cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1504 BIOS - 4.6 Ghz OC > 4.9 Ghz

sgtboost
Level 7
FWIW, I upgraded my Formula to the latest BIOS. In doing so, it wiped the OC profile I had. (Why does it do that?) I re-ran the AI Suite tuner and it now got me up to a 4.9Ghz OC versus the 4.6Ghz it did before.
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
Because a lot goes behind the scene in BIOS updates. Profiles saved on one revision will not carry over too well on newer revisions.

Nate152
Hello sgtboost

Congrats on 4.9GHz, I have the maximus viii formula with the 6700k and the best I can do is 4.8GHz. What are your temps and voltage at 4.9GHz?

Updating the bios clears all overclock profiles.

I had to bump it down to 4.8Ghz. At 4.9, Battlefront would crash the system after awhile.

sgtboost wrote:
I had to bump it down to 4.8Ghz. At 4.9, Battlefront would crash the system after awhile.

The best way to run the tuning software is to select the AVX and memory stress test for the platform. That provides a safe fallback two ratios under the failed OC. The options in the advanced tuning page of the software are there to be used...

Raja@ASUS wrote:
The best way to run the tuning software is to select the AVX and memory stress test for the platform. That provides a safe fallback two ratios under the failed OC. The options in the advanced tuning page of the software are there to be used...

Good tip - thanks Raja.