Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

To the people trying to bench and say that ROG Spark isn't worth it or doing anything. Nab said this was NOT for extra performance when it comes to FPS or benchmark numbers but for a smoother game experience. The difference I have fond is that my games are a lot more smooth at the same FPS. Try it out for yourself... actually try playing your games instead of just benching and saying it does nothing.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H (310)
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

Quote Originally Posted by Exostenza View Post
    To the people trying to bench and say that ROG Spark isn't worth it or doing anything. Nab said this was NOT for extra performance when it comes to FPS or benchmark numbers but for a smoother game experience. The difference I have fond is that my games are a lot more smooth at the same FPS. Try it out for yourself... actually try playing your games instead of just benching and saying it does nothing.
    Hi, what games?
    Please report games, HW (including SSD or not) and drivers in use.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H (310)
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

Tested Luxmark x64 3.1 OpenCL benchmark demo and (only) with ROG Spark installed it causes TDR (="You video driver has stopped working...").
    http://www.luxmark.info/

Driver 364.51 WHQL, specs in signature (or on the left under my name)
    Last edited by hexaae; 03-22-2016 at 09:20 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post

Now, being ON-Topic...
    for anyone that share his/her benchmarks... can you please report your laptop model/HW ( cpu/ram size ), winver, nvidia driver version ?
    You can find it all. Just browse the in-detailed results at the links I provided few post before.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Doesn't change anything, I won't update ROG Spark for now on, It is my choice, my own decision.
    Like I said to someone quote this French citation "Le beurre, l'argent du beurre et le sourire de la crémiere" if you are
    clever enough to understand machine code, you are clever enough to learn human code, I learn English by myself,
    so you should be able to understand this citation (or use translator if you want).

Refering a value name as a reg tweak, it is also the wrong way to understand how it work.

There is no secret and I guess you are a blind enough to install Windows, NVIDIA Drivers or any other related software part.
    You are blind enough to trust what have inside your hardware/system take in consideration the specs sheet provided
    by the brand itself. Etc.

Is not about accepting the facts that this is a third party software, is about not accepting how come this guy come and provide
    what I can't do and can't not understand. Teach yourself, learn, it is the solution to understand deeply the process behind the software
    and the hardware.

Again no secret, I clearly mentioned since the beginning where the modification are made and what they do, what about re-read again
    there is not fps gain, it could be possible but that is under certain conditions.
    I say and I repeat, ROG Spark was made to help to avoid crash/issues/throttling/stutter/lag etc... and offer better performance/stability/communication between the software and hardware, facilitate data transition without any hicup, provide
    better temp, better GPU usage, stable OC etc...
    It create a better connection between Engine <-> Software <-> hardware.

Ask yourself, do G-sync/VR/3D etc.. provide you better performance ? it provide you different experience, not better performance.
    ROG Spark is not a common tool, you have mostly third party software that are based on the NVAPI SDK, ROG Spark is a work
    around kernel/hal (software/hardware control)
    Ping pong effect, the Engine communicate to API, API/Library to Kernel/HAL to Hardware under a certain time this time
    is linked to a scheduler/sync, data transite, is like you going to buy a ticket to take the metro, while other go faster by
    having a montly pass, they already win precious min without any hicup, with you insert you ticket is slower than show the pass
    that let you open the door.

Is like 2 guys, using the same car, same engine but using a different pilot, one is a pro pilot and the other an amateur pilot.
    This is pure example of how to improve process in general, we inform the system how to do it and when to do it, how much
    thread, how much task attribute, how much priority etc...
    Like I said for that, you put your hand inside deeply inside the machine code to find what you want, In a way
    I'm actually documenting you the available value name that is possible to use when it was not possible to see them, there
    no third party software able to see more far than the limit put by NVAPI or userspace.

To quote you (your PM) and you repeat again in public, no problem.
    Never mind. Too quick reply...
    Ignore Events error: was related to a nvidia driver crash due to testing its OpenCL (poor) features through the benchmark: http://www.luxmark.info/

Here's my answer.
    [Luxmark 3.0, Windows 10 TH2] Display driver stopped responding while running benchmark LuxBall HDR

It is a know issue not related to ROG Spark, you also accused ROG Spark of power outage and told me false alarm.
    This is the reason why I won't argue and why I won't comment, too quick without proper research. You can ask without
    often attacking the work or the person, there is not problem about critic, no accepting or don't want to use, I can understand
    but there is a way to say it and there is way to respect the person in front of you.

Is like going to scream at your employer a better salary.

To answer to a certain person accusing me of disappear on previous page, there is a different between disappear and work calm under a certain
    privacy, so your keep focus on the most important, I have a life, I have the right to choose whether or not I continue, this is my own choice, I don't choose for you, you don't choose for me, you don't judge under the pretext that I retired public work because I wanted to continue this under calm, now if you are not happy with my decision, I can't do nothing for you but I'm going to repeat again and again, I have the right to stop.

Thank you

P.S: I repeat for now on, no more updates, there is enough problem around the word and more important things in my life
    I don't want to waste my time dealing with own appreciation, sorry, I know is internet, I know I've been there since while
    but we are not robot without emotions, it's easy to say, let's accept everything or let's be bad at everything.

I say it, I was the first one to calm everybody about what happen with Asus/NVIDIA, first to try to provide a solution, first
    to say this is possible, first to work on this to help, I will not be the first to left
    and will be the last to stand.
    You don't like me or hate me, you have the right to do it
    Last edited by nab; 03-22-2016 at 10:46 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Exostenza View Post
    Sure, please provide the tool how to measure this smoothness experience - but also real in game 1:1 comparison (not each time different gameplay).
    I doubt there is any reliable tool except FCAT that actually needs extra expensive hardware to measure and to finally prove the 'smoothness experience' or lack of it. Only few can afford it... and fewer know how to use it. And do not write about FRAPS as it is a joke... FRAPS is NOT measuring/recording what actually is beeing displayed at the monitor as it is recording only FPS at ONE specific point at rendering pipeline (between game engine and DirectX), not mentioning FRAPS sometimes interferes with the game engine adding extra stuttering and fps drops. You need FCAT to measure the entire rendering pipeline (engine -> DirectX -> GPU driver -> GPU render -> GPU display).

Also have you followed the same story at previous nab's site? It's all the same except this time nab just revised (shortened) the list of benefits of the tool... And he is no longer writing here about FPS, g-sync/free-sync, etc… but ‘smoothness and stability’. So OK, now there is no FPS gain… I can live with that. But without actually measuring the 'smoothness effect' it might be the placebo as it was in my case.
    Last edited by Sanctrum; 03-22-2016 at 11:13 AM.

People who followed my work know I never talked about FPS gain ? so please don't add a new story on top of what I said.
    I talked about G-sync/Freesync, I said I will provide an alternative and what happen know, ROG Spark,
    ROG include directives that help frame transition. What about you read properly the changelog.

Now if you can't understand the notion of what I details on the thread or previously detailled, just move on.
    You where so happy to use G-tools previously, complaining at ASUS of not offering G-sync for free, now you are thanking them for upgrade program ?

I guess you don't know exactly what you want, if it is free, you complain, if you need to pay you complain and if you don't understand you complain.

You free to think what you want, yes it is a placebo effect or whatever you can call it. Doesn't change the fact that at this point
    there is thousand of users using it, rarely people come to say in public it work good for them, there is mainly the minority part of
    people who will complain about this not working, of course there could be problem here or here but not the one you think and not even
    related to bad judgement.

I receive offer that I refused for specific reasons, ROG Spark also resolved big issues for certain issues and even here,
    somebody had a problem with CPU Core 0 being unstable after installing ROG Spark it resolved the problem, there is also
    this one guy who contacted me that often have blackscreen/crash/free after long hours of games, he did everything
    and it work a big video games company, he thanks me for fixing the entire problem by installer ROG Spark,
    so yes there is people out there that are really happy, there is people out there not happy, this is the world
    we are living but the world doesn't turn only for you, you know.

Take care
    Last edited by nab; 03-22-2016 at 11:23 AM.

FCAT is a frame capture tool. It won't help anything.
    Second you want to measure but you will have probably no idea of the results behind this.
    You don't measure (if you know what you are doing), again this is not what you think it is
    you monitor tasks/events/schedule, etc... (after and before ROG Spark) <- this will show you where to look to prove the gain of ROG Spark.
    ROG Spark provide defined values ! I'm going to repeat a last time, don't argue on something you don't know.

You want to know the tool I use for that ? IDA, Process Monitor (Windows official tool), Debugging tool box (Windows official tool), NSight (NVIDIA tools),
    Intel SDK (that include important document to help), ollydbg, Cuda toolkit, Inno Setup (to write code/script) and make my own setup.

I'm analysing library that come with each drivers revision, if those as been updated, analysing and monitor kernel system/sub system and drivers
    if any process change to help me where to look to avoid unnecessary events/tasks and attribute new directives that will help the system to find
    faster what he need or execute.

Last intervention on my side. I won't repeat myself anymore.

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    This thread is dedicated for the development of the ROG Spark tool, for all non-testing related feedback, please post it somewhere else or private message the person instead. Let's keep this thread free of unnecessary gibberish or pointless arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by nab View Post
    Doesn't change anything, I won't update ROG Spark for now on, It is my choice, my own decision.
    Like I said to someone quote this French citation "Le beurre, l'argent du beurre et le sourire de la crémiere" if you are
    clever enough to understand machine code, you are clever enough to learn human code, I learn English by myself,
    so you should be able to understand this citation (or use translator if you want).

Refering a value name as a reg tweak, it is also the wrong way to understand how it work.

There is no secret and I guess you are a blind enough to install Windows, NVIDIA Drivers or any other related software part.
    You are blind enough to trust what have inside your hardware/system take in consideration the specs sheet provided
    by the brand itself. Etc.

Is not about accepting the facts that this is a third party software, is about not accepting how come this guy come and provide
    what I can't do and can't not understand. Teach yourself, learn, it is the solution to understand deeply the process behind the software
    and the hardware.

Again no secret, I clearly mentioned since the beginning where the modification are made and what they do, what about re-read again
    there is not fps gain, it could be possible but that is under certain conditions.
    I say and I repeat, ROG Spark was made to help to avoid crash/issues/throttling/stutter/lag etc... and offer better performance/stability/communication between the software and hardware, facilitate data transition without any hicup, provide
    better temp, better GPU usage, stable OC etc...
    It create a better connection between Engine <-> Software <-> hardware.

Ask yourself, do G-sync/VR/3D etc.. provide you better performance ? it provide you different experience, not better performance.
    ROG Spark is not a common tool, you have mostly third party software that are based on the NVAPI SDK, ROG Spark is a work
    around kernel/hal (software/hardware control)
    Ping pong effect, the Engine communicate to API, API/Library to Kernel/HAL to Hardware under a certain time this time
    is linked to a scheduler/sync, data transite, is like you going to buy a ticket to take the metro, while other go faster by
    having a montly pass, they already win precious min without any hicup, with you insert you ticket is slower than show the pass
    that let you open the door.

Is like 2 guys, using the same car, same engine but using a different pilot, one is a pro pilot and the other an amateur pilot.
    This is pure example of how to improve process in general, we inform the system how to do it and when to do it, how much
    thread, how much task attribute, how much priority etc...
    Like I said for that, you put your hand inside deeply inside the machine code to find what you want, In a way
    I'm actually documenting you the available value name that is possible to use when it was not possible to see them, there
    no third party software able to see more far than the limit put by NVAPI or userspace.

To quote you (your PM) and you repeat again in public, no problem.
    Never mind. Too quick reply...
    Ignore Events error: was related to a nvidia driver crash due to testing its OpenCL (poor) features through the benchmark: http://www.luxmark.info/

Here's my answer.
    [Luxmark 3.0, Windows 10 TH2] Display driver stopped responding while running benchmark LuxBall HDR

It is a know issue not related to ROG Spark, you also accused ROG Spark of power outage and told me false alarm.
    This is the reason why I won't argue and why I won't comment, too quick without proper research. You can ask without
    often attacking the work or the person, there is not problem about critic, no accepting or don't want to use, I can understand
    but there is a way to say it and there is way to respect the person in front of you.

Is like going to scream at your employer a better salary.

To answer to a certain person accusing me of disappear on previous page, there is a different between disappear and work calm under a certain
    privacy, so your keep focus on the most important, I have a life, I have the right to choose whether or not I continue, this is my own choice, I don't choose for you, you don't choose for me, you don't judge under the pretext that I retired public work because I wanted to continue this under calm, now if you are not happy with my decision, I can't do nothing for you but I'm going to repeat again and again, I have the right to stop.

Thank you

P.S: I repeat for now on, no more updates, there is enough problem around the word and more important things in my life
    I don't want to waste my time dealing with own appreciation, sorry, I know is internet, I know I've been there since while
    but we are not robot without emotions, it's easy to say, let's accept everything or let's be bad at everything.

I say it, I was the first one to calm everybody about what happen with Asus/NVIDIA, first to try to provide a solution, first
    to say this is possible, first to work on this to help, I will not be the first to left
    and will be the last to stand.
    You don't like me or hate me, you have the right to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by nab View Post
    FCAT is a frame capture tool. It won't help anything.
    Second you want to measure but you will have probably no idea of the results behind this.
    You don't measure (if you know what you are doing), again this is not what you think it is
    you monitor tasks/events/schedule, etc... (after and before ROG Spark) <- this will show you where to look to prove the gain of ROG Spark.
    ROG Spark provide defined values ! I'm going to repeat a last time, don't argue on something you don't know.

You want to know the tool I use for that ? IDA, Process Monitor (Windows official tool), Debugging tool box (Windows official tool), NSight (NVIDIA tools),
    Intel SDK (that include important document to help), ollydbg, Cuda toolkit, Inno Setup (to write code/script) and make my own setup.

I'm analysing library that come with each drivers revision, if those as been updated, analysing and monitor kernel system/sub system and drivers
    if any process change to help me where to look to avoid unnecessary events/tasks and attribute new directives that will help the system to find
    faster what he need or execute.

Last intervention on my side. I won't repeat myself anymore.
    At the Request of the Admin please "keep this thread free of unnecessary gibberish or pointless arguments"

Apparently this person doesn't want to understand.
    Admin or moderator, please you can close this thread, thank you

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast