cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Intel HD Graphics 4600 (G551JW) suddenly stops working, says it's for Win8

Seishiro
Level 7
My intel hd graphics suddenly stops working when I use it for a few minutes or hours then returns back to normal. It also says in the notification bar that it's a windows 8 version even though I downloaded it in the asus support page at the windows 10 category.
Any fix for this? Thanks in advance

Driver version: 10.18.15.4256
5 REPLIES 5

kingjezdi
Level 9
huhu,

u can download the Intel Driver Update and let it search for youre system
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html?iid=dc_iduu

nab
Level 11
Your driver is too old, there is a issue with this one.
Download latest Intel GPU Drivers LINK
I also don't recommend to instal Intel Driver Update Utility because it add extra service that could slow down your system
with real time update/background task.

nab wrote:
Your driver is too old, there is a issue with this one.
Download latest Intel GPU Drivers LINK
I also don't recommend to instal Intel Driver Update Utility because it add extra service that could slow down your system
with real time update/background task.

There's an error that shows up that "the driver is not validated for this computer. please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer."

Seishiro wrote:
There's an error that shows up that "the driver is not validated for this computer. please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer."

from ASUS WEB are manufacturer drivers , from INTEL WEB are classic drivers for all computers chip , u cannot UPDATE WITH INTEL UPDATE UTILY A MANUFACTURER DRIVER , u need unnistall a manufacturer driver and instal a classic driver of intel ,

i think intel classic drivers are the best because are updated and without blootware
GG WP

I can recommend >>> http://voltground.com

I just play StarCraft II

ZIXEL wrote:
from ASUS WEB are manufacturer drivers , from INTEL WEB are classic drivers for all computers chip , u cannot UPDATE WITH INTEL UPDATE UTILY A MANUFACTURER DRIVER , u need unnistall a manufacturer driver and instal a classic driver of intel ,

i think intel classic drivers are the best because are updated and without blootware

Do you have a tutorial video on how I can do that? I don't know where to find intel classic drivers