paulzero PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Ranger
    Processori7 6700k
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce 970
    CPU CoolerHyper 212 EVO
    CaseThor V2

Maxiums VIII Ranger - dreaded q-code 00

Hi all,

I was very excited about my new build this weekend. Spent Sunday afternoon removing old parts from my case, cleaning it out, and installing my new parts.

But upon first boot, I got q-code 00 on the motherboard. The CPU fan comes on, but nothing else. I've removed EVERYTHING from the motherboard except the CPU and cooler. Nothing. I've tried a different PSU. Nothing. Reset CMOS. Nothing. I've updated the BIOS with EZ Flash. Nothing. Removed and re-seated the cooler/fan. Nothing. Checked the pins and CPU itself. Nothing.

Do I need to RMA this motherboard? Or possibly the CPU?

Specs:

i7 6700k
    Maximus VIII Ranger
    G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3000 (I actually have two sets of these for a total of 32gb)
    Hyper 212 EVO cooler
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970
    Samsung 850 SSD
    Raidmax RX-850AE PSU
    Rosewill THOR V2 case

I've built about 20 systems in my day, many of them with ASUS boards (some Gigabyte), and this is the first time I've ever had a system not POST on the first try.
    Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just to tell me "yep, you need to RMA."

Thanks!
    Last edited by paulzero; 03-07-2016 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Added detail about my RAM

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Put the motherboard on top of the cardboard box that it came in. Proceed to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins.

New ROGer Array paulzero PC Specs
    paulzero PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Ranger
    Processori7 6700k
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce 970
    CPU CoolerHyper 212 EVO
    CaseThor V2

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Put the motherboard on top of the cardboard box that it came in. Proceed to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins.
    Thanks! I did give the pins & CPU a cursory once-over, but nothing I would call "thorough." I'll do that this evening. Does a bent or missing pin warrant an RMA or is that something I can fix myself?