cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Extreme, Matrix 980 Ti SLI-FPS problem

przemozz93
Level 7
Hi guys, can anyone help me somehow? I bought My new Pc and only game I'm getting 60 FPS is Witcher 3, on other games max FPS is 19-25, it's really annoying, i Tried reinstall, drivers and system, I have no overcloacks, SLI is enabled and works fine. Anyone have an idea how to Improve FPS on My pc?

My PC:
Motherboard:
MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME
Processor:
Intel i7 6700k
Memory (part number):
CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 - 32GB
Graphics Card #1:
MATRIX-GTX980TI
Graphics Card #2:
MATRIX-GTX980TI
Sound Card:
Creative Sound Blaster Z Gaming 5.1
Monitor:
Samsung LS27E510CS 27''
Storage #1:
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 120GB
Storage #2:
WDC WD2003FZEX-00Z4SAO
CPU Cooler:
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Case:
BitFenix Ghost Silent
Power Supply:
SuperFlower Leadex Platinum 1600W Fully Modular "80 Plus Platinum"
12 REPLIES 12

Chino
Level 15

kkn
Level 14
1080P chino.
Samsung SE510C 27-Inch Full HD Curved LED Monitor (16:9, 3000:1, 250 cd/m, 1920 x 1080, 4 ms, VGA/HDMI) ( after googling the monitor )

are you on wifi or are you cabled straight to the net?

are you using HDMI or DVI to the monitor from the GPU?

Resolution 1980x1080, 1080p( i tried 4k resolution, which GeForce Experience choose as best for Me, but result is same), I'm using HDMI from GPU to Monitor and Wi-Fi network.
I tried:
-Crysis 1,
-Crysis 2,
-Crysis 3,
-Rome 2,
-Shogun 2,
-Wolfenstein (New Order and Old Blood),
-Tomb Raider,
-Rise of the Tomb Raider,
-Far Cry 3,
-Far Cry 4,
-Dishonored,
-Borderlands 2,
-CS:GO,
-Rage,
-TERA,
-World of Warships,
-World of Tanks,
-War Thunder

przemozz93 wrote:
Resolution 1980x1080, 1080p( i tried 4k resolution, which GeForce Experience choose as best for Me, but result is same), I'm using HDMI from GPU to Monitor and Wi-Fi network.
I tried:
-Crysis 1,
-Crysis 2,
-Crysis 3,
-Rome 2,
-Shogun 2,
-Wolfenstein (New Order and Old Blood),
-Tomb Raider,
-Rise of the Tomb Raider,
-Far Cry 3,
-Far Cry 4,
-Dishonored,
-Borderlands 2,
-CS:GO,
-Rage,
-TERA,
-World of Warships,
-World of Tanks,
-War Thunder

Download 3DMark and run the FireStrike Extreme benchmark. Post a screenshot of the results.

well here is the 3d mard score.. and it's poor...56277

Have you checked the refresh rate? What is it?
Refresh rates of 60 will result in merely having 58-60 FPS.
AMD drivers have a "Frame Rate Target Control", which will limit FPS to that target even in 3D Mark (just tested that).
Do your Nvidia drivers have anything similar?

przemozz93 wrote:
well here is the 3d mard score.. and it's poor...56277

Indeed.

1. Have you verified that SLI is activated?

2. Is Vsync enabled? If do, disable it.

3. Are you using the latest NVIDIA driver? Try uninstalling it and test with a previous version.

4. How many PCIe cables are you using per GPU? Try swapping PCIe cables as well.

Nate152
Hello przemozz93

I can say for a fact that the crysis games and the far cry games are optimized well for sli and you should be getting way higher frames per second at 1080p with two matrix 980 Ti's or at least capping at 60 frames per second.

I know you said you reinstalled the NVidia driver but try reinstalling it again but try a custom advanced install. Let the sli connector connected, after the license agreement uncheck everything except the graphics driver and PhysX driver then check the box that says perform a clean installation.

After doing this open the NVidia control panel and at the very top click 3d settings then put a checkmark beside "show sli visual indicator", when playing a game you should see a thick green bar fluctuating to show sli is working.

QuinValen
Level 8
Have you checked the refresh rate? I
Refresh rates of 60 will result in merely having 58-60 FPS. (although I have it unlocked and not checked that on #D Mark, but am bout to now.)