3D engine/physics/algorithm/kernel etc...

I already say what happen after and already explain what Rog Spark do, those new entry help the system to behave in a better way but if you try to edit some of them, to be honest I won't help you, because like I said this is hours hours of work and understand different algorithm/render path/code/debugging/reverse engineering, messing with on value can offer you a blackscreen.

Registry it is really an important part of Windows that help your system to run properly.

Control maniacs/Users don't need to be worried about system stability, because again is the main point of Rog Spark, offer what NVIDIA doesn't offer, if users read between the lines, they will understand exactly what it does. But let's go repeat again, you not forced to use Rog Spark and if you want to try, it is easy to remove it and won't affect any change, Rog Spark include defined values for important process that need those value to work properly, there is certain region of the registry affected by those value, DXGKrnl (aka DirectX Graphics Kernel, also include DXGI DirectX Graphics infrastructure), nvlddmkm (aka nvidia longhorn driver display model, km stand for kernel mode, sometime km can stand for kernel manager with Km) (there is also the igfx = Intel GPU) etc..

So please don't mess with the values if you don't know exactly what they involve. Thank you
    Last edited by nab; 03-20-2016 at 10:38 AM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

I have no prob with ROG Spark. You took me wrong...
    After all nVidia is used to do many "hacks", and even for Windows there are some registry tweaks that sometimes can help so I have no difficulty to accept that changing some reserved nVidia drivers registry keys can result in better performance.
    It was just for clarity's sake since I noticed it did add those registry entries, and because I'm a skilled Windows user...

Keep up the good work!

P.S.
    It's "hexaae"
    Last edited by hexaae; 03-20-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Hexaae

NVIDIA nor AMD didn't do any hacks, they just improved the render path and way to save a little performance, most users accused them of
    hacking due to some wrong way to deal with shaders (surface/object/texturing) for example look better on AMD and ugly on NVIDIA but mostly is dependent of the engine itself, if devs in general doesn't include a way to understand parallel algorithm in general, the final render/post proc will be altered. So basically users call that hacks when is not.

Those are not registry tweaks but new string/name value not defined into the users-space by the NVIDIA drivers but known by the kernel one, they are linked to specific call function. There is high-level function and low-level function. Let's say that the control panel/nvapi etc.. is the high-level function (Get,Set), while the low-function define what the high-level function will do.

Let's say I want to invoke a function (high-level) blabla.run (), blabla.set (), blabla.end(), now what happen with low-level, read.run (), check.run (ignore, valid, invalidate), apply value (), change process (), valid process(), set process(), return process (), end process (), destroy run ().

Basically high-level is a simplified language (human point), while low-level is a complex language (machine point).

Those name value are visible to your registry for certain reasons because I add them but in general you won't see them because they are not available in your NVIDIA user-space, no matter how much your are windows (skilled) , it doesn't change that is low-level call function that as nothing to do with tweak registry, they are mainly here as valuename/string to set and valid the execution of a low-level call function with defined value to be take in consideration in kernel mode. Those change are not reserved to the NVIDIA drivers but to the entire system itself, mainly the hardware to the software part.

Concerning clarity, I already explained many time what the change do and which change are made, I don't explain where exactly they are made, this can be know easily (I'm talking where the value are added not the work behind), this is because like that no one mess with them, reason why I make a simplified setup for that, so like that everything remain safe. I won't and would never do anything against users in general, I'm going to repeat that I don't understand why I will do that, even more under real name and this is the reason why I put it to trust my work, no to say look what I've done but look what can be done to help users.

It is also to maintain stable update. I know people doubt about this and how this work but please guys read between the lines, if it as something to do with a application that you click and choose, I will say it but this is like let say, an alternative driver (or top layer or module driver) it work with Intel GPU, Intel CPU, NVIDIA GPU, All Windows to behave the best way.

Of course Rog Spark won't change the 3D engine or the application itself to work better but mainly give the keys to the 3D engine/Application/System to deal together better.
    Last edited by nab; 03-20-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Rog Spark 3.0 should be available this evening or tomorrow morning.
    At the moment everything seem pretty stable, there is still few things that I need to verify.
    And I would make it available, Rog Spark 3.0 is better and major update than previous one .

Take care

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array antoine52200 PC Specs
    antoine52200 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JT
    MotherboardASUS
    Processori7-4720HQ OC at 3.8Ghz
    Memory (part number)16Go 1600Mhz OC
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 970M OC
    OS Win10 64bits

Quote Originally Posted by nab View Post
    At the moment everything seem pretty stable, there is still few things that I need to verify.
    And I would make it available, Rog Spark 3.0 is better and major update than previous one .

Take care
    Great can't wait to try it out! it will give me a reason to update my Nvidia driver..

Thanks Nab

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

Quote Originally Posted by nab View Post

Take care
    We're eager to test it...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array silverjoel07 PC Specs
    silverjoel07 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JT
    MotherboardG751J
    ProcessorI7 HQ4710 HASWEL
    Memory (part number)16 GB DDR3 1600MHZ
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 970M 3GB

waiting for hours!!!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by silverjoel07 View Post
    waiting for hours!!!
    Don't panic. Nab said "should be available" . If it won't be today, it will certainly be tomorrow or the day after. He might just have something else to do since it is Sunday .

ROG Member Array

its not letting me finish the download. when i restart my computer the program doesnt show up any help?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ZIXEL PC Specs
    ZIXEL PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G551jw
    Motherboardg551 HM86 chipset
    Processori7 4720HQ
    Memory (part number)2133 , 16gb g.skill ripjaws ddr3
    Graphics Card #1Intel HD Graphics 4600
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia 960m 4gb OC
    Sound CardRealtek ALC668
    MonitorViewsonic XG2701 144hz
    Storage #11TB , 7200
    Storage #2MydigitalSSD 128gb msta mini