cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JY Nvidia drivers issue w/362.00. Please. Need advice what to do next. :/ [solved]

Weirdoutworld
Level 7
Running JY-WH71 windiws 10 980m i7-4720 gsync.

I was getting good temps, 50-74 fps with high-very high settings but also display driver errors/crashes juat recently in GTA V running 353.84 (came with the PC) I had a notification that 362.00 was available through geforce experience so (like an idiot) I went ahead and installed it. BIG MISTAKE. Now I'm running hotter, 20-30fps with med-high settings. My lack of knowledge about drivers had me near a panic attack when I saw the results.

Is there a recommended driver for my rig and running GTA V I should install? (The driver list is so large I wanted to ask here before I make it worse...)

My stock nvidia 353.84 is NOT listed on there website driver list so I don't know where to go or what to do next...

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. (Once/if I get this running properly again geforce experience is getting uninstalled immediately)
11 REPLIES 11

diogogmaio
Level 7
Install latest nvidia driver. Clean unninstall using http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html.
Your driver is not listed because it is a variation created by ASUS.
Install latest one from nvidia...
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

diogogmaio
Level 7
And also...you don't need to unninstall geforce experience.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Weirdoutworld wrote:

My stock nvidia 353.84 is NOT listed on there website driver list so I don't know where to go or what to do next...

1. Consider trying to 'rollback' to your previous nVidia driver version through device manager which should normally give you this option under your display adapters.

2. The ASUS download site has the G751JY Win10 nVidia vga driver 'Version V10.18.13.5384 ' which should be version 353.84 in my opinion (not sure why we list the versions differently on the ASUS download site, but just take the last 5 digits and ignore the period to see what I mean) if you want to get it.

Link from the U.S. site: http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks/ROG-G751JY/HelpDesk_Download/

Hope this helps!

cl-Albert wrote:
1. Consider trying to 'rollback' to your previous nVidia driver version through device manager which should normally give you this option under your display adapters.

2. The ASUS download site has the G751JY Win10 nVidia vga driver 'Version V10.18.13.5384 ' which should be version 353.84 in my opinion (not sure why we list the versions differently on the ASUS download site, but just take the last 5 digits and ignore the period to see what I mean) if you want to get it.

Link from the U.S. site: http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks/ROG-G751JY/HelpDesk_Download/

Hope this helps!

+1
If you prefer this approach I am also backing up cl-albert.
🙂

nab
Level 11
I won't comment on Geforce Experience but I don't recommend to use it, even more to install new drivers with GFE.
Always make a clean install of the new driver (remove old one) because this can make a conflict that
will cause the issue your are facing.

Weirdoutworld
Level 7
Thank you guys so much. I will try a fresh manual install when I get off work tonight. Also i forgot to add when GFE was finished un-installing and reinstalling the driver it was "not responding" and I had to task manager end GFE. Then, my start menue (left corner click/Windows key) was not working until I rebooted the PC. I right clicked the logo and was able to shut down that way. GFE seemed to good to be true for somebody who isn't software savy.

Weirdoutworld wrote:
Thank you guys so much. I will try a fresh manual install when I get off work tonight. Also i forgot to add when GFE was finished un-installing and reinstalling the driver it was "not responding" and I had to task manager end GFE. Then, my start menue (left corner click/Windows key) was not working until I rebooted the PC. I right clicked the logo and was able to shut down that way. GFE seemed to good to be true for somebody who isn't software savy.

The reason why you face the issue "not responding" it is because GFE couldn't close a certain task, if you want my point, only if you want, don't use GFE, GFE reserve a part of your GPU for silent tasks, each time you launch, GFE collect lot of information about GPU or Hardware usage in general, if GFE find a connection, it will stay connected to the Grid servers, until you drop the connection, other than that it has a real time service that control in a certain way your hardware.

GFE is mostly a service more than a software.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Ditch the GFE. You don't need it and a lot of the times the optimized settings are worse than original. You can tweak your own settings in Nvidia control panel for each individual game for what works best for you. Shadow play being enabled drags down performance quite a bit. Just uninstall GFE, use DDU to uninstall your current driver. Even when you uninstall using control panel it leaves behind registry entries and files that will conflict with other driver packages. This is not new, has been an Nvidia short coming for quite some time, as long as I can remember anyhow. The DDU will prompt you to go safe mode, just click OK and it will reboot you into safe mode then choose clean and restart, its marked as recommended. Then install the latest WHQL driver after the reboot.

DDU is HERE

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Ditch the GFE. You don't need it and a lot of the times the optimized settings are worse than original. You can tweak your own settings in Nvidia control panel for each individual game for what works best for you. Shadow play being enabled drags down performance quite a bit. Just uninstall GFE, use DDU to uninstall your current driver. Even when you uninstall using control panel it leaves behind registry entries and files that will conflict with other driver packages. This is not new, has been an Nvidia short coming for quite some time, as long as I can remember anyhow. The DDU will prompt you to go safe mode, just click OK and it will reboot you into safe mode then choose clean and restart, its marked as recommended. Then install the latest WHQL driver after the reboot.

DDU is HERE

As i said one my first post.
DDU is god.