cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeps rebooting into BIOS

OrchidSurf
Level 7
Hi,
My first problem is computer won't shut down completely I have to wait for the fans to turn off and switch power off to the PSU before it restarts again. Been doing this for six months.
Second problem got this message the other day.
"Power supply surges detected during the previous power on.
Asus Anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit!
Press F1 to Run Setup"
Won't boot to windows keeps rebooting into BIOS.

I'm using Corsair HX750 I have two PSU I like to know I can use lower wattage PSU. To see HX750 went bad. One is a old 430 watt with one sata power cable. The other the computer I'm using now HP m8327c has 300 watt PSU all sata power cables.

orchidsurf
Thank You
35 REPLIES 35

Nate152
Hello 0rchidSurf

It sounds like your HX750 is on the brink.

What make is the 430w psu? It should be ok for testing, you could try it without your gtx 770 first. The gtx 770 calls for a minimum of a 600w psu so it's probably not a good idea to try and play any games.

If you'll be needing a new psu Seasonic and Evga Supernova's are popular here.

Thank you for fast reply.
The make is A+ GPB Inc. model JGE - 450P4 450w psu.
Do I just plug in 20-pin and 4-pin connectors into the motherboard and take out gtx 770 to test it.
The psu about 16 years old.56230

Nate152
Thank you for posting your 450w psu,

Being that it's 16 years old and 19 amps I'm not sure I'd try it I'd be afraid of damaging something.

Play it safe and just get another psu.

OrchidSurf
Level 7
Just letting you know I have been approve for RMA Replacement. Still under warranty.
I'm going to build another system when AMD ZEN come out . Should I wait to buy a PSU the video cards maybe cheaper by then. Who knows the video card companys might have a card for the ZEN .
What wattage should I start with to be on the safe side when buying PSU.
Thanks

Nate152

Hi
I got my new psu and installed it nothing change code AE. :mad:
How do I take the armor off get to the battery. Also is there a list I need to go though to see whats wrong.

Nate152
Code AE means it's looking for an operating system, try clearing the cmos and make sure you have your ssd with the operating system on set as boot priority 1. If this doesn't help then you will need to do a windows reinstall.

Are you still getting the power surge detected message?

No power surge detected message now.
Not rebooting now and not recycling back into bios now.
I clear the cmos got code A2 restarted the system went back to bios code AE again then I notice there no mention about my two ssd in raid 0.
I check sata configuration - sata mode it was set to AHCI not Raid so I reset it back to Raid mode and rebooted back into windows 7.
Everything working fine for now.
except CPU fan error popup again so reset fan speed from 600 to 400 .
It code A0 before I add my password to login and after I login. I guess everything ok now.
Thanks

OrchidSurf
Level 7
Bad News won't boot into windows code AE.5655956568565675656656565565645656356562565615656056569
Doing same thing this morning new screen message wants push the N key see attachments.
uploaded Bios pictures I'm trying to boot change order when I exit says no changes made.