Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    LOL
    Are you serious?
    With my intervention I only proved that nab's work is safe (for those afraid it was a virus-kind exe) and to calm down hostility I simply pointed out that he tweaked some undocumented (?) driver keys in the registry: in brief I added some transparency where nab was vague to reassure people and better understand what his work does in our systems...
    I thank you for your last word: I admit I might have read the comments to quick to judge, although I still think that one can understand your previous comments the other way around.
    now that you've clearly stated your intention, I fully agree with you and I apologize if I offended you.

What i'm trying to say, basically, is one of the core ideas that I try to convey in many comments in many threads:
    Some threads should be left for technical talk/bug reports etc... and any "free talk" or that anyone who wants to express his/her "feelings" should leave them in ANOTHER thread, thus making possible for a developers, a place where a serious talk can take place.
    I'm ashamed that the ROG administrators haven't understood the need for that kind of sub-forum yet, as at least the G751 sub-forum, in my opinion, is built for "general" "small talk" mainly.
    There is a HUGE difference between what ASUS advertise about their product ( that they're "mature", "professional" ) and how they administrate the ROG forums.

@praz & the rest of ASUS ROG forum administration:
    i'm highly disappointed in you, that you ignore the need of the many users to have a "development \ COMPUTER MAINTENANCE" sub-forum, that should be dedicated for R&D discussion ONLY as any of the 99% of the ROG forums is already about Q&A/Help/Troubleshooting/news/announcements/specific game debates.

I wish to tell you that the the main reason that i'm no longer writing any guides for the benefits of the community is because the G751 sub-forum is far from being a place where a serious talk can take place.
    nowadays, when I visit the G751 sub-forum, I think that i'm surrounded with kindergarten kids.

I think that the lack of administration action is what causes serious people to get away from the ROG's products, as people nowadays not only looking for a quality product but also a reach community that can hack/mod/develop and enrich the product beyond the advertised original goals of the developing company.

thus, PLEASE ALLOW SERIOUS DEVELOPMENT/COMPUTER MAINTENANCE DEBATES AROUND ROG FORUMS, SEPARATED FROM THE "GENERAL SMALL TALK" THAT CAN BE FOUND ANYWHERE IN THIS FORUM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

No offense but nab has said he quits like 4 times already and yet each time he came back after a while, begged to do so by everyone...
    Now he says he stops again. That's getting boring...

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

@Gps3dx:
    Praz doesn't dictate the forum layout. (neither do I, for the record). This is an ASUS decision and currently the forum is moving toward consolidation rather than proliferation of sub-forums.
    Also, this thread is a discussion thread for nab's software. If you want to champion a layout change please discuss it in the ROG events and Promotions section:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisp...amp-Promotions
    That sub-forum is also intended for site discussion.

Thanks
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array DeltaActual's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigDRim View Post
    No offense but nab has said he quits like 4 times already and yet each time he came back after a while, begged to do so by everyone...
    Now he says he stops again. That's getting boring...
    no offense??? useless trolls like yerself, that want to dump on anyone in their internet range, needs to be gone. Clean it up, admins.
    Nab! Please advice: internet is a nasty place at times. If you have so many little haters - then you are doing something right)
    Remember - most of us are with you and supporting you!
    Cheers
    GL704GW

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Skeptics do have the right to be skeptic but really there is too much bad emotions involved now. And I mean both sides (I will explain it below).

Please respect each other.

I respect JustinThyme - he has good rights to doubt in ROG Spark effectiveness and the reasoning given by nab.
    I respect nab - he did a lot of good things to the community in past few years (g-tools, etc.) and definitely is 'censored' by Nvidia so he is deliberately NOT explaining in details how his modifications are actually functioning.

Please also respect others who simply want to understand in details how the ROG Spark is working...

But actually here are mine 2 cents/story now:
    I was using g-tools and NF-tools too (predecessor of ROG Spark). The first one was OK and G-sync was working in ‘windowed full screen borderless’ mode only... But definitely the later NF-tools (no g-tools installed) were pure placebo effect in my case (as after few days I have discovered that in my case 99% of the effect was done due to increasing of the refresh rate of the G751JY monitor from 60Hz to 75Hz or 100Hz +o using NF-tools there was still tearing and stuttering). I started to report (in good will) the results to find any proves/gains and new tools to test. I posted hard evidences that in my case NF-tools were NOT working as advertised by nab (at different games, benchmarks) including the 'sanitization' procedures how it has been installed and what is set to give the proper background for any comparisons, etc... asking nab to deliver some/any testing procedures that are proving any gains of his NF tools… Then few days later nab just accused some unknown people to be unthankful, etc... and just shut down his site with a BIG BANG...

Few months later nab released the ROG Spark (at this very ROG forum site). This time I and probably more of us have deliberately restrained (until now) of commenting here and asking ‘unthankful’ questions as ROG Spark is 99,9% NF-tools… however here we go again – the same sad story and the ending drama. SORRY.

So really now I have no clue who is right, JustinThyme or nab?
    Is ROG Spark impacting the system? Yes (negative proves are present). But is it working as expected? And no placebo effect? I do not know. I have lost confidence in nab during the previous NF tools drama… So I DID NOT installed ROG Spark YET waiting for the final outcome... And we have now the same outcome as with NF-tools - just for your consideration.

I really do not know how it will go further. The other fact is that nab’s work can be easily blocked by Nvidia... IMHO by simply unregistering not "authorized" keys by Nvida future drivers or GeForce Experience, etc… so it will not last long…

Best regards to all.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    @Gps3dx:
    Praz doesn't dictate the forum layout. (neither do I, for the record). This is an ASUS decision and currently the forum is moving toward consolidation rather than proliferation of sub-forums.
    Also, this thread is a discussion thread for nab's software. If you want to champion a layout change please discuss it in the ROG events and Promotions section:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisp...amp-Promotions
    That sub-forum is also intended for site discussion.
    Thanks
    Thank you for the disclosure of administration responsibility between you, as I didn't know that.
    As there is a neat section for "layout changes", I think that the administration should allow only development/error/bug/benchmark reports in this unique thread, as it is dedicated for nab's RogSpark.
    any conspiracy, non related DEVELOPMENT replies should be removed, as they're OFF TOPIC.

My hope that you'll enforce such an approach in this specific thread, and in any other thread that the talk there gone rogue.
    I understand that it is impossible for you to start to read any thread out there... but it will give me consolation to know that if a user reports to the administration about off-topic & "not helping for the cause of the thread" posts, you'll wipe them clean.

I think that nab and many others including me, will be happy to contribute more to this community if our threads will stay on-topic. it might help to raise our moral for for trying to write a "library of knowledge" about a thread's topic.
    I think that at least, @nab deserve this.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array DeltaActual's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctrum View Post
    Skeptics do have the right to be skeptic but really there is too much bad emotions involved now. And I mean both sides (I will explain it below).

Please respect each other.

I respect JustinThyme - he has good rights to doubt in ROG Spark effectiveness and the reasoning given by nab.
    I respect nab - he did a lot of good things to the community in past few years (g-tools, etc.) and definitely is 'censored' by Nvidia so he is deliberately NOT explaining in details how his modifications are actually functioning.

Please also respect others who simply want to understand in details how the ROG Spark is working...

But actually here are mine 2 cents/story now:
    I was using g-tools and NF-tools too (predecessor of ROG Spark). The first one was OK and G-sync was working in ‘windowed full screen borderless’ mode only... But definitely the later NF-tools (no g-tools installed) were pure placebo effect in my case (as after few days I have discovered that in my case 99% of the effect was done due to increasing of the refresh rate of the G751JY monitor from 60Hz to 75Hz or 100Hz +o using NF-tools there was still tearing and stuttering). I started to report (in good will) the results to find any proves/gains and new tools to test. I posted hard evidences that in my case NF-tools were NOT working as advertised by nab (at different games, benchmarks) including the 'sanitization' procedures how it has been installed and what is set to give the proper background for any comparisons, etc... asking nab to deliver some/any testing procedures that are proving any gains of his NF tools… Then few days later nab just accused some unknown people to be unthankful, etc... and just shut down his site with a BIG BANG...

Few months later nab released the ROG Spark (at this very ROG forum site). This time I and probably more of us have deliberately restrained (until now) of commenting here and asking ‘unthankful’ questions as ROG Spark is 99,9% NF-tools… however here we go again – the same sad story and the ending drama. SORRY.

So really now I have no clue who is right, JustinThyme or nab?
    Is ROG Spark impacting the system? Yes (negative proves are present). But is it working as expected? And no placebo effect? I do not know. I have lost confidence in nab during the previous NF tools drama… So I DID NOT installed ROG Spark YET waiting for the final outcome... And we have now the same outcome as with NF-tools - just for your consideration.

I really do not know how it will go further. The other fact is that nab’s work can be easily blocked by Nvidia... IMHO by simply unregistering not "authorized" keys by Nvida future drivers or GeForce Experience, etc… so it will not last long…

Best regards to all.
    Interesting, You've pretty much answered your own questions right there with Nvidia, yet, you didn't apply logic to come to some kind of conclusion. Are you supporting Nab and his work? Are you against it? Maybe if some of us here will stop being a jerks - we can have this project go further?
    Last edited by DeltaActual; 03-21-2016 at 09:21 PM.
    GL704GW

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Dreamonic's Avatar

No matter where you go in life, there will always be those who are with you and those who are against you. The type of person you are decides which group you belong too. So pick one and stay there!

If Nab wants to do things his own way and you don't like it, then don't use ROG SPARK. Deal with it! I NEVER understood that argument since the choice is entirely yours! This could go way out of context with anything in everyday life too, not just with this!

So, then that should be the end of it but it's not! If people are so worried about what else it does, then do the digging on your own terms as hexaae did and educate yourself a little bit if it means that much to you. I say good for you for doing that!

As some people do here, pointing the finger and accusing someone of wrongful intentions, regardless of their past, present or even future, never allows positive growth from it if the mentality is always backlash! You can't believe everything you read either unless YOU, yes you, do the research yourself or trust someone on theirs! Enough said there! ENOUGH!

The problem with the forum is age group! Having a sub-forum dedicated to adult-like talk on important development matters is definitely a must! Again though, you can't control everyone or everything as that puts a bad name on the forum too if you're constantly banning or warning people because of their opinions all the time. It prevents free thinking and that's where ideas are born! Learn to take a negative experience and flip it into a positive one!

I don't find malicious intentions with Nab. There might be secrecy to his findings but again, if you aren't using ROG SPARK and will never use it but want to assume there's more to it than meets the eye, then play the other role and prove it to yourself by doing that research! Especially if it makes your blood boil that much that all you see is red with it, because if that wasn't true (you know who you are) then your opinions on Nab or ROG SPARK wouldn't be so expressive and determined to find fault with it!

Anyway,

Since everyone has their own way of life, their own code and philosophy they follow, expressing ACCEPTANCE from something without fully understanding it ALSO creates controversy with others too. Which is why this thread should be locked until Nab is back until he decides to reopen it again.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well for those who need documentation of ROG spark effects on a laptop here you go. Rather simple and limited research I did on the 3dMark11 results:

No ROG SPARK

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clean without.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	56515

ROG SPARK 1.0

Name:	clean with 1.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	56516

ROG SPARK 2.0

Name:	clean with 2.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	56517

ROG SPARK 3.0

Name:	clean with 3.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	56518

So its up for you to decide wether you need it or not. As for myself I can only thank Nab.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post
    any conspiracy, non related DEVELOPMENT replies should be removed, as they're OFF TOPIC.
    I disagree that skepticism is off topic. If someone presents the users here with a black box I support the ability of our members to question why and how that black box does what it does. Just because some users don't feel the need to question does not mean others should be prevented from doing so.

That does not include unsupported accusations of malice though. It seems the idea of malicious code was presented more as a "what if", but it's borderline character assassination. There are probably better and less accusatory ways to question the unpredictable consequences of undocumented and unreviewed code.

I do agree that the heated manner in which the skepticism was leveled is inappropriate. If you believe someone should be more forthcoming there is no reason you can't be polite in asking questions or presenting contrary evidence. Aggression accomplishes nothing other than putting people on the defensive and making you look like a jerk.

I'm disappointed in the way everyone has handled this but I'm not prepared to sweep it under the rug as if nothing happened. Once you post something you own it and your character will be judged for it . . . just as I believe and accept that I am to be judged for everything that I post. Nobody is above it.
    Last edited by xeromist; 03-21-2016 at 11:07 PM.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast